Bengals @ Seahawks Game Thread.

BengalszoneBilly

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a sloppy game for the most part. we were able to handle some adversity stick with it. make enough plays to blow the game open at the end.

just a couple tidbits about the game.

carlos dunlap is the f**king man. yes his sacks are down but he always seems to be in the qb's face. really the whole d-line is relentless and damn good!

i thought leonard should have had a few more carries. the man just makes plays period!

adam might have been the boost tate needed one hell of a punt return for a td. hope jone's injury is not bad. his punt return was a good one. better conditioning and that's 6.

scott did ok against a tough defense to run on. just not strong enough to run through arm tackles.

dalton played up and down but recovered nicely and lead the team on a much needed fg at the time.

sp teams played real good today and helped keep us in the lead all day.

loved how the defense laid on the hawks right before half preventing another play lol! crocker also had a damn good day.

i don't know what the f**king refs were on. the called a terrible game! their o-line was holding our d-line all day f**king day! then called some bs holding calls on our line. dalton was hit late at least 3 times. just numerous other terrible calls.

one last thing. f**k SEATTLES 12TH MAN!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry the announcer's just made me sick with all the dick riding during the game. any way WHO DEY!

Great win - we never win on the west coast, never.

And I am actually glad - yes, glad - our defense will fall down in the rankings after giving up a lot of mostly garbage yardage to the Seahawks. Zimmer will use it to motivate the troops - "see guys, you aint nearly as good as your newspaper clippings say you are" - and opponents wont take us as seriously.

I dont care about offensive or defensive rankings, just the W's

one last thing. f**k SEATTLES 12TH MAN!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry the announcer's just made me sick with all the dick riding during the game. any way WHO DEY!

Yeah, and they make a big deal over all the false starts they cause for the visiting team. Well did you get the final tally on today's game?

Bengals: 2 false starts

Seahawks: 4 false starts; 2 defensive encroachments

Advantage: Bengals

Nearly half of our penalties were on Andre Smith. both false starts and one holding penalty

Huge road win for a young team. I hope Pac Man is back next week.

He says he will be. From Hobs:

Jones injured his hamstring on his first-quarter punt return and didn't return to the game.

"I didn't pull it, it was a grab," Jones said. "It happened on my first cut. If it didn't grab, I would have scored."

Jones said he thinks he will be ready to go by Wednesday and does not plan to miss the Tennessee game next Sunday. The Titans are the team that drafted him in 2005.

Huge road win for a young team. I hope Pac Man is back next week.

He says he will be. From Hobs:

Jones injured his hamstring on his first-quarter punt return and didn't return to the game.

"I didn't pull it, it was a grab," Jones said. "It happened on my first cut. If it didn't grab, I would have scored."

Jones said he thinks he will be ready to go by Wednesday and does not plan to miss the Tennessee game next Sunday. The Titans are the team that drafted him in 2005.

Well, if there's any team he'll be amped up to play, it's Tennessee............I hope he plays

Encouraging game and they've exceeded expectations. Win a game you have to.

I am anxious to see them play Pitt in particular.

The o-line is just so bad, it will probably cause them to come up short regarding the post season possibly, can only hope they get better, but I suspect what you see is what you get, pending specific match-ups.

The d-line is the best in the league and Clements was a great FA pick-up, love what he's done, better than Hall.

Great to see Nelson becoming the Safety he's capable of and Crocker return to 2009 form. Those 2 have been huge and the d-line is the best in the NFL.

If they beat Tenn next week, then things get really interesting.

The o-line is just so bad, it will probably cause them to come up short regarding the post season possibly, can only hope they get better, but I suspect what you see is what you get, pending specific match-ups.

The d-line is the best in the league and Clements was a great FA pick-up, love what he's done, better than Hall.

Great to see Nelson becoming the Safety he's capable of and Crocker return to 2009 form. Those 2 have been huge and the d-line is the best in the NFL.

I think you're being pretty hard on the O-line. You don't seem to realize how tough it is to play there. Our O-line had two false starts and Seattle had 4! They protected Dalton well all day. Seattle has a very decent D. Granted we could use a better G or two but the line as a whole is doing quite well.

The o-line definitely struggled today. I'll grant them some measure of excuse because of the conditions, but really it wasn't all that different from what we've seen in the past. They just don't do a consistent enough job to allow for many deep balls. The difference now vs. Palmer is that Dalton, while not having great legs, is more elusive than Palmer and does a good job extending the play once protection beaks down. But IMHO he needs his receivers to do a better job coming back to help him out once he's outside the pocket. That should come with time, but right now they are still a young team. While the offense figures this out, it's good to see the D and teams step up. It's what we all thought needed to happen before the season if they were going to win. In the meantime, they just need to do what Lewis has always said: keep shoveling.

On to Tennessee! :bengal:

Dalton didn't throw any picks today. You have to blame those picks on people that didn't even play in the game, his parents. They are guilty of creating a fine young quarterback with leadership, confidence, and intelligence, unfortunately the one thing he lacks is arm strength. Yes the offensive line was subpar today. Even Whitworth had a penalty or two and could be seen chasing his man around in the backfield trying to clean up the pocket. I really can't say any of the guys on the offensive line had a good day, as I saw them all make mistakes including penalties and missed blocks. The sack on Dalton was just a pitiful attempt at a block by Smith. IMHO today showed that Benson's lackluster year has to have a lot to do with the offensive line.

I'm like alot of you right now. Stunned that they won this game. This is the type of game this team has rarely to never won in the 30 years I have been following them. I'm elated. This is fun. This is actually fun.

If this team beats Tennessee next weekend and goes 6-2, we're making the playoffs. No doubt in my mind.

I'm like alot of you right now. Stunned that they won this game. This is the type of game this team has rarely to never won in the 30 years I have been following them. I'm elated. This is fun. This is actually fun.

If this team beats Tennessee next weekend and goes 6-2, we're making the playoffs. No doubt in my mind.

It is fun, isn't it? There's something exuberant about this team this year. They could crash and burn and I'd cheer all the way.

But right now I don't get the vibe that will be the case. And I want a W next week. So bad I can taste it.

The o-line definitely struggled today. I'll grant them some measure of excuse because of the conditions, but really it wasn't all that different from what we've seen in the past. They just don't do a consistent enough job to allow for many deep balls. The difference now vs. Palmer is that Dalton, while not having great legs, is more elusive than Palmer and does a good job extending the play once protection beaks down. But IMHO he needs his receivers to do a better job coming back to help him out once he's outside the pocket. That should come with time, but right now they are still a young team. While the offense figures this out, it's good to see the D and teams step up. It's what we all thought needed to happen before the season if they were going to win. In the meantime, they just need to do what Lewis has always said: keep shoveling.

On to Tennessee! :bengal:

We have all been saying that this o-line has been struggling for awhile now, i just dont understand why they have done nothing about it. The running game right now is really bad, and i dont know if its the o-linemen or the technique, not keeping there pad levels down things like that. Man if they could just run the ball, and give Dalton just alittle more time i think they offense could be that much better. They need to be physical!!!

I think you're being pretty hard on the O-line. You don't seem to realize how tough it is to play there. Our O-line had two false starts and Seattle had 4! They protected Dalton well all day. Seattle has a very decent D. Granted we could use a better G or two but the line as a whole is doing quite well.

The offensive stats/yards/rankings say otherwise though, Hoosier makes good points above, which I agree with. Dalton is just elusive and gets rid of the ball and has a quick release, he was getting pressured all day yesterday - not that Seattle is chopped liver upfront, but their CB's are below average.

I still don't care for Alexander, Livings, Williams, Cook or Smith, and Whit is a mixed bag every week (probably overrated, but adequate). Gresham isn't a good blocker still etc...,

They'll have to make do with what they have, and we'll have to hope the o-line gets better as the season goes on (they've done it in the past).

I thought Scott was slightly more effective than Benson would've been yesterday, or has been lately.