penn st

cincy9275

So adding the 13 million to the already 60 million in penalties and we are talking about a program that will still see better than 45+ million in revenues over the next two years. Over the course of the 4 year bowl ban ?? Yep, over 165 million in revenues. Someone please tell me where this makes any kind of sense.

I know it's a cold day in hell, because I'm about to point approvingly in the direction of serial douchebag Gregg Doyle, who has the answer to your question.

The NCAA hit Penn State so hard that it should sink to the bottom of the Big Ten, yet hit it so intelligently that Penn State will have no choice to but sink anyway. The school can't make like Tulane basketball in 1985, when the Green Wave were caught up in a point-shaving scandal and simply did away with basketball for a few years. Penn State won't have that luxury, because the school has been fined $60 million -- and it needs football to pay that fine.

Penn State football will lose games but make money, which is the best possible result. The local community needs Penn State football, needs it more than Dallas needed SMU in 1987 or more, really, than just about any small college town needs its big college football program. State College, Pa., would have been devastated by the death penalty. Emmert was aware of that when he said the NCAA considered but rejected that sanction because it "would bring unintended harm to many that had nothing to do with this case."

Current Penn State football players and recruits will feel "unintended harm," but they have an out. They can leave and play immediately elsewhere, or they can stay at Penn State on scholarship -- whether they keep playing or not.

Meanwhile, Penn State fans will still come to games, still buy merchandise, still pump money like coal into that furnace. But the money will not be used toward better facilities, more leather chairs in the locker room, more flat-screen televisions in the player lounge. The money will be used to support the fight against child abuse, and to support its victims.

I honestly can't see how any player would want to remain there at this point.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're a senior at Penn State, you're probably screwed. It's really too late to transfer; may as well tough it out. Juniors are in a similar boat. I think the biggest impact will be on frosh/sophomores and HS recruiting. Bottom line, Penn State will likely field a decent team this season, but then it's into the crapper and who knows how long it takes to climb out.

I found this on another site. It appears Sandusky has a book you can buy from Amazon. It's appropriately titled "Touched" and a used book will cost you $150. New is going for close to $500.

Here's the cover: a_250x375.jpg

and a not too surprising image from within' it covers: jerry-sandusky-little-boy-instructional-video1.jpg

Incredible, but true.

Interesting OTL report here (Nothing to do with Sandusky... but more about Paterno and the power he had/abused).

[media]http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8229520

ESPN OTL is always very one-sided... so I wouldn't be surprised if there was more to this story (especially why she was asked to resign) - but there are a handful of facts that illuminate the kind of power Paterno had and the way he chose to use it.

• 4 weeks later...

sorry i wish nothing but the worst for penn st. they are forever stained. i don't feel sorry for the players, fans or anyone that is involved with that team. what happened there is unforgivable. as far as i am concerned, i would love to see the big 10 boot them from the conference. how anyone can have a ounce of compassion for them is beyond me. i have 3 boys of my own and when i think about what happened... well if i was one of the kids dad.. jerry sandusky would be a dead man. i would find him and blow his f**king brains out. the good thing is prison will take care of sandusky, just wait until the prisoners get a hold of him.

sorry i wish nothing but the worst for penn st. they are forever stained. i don't feel sorry for the players, fans or anyone that is involved with that team. what happened there is unforgivable. as far as i am concerned, i would love to see the big 10 boot them from the conference. how anyone can have a ounce of compassion for them is beyond me. i have 3 boys of my own and when i think about what happened... well if i was one of the kids dad.. jerry sandusky would be a dead man. i would find him and blow his f**king brains out. the good thing is prison will take care of sandusky, just wait until the prisoners get a hold of him.

I understand your feelings being a parent myself but very few people at Penn State knew anything about this nor could they have done anything about it. That includes all the current players and the 90,000 fans at Beaver Stadium. "Wishing the worst" for those folks does nothing to help these victims. Sandusky is locked up for life. Paterno is dead and AD Tim Curley has a recurrence of his cancer so he's going to be dead before long as well. You're running out of people to punish

• 1 month later...

Wow. Sandusky has gone completely down the denial river saying everyone is lying about him, and he's now somehow a victim of an agenda to get him.

:blink:

Just when you thought a sick mind couldn't get any sicker, you find the opposite is true.

• 1 year later...

Sweet mother o'gawd.

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Penn State says it is paying $59.7 million to 26 young men over claims of child sexual abuse at the hands of former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky.

26?!?!?! Will someone please tie an anvil around Sandusky's neck and dump him out a plane door mid-Pacific?