Steelers @ Bengals Pregame Chatter

HoosierCat

Found a pretty cool stat on ESPN:

The Bengals should be primed to exploit this weakness in Roethlisberger’s game. Cincinnati has 20 sacks this season, nearly three times as many as they had through eight games last year. Fourteen of those 20 sacks have come when rushing four or fewer players, tied for sixth-most in the league.

I'm not really sure how to take this. On one hand it's awesome that the Bengals are able to get an aggressive pass rush without blitzing, but why is the blitzing so poor? Poor design? Poor execution? Well let's all hope that Roethlisburger, the third most sacked active QB, spends plenty of time on his back this weekend.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found a pretty cool stat on ESPN:

The Bengals should be primed to exploit this weakness in Roethlisbergers game. Cincinnati has 20 sacks this season, nearly three times as many as they had through eight games last year. Fourteen of those 20 sacks have come when rushing four or fewer players, tied for sixth-most in the league.

I'm not really sure how to take this. On one hand it's awesome that the Bengals are able to get an aggressive pass rush without blitzing, but why is the blitzing so poor? Poor design? Poor execution? Well let's all hope that Roethlisburger, the third most sacked active QB, spends plenty of time on his back this weekend.

Last week made me mad, Zim kept blitzing, but Matt kept getting the ball out quick. In the 2nd half he didnt blitz as much, and they only allowed them about 100 yards and no points. I think Zim dosnt have to blitz everydown, let the front 4 got after it, or just send an extra guy. For that i would love to see Moch active and in on passing downs. Moch should be blitzing with that blazing speed he has, and would love to see that this week, but im sure he wont play :(