Luck? For real?

Yea for Stanford and Luck. It only took three overtimes for the #6 team to beat one unranked.

Good for you guys. :rolleyes:

All of the experts I listened to thought it would be this sort of a game, and several of them even picked USC for the upset.

This was the first time I've watched Luck closely, and judging by last night's game he deserves all the hype he's been getting. Maybe more.

Yea for Stanford and Luck. It only took three overtimes for the #6 team to beat one unranked.

Good for you guys. :rolleyes:

Yeah, and in the meantime, Landry Jones Torches #8 ranked Kansas State (who coming into the game led the Big 12 in Defense) for 505 yards and 5 TD's........Look Luck should be a good pro, but as I've been saying for over a year now, Landry Jones is the Real Deal too......Yet the media won't even put him in Luck's class......B.S.

In the 3rd quarter Luck and his 4th ranked team against UNRANKED Oregon State is just 10 of 18 passes for a whopping 79 yards. 1 TD with a countering INT.

This guy can't carry the jock of Dalton or Newton. Why are people so high on this dude!?! :rolleyes:

Garrett III from Baylor is getting a lot of publicity. Luck might be the favorite for the #1 pick right now, but who knows by the end of the season and all the combine activities. This could be one of those times when a guy sneaks up the board. Remember Ryan Leaf was supposed to be the #1 pick but the Colts switched up and took Manning instead. You never know.

Well Luck had an off day against Oregon. 27/41 271 yards 3 TDs and 2 Ints including a pick 6.

On the other hand LeMichael James had 20 carries for 146 yards and 3TDs. Not bad against the 4th ranked team in the country.

Just to add to this, Robert Griffith III put up some serious numbers against Kansas:

22/29 312 yards 3 TDs and 1 INT, 10 rushes 103 yards and 1 TD

On the season, he has 26 passing TDs to only 4 INTs

• 2 weeks later...

And with Indy's 11th loss today, the Bengals are officially eliminated from the Andrew Luck sweepstakes. The best the Colts can finish now is 5-11, so there's no way (outside of trading up) the Bengals can get the first pick.

Luck can't carry Daltons jock.

I think if the original question was, is Luck overrated, the answer is not only yes, but it goes so far as, how could he not be? I don't remember any college player that has been this touted as the assumed number one pick or this guaranteed as the next messiah at his position. Oh wait, yes I can...one Reginald Bush. Not only did he not come in as the number one pick that year, as the Texans took a shellacking from the media, the public, the fanbase, the pope, for taking Williams over Bush, but he has had less than the promised career everyone thought he would.

If the original question was, can Luck be successful as an NFL quarterback? Nobody knows. Right team, right defense, right scheme...he could be Dalton, he could be Tebow, he could be Leaf.

I'm just increasingly thankful for: Palmer's 'retirement' so we were forced to take our QB of the future now, Dalton's performance so we don't have to worry about it, and Peyton Manning's status from the perspective of ensuring we won't be tempted with the scenario.

Irrelevant.

A better question might ask if Luck is a better pro prospect than Matt Barkley, a guy who I believe has played his way into the TOP5 and should be the 2nd QB selected, perhaps as early as the 2nd overall pick.

Barkley can't carry Robert Griffin III's jock.

I'm not sure Luck can either.

Irrelevant.

A better question might ask if Luck is a better pro prospect than Matt Barkley, a guy who I believe has played his way into the TOP5 and should be the 2nd QB selected, perhaps as early as the 2nd overall pick.

Perhaps, but I really couldn't say. Outside of the occasional highlite I've never watched RG3 play this season.

Irrelevant.

Perhaps, but I really couldn't say. Outside of the occasional highlite I've never watched RG3 play this season.

I've watched him play in 3 games... and he impressed me more each time I watched. He's a joy to watch... and I hope he doesn't fall to Cleveland, because he's going to be a star.

I've watched him play in 3 games... and he impressed me more each time I watched. He's a joy to watch... and I hope he doesn't fall to Cleveland, because he's going to be a star.

I watched a few Baylor games last year soley due to my interest in Phil Taylor. Griffin certainly impressed, but I admit with Dalton in the fold I haven't bothered looking further.

As for Cleveland, they need everything...including a QB. But they have made progress. For example, in just a few short years they've gone from Brady Quinn, a spectacular high-school QB who can't/shouldn't start in the NFL to Colt McCoy, a spectacular college QB who can't/shouldn't start in the NFL.

Two quick points before moving on.

First, I've seen multiple sources claim Griffin lost almost 30 lbs before this season began due to better diet and improved conditioning habits, a figure that seems almost too much to believe. Can anyone confirm that?

Last, as the draft evaluation process begins to ramp up I'm struck by how often Matt Barkely is compared to Andy Dalton. Both players strengths are said to be comparable based upon their smarts, experience, demeanor, and most importantly....the ability to play immediately. And Barkely's admittedly average arm strength was also compared to Dalton's....(wait for it)...."good enough" grade.

Agree or disagree, I find it somewhat amazing to see Andy Dalton being used as a measuring stick for a prospect now projected to be drafted in the Top 10 or better.