Bengals @ Titans Pregame Chatter

skyline

Sorry for starting this so soon, when I should be letting everyone bask in the glow of yesterday's win, BUT...this is a big week for me. On Saturday my cross country team will be competing for the state championship title, and then Sunday, I'll be attending my only Bengals game of the year. So, I'm a bit amped.

Listening to sports talk radio on the way into work this morning and the entire city is up in arms about the Titans' running situation. Chris Johnson has looked horrendous all year and everyone is debating whether it's CJ to blame or poor play by the offensive line. During yesterday's game, CJ was essentially benched late in the game, while Javon Ringer took over and looked semi-decent.

Our defense should fair well this week...whoever is running the ball, I don't expect them to have much success against our front line. It'll be up to Matt Hasselbeck to beat us. He's playing well (good chemistry with Nate Washington) and shouldn't be taken lightly, but there's no doubt that it's a winnable game.

The local sports guys really don't know anything about the Bengals, so I may have to call in and provide them with an education :P

Enjoy the game :cheers:

i think our defence's only problem seems to be giving up big pass plays, and yet, they manage to keep us in games/take games away from the oppo. Compared to former years this years D is a godsend, and has allowed our average offence to get away with not having any real running game ;)

Whatever the outcome in this and the remaining games, isn't it nice to be looking forward to games and not worrying which stunt will land us in hot water or what certain individuals may be upto?

Have a great day

jon

My biggest concern right now with the defense is all the big pass plays on them. I dont know if they are just not playing tight, or jamming recievers at the line, something needs to be done though. Alot of times its like they dont play the ball, or there heads dont turn around, either way they need to fix it.

They need to start running the ball, i dont care how they get it done or with who, but they need to run in these games coming up!!

Titans are a physical team, so they will have to find a way to match that or they will lose. Be the more physical team, and i can see them win the game, its going to be tough though.

My biggest concern right now with the defense is all the big pass plays on them. I dont know if they are just not playing tight, or jamming recievers at the line, something needs to be done though. Alot of times its like they dont play the ball, or there heads dont turn around, either way they need to fix it.

They need to start running the ball, i dont care how they get it done or with who, but they need to run in these games coming up!!

Titans are a physical team, so they will have to find a way to match that or they will lose. Be the more physical team, and i can see them win the game, its going to be tough though.

I'm at least encouraged by the fact that our backs are still getting 20+ carries each game. Even when it's not working perfectly, Gruden isn't abandoning it.

Hopefully we get Maualuga back this week. Having him there to punch Tennessee's RBs in the mouth will help to make them one dimensional very quickly.

A lot was made of the Seattle crowd and the noise they generate which affects opposing teams. What's the story with the Tennessee stadium and crowd - is it a factor that should be considered??

A lot was made of the Seattle crowd and the noise they generate which affects opposing teams. What's the story with the Tennessee stadium and crowd - is it a factor that should be considered??

It can get a bit loud, but the crowds have been pretty weak this year from what I've heard. People are pretty down on the Titans in these parts. If the Bengals make a couple of plays early, then it'll take the crowd right out of it. ESPECIALLY if we stuff CJ on his early runs. They will boo him in a heartbeat.

Bengals.com was saying that Marvin was just resting some of his vet players today, didnt say much about his knee.

Trent being cut today with all these so called injuries is not good news, so i do think they will be ok.....i hope!

The way i look at from here on out, the bengals need to look at every game like a playoff game! These up coming games are going to be very tough to win, so everybody needs to be on the same page. Time to give it there all like there is no other games, and lets hope they come out with a win.

I keep hoping they will somehow get there running game going, and on defense they start to press the recievers at the line. To many big plays on defense does worry me some, but shut them down and they will be ok.

Bad news, sky: all five prognosticators at cbs pick the Bengals to win.

http://www.cbssports...ert/picks/week9

That's okay. All the local media types here are skeptical of the "Bungles" and believe this is a winnable game for TN. Our CBs are weak and our young rookie QB will be rattled once they throw some pressure at him.

They're also completely obsessed with "Pacman". It's really nothing short of comical to listen to.

Wednesday practice report:

DNP: Clements (knee),

Horrifying news. But what they did with Morgan Trent seems to say the knee will be ok on Sunday, correct?

Lewis said he was just giving Clements and Crocker the day-off apparently, but both have a sore knee.

Injuries keeping Rey, Gresham, and Pac Man out are my biggest concern - but they did ok last week.

I hate to see Jennings covering anybody for 3 downs.

Looks like Gresham, Maualuga and Pacman are all going to be scratches Sunday.

/>http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2011/11/03/looks-like-no-maualuga-gresham-and-jones-for-titans-game/

Good news is that Cements and Crocker moved up to limited.

Well that sucks, i think the Titans are a better team then the Seahawks would have liked seen them full go.

Im suprised with Jones though im sure he is dying to get on the field wonder if somehow he plays!

Im still hoping that Moch will be active one week, even if it is for him to use his pass rush skills would love to see him out there.

Chris Johnson is going to have a break out game sometime this year, hope its not on Sunday, thats why i wanted to see them get there guys back. Get pressure on Hasselback and i think he throws picks! Titans o-line is pretty good and pretty physical, they did hold the ravens without a sack, so hope the defense line is ready for a physcial game.

Looks like Gresham, Maualuga and Pacman are all going to be scratches Sunday.

/>http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2011/11/03/looks-like-no-maualuga-gresham-and-jones-for-titans-game/

Good news is that Cements and Crocker moved up to limited.

Smart move not to rush them and instead have them ready for Pittsburgh.

This seems to be a bigger deal with the fans as the team seems to really have adopted the "next man in" mindset.

Tenn. is a weird team

Wins

Balt

Cleve

Indy

Den

Loss

Jax

Pitt

Hous

This is such a big game for Cincy when it comes to playoff tiebreakers. It's an advantage that the Steelers/Ravens blood match is a week before we get the Steelers. I don't feel good about this game even though since they have no running game that leaves Nate Washington and Hasselbeck to slow down? Come onnnnnnnnn

Bengals 20

TItans 13

I hate to say it but I think they lose this one. Second straight road game (and the previous one a haul to/from Seattle), banged-up secondary against a surprisingly decent passing game and just a feeling on my part that the D is due for a letdown. I will be happy to be wrong, though.

I hate to say it but I think they lose this one. Second straight road game (and the previous one a haul to/from Seattle), banged-up secondary against a surprisingly decent passing game and just a feeling on my part that the D is due for a letdown. I will be happy to be wrong, though.

I could see them losing, but don't underestimate what a mess Tennessee is at the moment. They have no identity. Their defense has holes all over the place, and they can't get the running game going. That was alright early in the year when they had Britt to pass it to, but their WRs are far less scary now than they were.

I think the biggest factor will be whether or not the Bengals come out flat. If they come out energized and ready to play, then I think the Titans are a team that they could jump all over in the early going. This will also help with taking the fans out of the game since they're pretty much ready to turn on the Titans at the drop of a hat. Take them out of the game, and this could become a snoozefest. Wouldn't that be nice for a change?

I could see them losing, but don't underestimate what a mess Tennessee is at the moment. They have no identity. Their defense has holes all over the place, and they can't get the running game going. That was alright early in the year when they had Britt to pass it to, but their WRs are far less scary now than they were.

I think the biggest factor will be whether or not the Bengals come out flat. If they come out energized and ready to play, then I think the Titans are a team that they could jump all over in the early going. This will also help with taking the fans out of the game since they're pretty much ready to turn on the Titans at the drop of a hat. Take them out of the game, and this could become a snoozefest. Wouldn't that be nice for a change?

I acknowledge my gut in saying I think "we're due for a letdown" and "we've got injury problems". However, this is a different team that is winning games that we are not expecting them to win. Bascially, my Bengal-radar and intuition is all shot to hell. I have no idea what will happen Sunday but a convincing win would not suprise me at all.