News for upcoming games

Spor_tees

Looks like Andre Johnson may have hurt his hamstring again today.

If the Bengals don't win that one, they simply don't deserve to be in the playoff race.

Still seems about right.

If the season ended today, the playoff teams on the Bengals schedule are the Steelers, Ravens, Texans, Broncos and 49ers.The Bengals are 0-6 against these teams. Cincinnati is not a playoff team. They are clearly good enough to beat the Little Sisters of the Poor... but simply are not true playoff contenders. They look like they are still a year away.

The bright side? If there is one, it's that Oakland doesn't look like a playoff team either... so those two 1st round picks are looking better and better.

And that's what I'm looking at. I never thought the playoffs were a possibility this year anyway.2012? Watch the f**k out!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reedy says Bobbie is on crutches and in a boot in the locker room. Sounds like his season is over.

Welcome to Cincinnati David DeCastro!

Sadly Mikey won't pay tackle money to a guard. I agree we need an upgrade to our interior line.

What does tackle money have to do with it? It's a slotted draft pick.

Last year, the #20 overall pick got $8.2 million for a 4 year deal ($2.05/year). After the '09 season Bobbie Williams signed a 2 year deal worth nearly $6 million (almost $3/year).

Reedy says Bobbie is on crutches and in a boot in the locker room. Sounds like his season is over.

Welcome to Cincinnati David DeCastro!

Sadly Mikey won't pay tackle money to a guard. I agree we need an upgrade to our interior line.

What does tackle money have to do with it? It's a slotted draft pick.

Last year, the #20 overall pick got $8.2 million for a 4 year deal ($2.05/year). After the '09 season Bobbie Williams signed a 2 year deal worth nearly $6 million (almost $3/year).

Slay the messenger, bro. Past history shows and by his own admission, Mike Brown will not take a guard in the first round. That round is reserved for high skill level players such as a tackle, cornerback, wide receiver, linebacker or QB according to their family draft hierarchy. They have shied away from interior linemen safeties and defensive tackles in the first round feeling that they can get better value at those positions in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

What was big Andre's contract worth in 09?

Past history showscand by his own admission, Mike Brown will not take a guard in the first round.

They took Steinbach with the 33rd overall pick in '03. And DeCastro is 10 times the prospect that Steinbach was.

How much of a difference is there between the 33rd pick and the, let's say, 20th pick? I don't know. You be the judge. But if DeCastro is there... the Bengals will be thinking long and hard about it.

That round is reserved for high skill level players such as a tackle, cornerback, wide receiver, linebacker or QB according to their family draft hierarchy. They have shied away from interior linemen and defensive tackles in the first round feeling that they can get better value at those positions in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

Prior to the rookie wage scale, that argument could be made. Not anymore. RBs and interior linemen are much more likely to go earlier now... because $20 million signing bonuses are a thing of the past. There is no longer a financial penalty for taking BPA if the guy doesn't play one of the traditional "high price" positions.

I would hope that DeCastro would be on their radar in the first round especially if they are set with big Andre at RT. Perhaps the slotting might get them out if that mindset but it took MB awhile to get the hang of free agency too.

Right now it appears that they will have two picks in close proximity in the first round.

Past history shows and by his own admission, Mike Brown will not take a guard in the first round. That round is reserved for high skill level players such as a tackle, cornerback, wide receiver, linebacker or QB according to their family draft hierarchy. They have shied away from interior linemen safeties and defensive tackles in the first round feeling that they can get better value at those positions in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

How does the old saying go? The more things change the more they stay the same.

Frankly, as much as I hope an OG would be considered if deemed worthy...I'm suddenly very interested in double dipping at both CB and LB. Furthermore, I would no longer rule out a DE in any round, including either pick in the 1st round, if that player carried a higher grade than the best available OG.

DE? I'm on board under one condition. We package Carlos Dunlap up with a nice ribbon and get a first for him. His leg problems are very worrisome, he's disappeared when we need him the most, and nothing about his work ethic or psyche tells me he is going to put the off-season work in that will allow him to stay healthy through a season.

He is a classic heart breaker. So gifted that when he plays you fall head over heels in love, but you love him playing football more than he loves him playing football. Mike will never do it because he just doesn't do things like this, but I feel Carlos is pacing himself for the second contract, and that contract will be huge and it won't be a Bengals contract.

Need a laugh? Check out Whinin' Joe.

“I mean, look at Tim Tebow,” Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco told WNST radio in Baltimore, via NFL.com. “I like Tim, but you have a tendency to want to — I don’t want to see Tim do bad — but look what happens after he wins a football game. If you watched SportsCenter today, it was Tim Tebow then something else, Tim Tebow then something else, and Tim Tebow then something else. When we beat the Steelers, were we on TV? No. I couldn’t even find a Baltimore Ravens highlight."

Oh, the poor thing. Too bad he isn't a Bengals fan because we know how they're always all over sports show, right?

Flacco believes the Ravens are “disrespected” by the national media.

Yeah, no one picked them to go to the playoffs before the season... :rolleyes:

With kicker Billy Cundiff battling a calf injury, the Ravens announced Wednesday that they have signed veteran kicker Shayne Graham. To make room for Graham -- and to keep Cundiff on the active roster -- the team placed linebacker Chavis Williams on injured reserve with a foot injury.

Read more: http://www.espn1530.com/pages/lancesBlog.html#ixzz1hDnF1xhS

This season has been so highs and lows,.. And a literal last second loss is the equivalent of down. I think if he gets the chance, he'll make it the most important kick of his career... And so even though hes not that good, he'll make it... He can make kicks,.. He just didn't seem like he cared... Buuut with that being said, the unbelievably high highs of this year would make him miss,.. But we gotta beat the cards first... Lol

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Reggie Bush will be out for the Dolphins - making things a little easier for the Jets

/>http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-reggie-bush-miami-dolphins-knee-jets-20111230,0,5527530.story

Well that does suck. I for some reason dont see the Jets losing this game, or i will be suprised if they do....i sure hope they do though.

I do worry some about Oakland winning, for some reason Carson seems to play pretty good against the chargers. I really think it will suck if they make the playoffs, so hears hoping they lose!