Bengals @ Titans Game Thread.

BengalszoneBilly

i want to give props to guys like lee, b johnson and skuta. they stepped right in and played very well. second how about the halftime adjustments by gruden and zim. it's just so good to see competent coaching on this staff. then andy dalton, so much for a wet noodle for a arm. did you see that td pass to simpson? a thing of beauty. the kid is just unreal, he is doing things no rookie in the history of the game has done. 3 2nd half come backs and 12 td passes in 8 games. both rookie records! dalton is the real deal!

this team just never gives up! when they have their backs against the wall they play their best. just unreal for such a young team. WHO DEY!!!!!

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and it's another road game for them. :)

Lets hope the Jungle is nice and noisey!!

Hate to say it but it'll more than likely be a home away from home for them. I hope I'm wrong but they always travel well and PBS has been empty as this season, can't see our fans coming back for this one. At least in the time it was sold out.

Hope like hell I'm wrong.

The game is a confirmed sellout, at least. Let's just hope that the empty seats weren't filled with too many of those thousands of traitorous Ohio Steelers fans.

how about the halftime adjustments by gruden and zim.

Yarp. Our old friend Kirk talks about Zimmer's 2nd half adjustments.

And they've been doing it all season.

Cincinnati has outscored their opponents 39-16 in the 3rd quarter and 87-43 in the 4th quarter.

Many of the past Bengal teams would come out flat in the 3rd quarter and find a way to lose the game in the 4th quarter. This group is different.

how about the halftime adjustments by gruden and zim.

Yarp. Our old friend Kirk talks about Zimmer's 2nd half adjustments.

And they've been doing it all season.

Cincinnati has outscored their opponents 39-16 in the 3rd quarter and 87-43 in the 4th quarter.

Many of the past Bengal teams would come out flat in the 3rd quarter and find a way to lose the game in the 4th quarter. This group is different.

I saw a stat on one of the articles that we were 10-38 or something under Marvin when trailing at the half. We are 3-1 with Andy Dalton. How much of that stat reflects something else: we had Brat as our coordinator during that same time. And now we have Gruden.

Whatever the source, we've traded Brat and Carson for Gruden and Dalton.

For the something like the 7th week in a row I found myself having a curious reaction during the game. We were down, I thought we probably wouldn't win, but man I was loving my team. That second TD drive, when AD just carved them up...I just kept thinking...boy the future is bright. And then, week after week, he goes and just gets...Magical. He's got that Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers 'IT' in him. And that's not hyperbole. He's a ROOK, and we can already see it.

Give me a stouter run game and a couple of more enforces on D and the sky is the limit with this QB at the helm. Oh wait... we have 3 first and 2 second round picks in the next two years!

For the first time ever here, I see the makings of a dynasty.

What a road it's been since hearing our Franchise QB was giving up on us!

".........YOU ARE A FACTORY OF SADNESS...............................................i'll see you sunday!" :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

If anyone can empathise with this fan it'd be a Bengal fan. :sure:

Still, it's Cleveland so you gotta laugh ain't ya :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Oh wait... we have 3 first and 2 second round picks in the next two years!

3 Firsts and 3 Seconds, with an outside shot at 4 Firsts and 2 Seconds

Yes, in my giddiness I slipped on the math. So the Raiders will lose out this year, giving us a top 8 pick, and then we'll beat them to a pulp in the AFC championship game next year, so we get the 28th pick in the first - and have the immense satisfaction of watching Palmer lose for the SECOND time next season against us.

Yes, in my giddiness I slipped on the math. So the Raiders will lose out this year, giving us a top 8 pick, and then we'll beat them to a pulp in the AFC championship game next year, so we get the 28th pick in the first - and have the immense satisfaction of watching Palmer lose for the SECOND time next season against us.

For the record, we only get a 1st rd pick in 2013 if the Raiders make the AFC Championship game this yr

Oh wait... we have 3 first and 2 second round picks in the next two years!

3 Firsts and 3 Seconds, with an outside shot at 4 Firsts and 2 Seconds

I'd rather have the 3 and 3 - those 2 from Carson get better and better every time they lose

I'd love it if they'd lose every remaining game

The Raiders could easily score us a top 15 draft pick in 2012. Easily.

They are close right now. With last weekend's loss they (or rather, the Bengals) moved from the 18th to the 16th pick.

I posted this in the Palmer thread... but it seems relevant here too.

The Raiders have several tough games remaining (Chi, @GB, Det, and SD x2)... so I can't see them finishing better than 8-8.

They also have 3 very winnable games (@Miami, @Minnesota, @KC)... so I am guessing they will finish no worse than 6-10.

If they go 8-8, the Bengals will likely pick in the 14-18 range. If they go 6-10, the Bengals will likely have a top 10 pick.

They are close right now. With last weekend's loss they (or rather, the Bengals) moved from the 18th to the 16th pick.

I posted this in the Palmer thread... but it seems relevant here too.

The Raiders have several tough games remaining (Chi, @GB, Det, and SD x2)... so I can't see them finishing better than 8-8.

They also have 3 very winnable games (@Miami, @Minnesota, @KC)... so I am guessing they will finish no worse than 6-10.

If they go 8-8, the Bengals will likely pick in the 14-18 range. If they go 6-10, the Bengals will likely have a top 10 pick.

Well, if they lost to Denver, then they can lose to any of those other beatable teams you mentioned. *fingers crossed*

Well, if they lost to Denver, then they can lose to any of those other beatable teams you mentioned. *fingers crossed*

Sure. 4-12 isn't out of the realm of possibility (especially with the way their defense has played the last two games).

But I expect McFadden to give them a boost when he gets healthy and I'm not sure it's reasonable to expect them to lose 10 in a row.

Here's hoping though! Bring on the top 5 pick!

Sure. 4-12 isn't out of the realm of possibility (especially with the way their defense has played the last two games).

Yep, and a big reason that their defense is so bad is that it's extremely hard to overcome 3 interceptions by your quarterback. So, I'd say Palmer's performance and their D are very closely tied together.

Yep, and a big reason that their defense is so bad is that it's extremely hard to overcome 3 interceptions by your quarterback. So, I'd say Palmer's performance and their D are very closely tied together.

Well that was certainly true against KC. It is nearly impossible to overcome 6 interceptions (especially when 2 of them are pick-6s).

But Palmer didn't give up 281 rushing yards to McGahee and Tebow. And that's what I'm looking for!

In order for Oakland to finish 4-12, it's going to have to be a team effort. They can't rely just on just one player really sucking. They need to come together as a team and really practice how to lose.

But I expect McFadden to give them a boost when he gets healthy and I'm not sure it's reasonable to expect them to lose 10 in a row.

Here's hoping though! Bring on the top 5 pick!

At least we have precedent for carson presiding over 10 losses in a row.