News for upcoming games

Spor_tees

On the off chance that the Bengals advance through the playoffs and eventually face the other wild card team in the Championship game (that would be the Steelers), Mendenhall is done for the year. Torn ACL.

If the Bengals do face the Ravens or the Steelers again in the playoffs, the Bengals have a distinct advantage. The odds of a team beating another team 3 times in the same season are extremely low.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the off chance that the Bengals advance through the playoffs and eventually face the other wild card team in the Championship game (that would be the Steelers), Mendenhall is done for the year. Torn ACL.

If the Bengals do face the Ravens or the Steelers again in the playoffs, the Bengals have a distinct advantage. The odds of a team beating another team 3 times in the same season are extremely low.

I thought so too but I saw someone post on another board that the record for teams who have beaten a team twice and then meet them again in the playoffs is 12-7.

I've always said, it's not which knee ligament gets torn, it's when it gets torn. This one was about 6 weeks too late.

Without some run blocking, we'll be lucky to get past Houston.

Yeah... there's no guarantee there.

Then, if they do... it's on to New England. No matter how bad New England's defense is, I'm a bit terrified of what Gronkowski and Hernandez would do to the Bengals defense.

If, on the off chance the Bengals manage to win that game, I'd much rather the Bengals play the Ravens than the Steelers. The Bengals just don't match-up with the Steelers as well as they do with Baltimore.