Bengals @ Seattle Pregame Chatter

HoosierCat

But it'd be better to play to our strength rather than our weakness. Not saying that the passing game is inherantly fragile, just that the run can be succesful, less prone to error, and will eat the clock.

I heard the Seahawks had to put the 12th man on IR this week, and sent a scout out to watch TO's workout to see if he might make a good replacement. Eventually the decided that TO couldn't afford the ticket prices nor the high cost of a beer and Sushi at CenturyLink Field.

Going to be tough to run against Seattle they've been pretty stout against the run.

But apparently that's only up the middle. They are weak running toward the edges. Hopefully Scott's speed can take advantage of that and they don't try to run him up the middle all day.

Going to be tough to run against Seattle they've been pretty stout against the run.

But apparently that's only up the middle. They are weak running toward the edges. Hopefully Scott's speed can take advantage of that and they don't try to run him up the middle all day.

Sadly the Bengals weakness in the run game is on the edges, EXCEPT when they do those pitch plays that they don't run very often.

Seattle's 2 starting corners are hurt. Their replacements are a 5th rd rookie and an UDFA. I think we need to hit 'em at their weakspot. Pounding the run is doing them a favor

Maybe so but if they can get the running game going, it will help them out too pull off a victory that they wouldnt in other years.

Im excited to see Scott run, but i really want to see what Peermans got in the preseason he gives it his all and shows alot of promise. I think this is the week they should really give him a shot and see what he can prove. Not to metion give Brian some running plays as well.

If the defense is a top unit then they should be able to stop the Seahawks for most of the game, but then again we thought the same thing when they went to Denver. So i think thats what will hurt this team the travel to the west coast.

Sadly the Bengals weakness in the run game is on the edges, EXCEPT when they do those pitch plays that they don't run very often.

I completely agree. Although I've seen stats that say they are near the top of the league running behind Whitworth. Take that with a grain of salt though.

Seattle will try to mimic denver but unfortunately for them it isn't daltons first full game as a starter this time...and the defense hopefully doesn't have a relapse.

Fortunately Zimmer has gotten the big plays pretty well dialed in. They used to give one or two a game. It isn't as frequent at all. I can only think of two off the top of my head, Decker in the Denver game and Smith in the Jags game?

What I worry more about is getting nickle and dimed to death all the way down the field, giving multiple third down conversions and letting Seattle dominate the clock.

I think the Bengals should be fine. If it was me, I would fly out a day early on West Coast games to give my team an extra day to get acclimated.

Seattle will try to mimic denver but unfortunately for them it isn't daltons first full game as a starter this time...and the defense hopefully doesn't have a relapse.

Fortunately Zimmer has gotten the big plays pretty well dialed in. They used to give one or two a game. It isn't as frequent at all. I can only think of two off the top of my head, Decker in the Denver game and Smith in the Jags game?

What I worry more about is getting nickle and dimed to death all the way down the field, giving multiple third down conversions and letting Seattle dominate the clock.

I think the Bengals should be fine. If it was me, I would fly out a day early on West Coast games to give my team an extra day to get acclimated.

That sounds like a reasonable idea, but the Bears treated the London game as a normal away game and the Bucs went 3 days early. The team that looked like it was jet-lagged early was the Bucs. Go figure.

no one else sees this as a trap game at all?

I thought the Denver game was a trap game, but everyone said the Bengals were too young and that it was on the road, so it couldn't be considered a trap game. I think those same rules would imply here. If the young Bengals players can't get up for playing in what is considered the loudest stadium in the NFL, then they just won't ever get up. I am sure the practices had some noise piped in for them to get used to, but it would have been much louder in a practice bubble. :lmao:

no one else sees this as a trap game at all?

Potentially, yeah. They've proven they can win on the road, but......most Bengal teams come out of the bye week almost sleepwalking. So there's that. <_< But this team as already proven to be more focused than almost everything that came before. So, assuming there isn't any Palmer-trade hangover I'd expect more of the same from this bunch.

Marvins team coming off the bye usually are not ready to play, but i hope with the new players and new attitude around the place that it all changes.

The new CBA giving 4 days off to players during the bye week shouldn't help. I've always said that I didn't think Marvin was the 'Rah Rah!' motivating head coach type and it hurts his teams. Other are quick to point out that it is the NFL and they shouldn't need motivated to play well. If that's true then ask Ray Lewis' teammates or Drew Bees' teammates. Heck ask Andrew Whitworth about Carson Palmer's ability to be a leader and motivate.

Sorry but we're not good enough yet to have any trap games, especially going out to Seattle. It'll be a huge win regardless of how bad the Hags might be this year. It'd show that our rookie QB can win anywhere and we can exorcise another demon of playing in Seattle

We all know that Rey wont play, but sounds like Howard might not play either, and thats really not good for the defense. Wish they were going in full strength on defense i would feel much better about them. Skuta was on the injury report also, i wonder who will be the LBs on Sunday. Im not a fan of Skuta starting though!

We all know that Rey wont play, but sounds like Howard might not play either, and thats really not good for the defense. Wish they were going in full strength on defense i would feel much better about them. Skuta was on the injury report also, i wonder who will be the LBs on Sunday. Im not a fan of Skuta starting though!

I am guessing you are going to see a steady dose of Brandon Johnson, Skuta, and maybe Mooch if Thomas Howard is out. I would bet you might see some Taylor Mays playing LB in the nickel and dime packages.