Will Carson & TJ Be Successful in Oakland?

Sea Ray

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like they should have not played Carson in this game he looks bad right now

Exactly and this is why I brought up the question of whether Oakland should throw Carson into the fire right away. Sure enough there were some around here that said he'd be fine. Well, he was Kyle Boller ugly today. That was horrible. He is in no way prepared to QB that team. Which begs the question, how long will it take for him to get up to speed? I expect him to look much better after the bye week but that doesn't mean he'll be ready to win ballgames for the Raiders either.

I think teams with vertical offenses are much more difficult for QBs to "learn" than west coast like the Vikes or the Browns where you just dump the ball off 5 yds at a time. Carsion has never been known to pick up offenses quickly. This is going to be a big challenge for him

Haha yeah. I'm hoping it'll payoff later. As for this week, I thought a warm body would be better than taking a BYE slot. Looks like I was wrong.

This week in our FFL I stood with the bye guys. Then the waiver wire went wild and I picked up the Bengals defense and Nugent as a kicker.

With my record I can take a hit this week.

The NBC Sunday Night NFL guys were breaking down Palmer's pick 6. It was interesting as they noted that it was Palmer's misreading of the safety coverage that lead to the interception. Dungy basically said "Palmer's a veteran and this is not a throw a veteran should make."

Basically, they described it as a play in where Palmer should have never thrown the ball no matter how long he's been in a new system. And it looked all too familiar to last season...

The NBC Sunday Night NFL guys were breaking down Palmer's pick 6. It was interesting as they noted that it was Palmer's misreading of the safety coverage that lead to the interception. Dungy basically said "Palmer's a veteran and this is not a throw a veteran should make."

Basically, they described it as a play in where Palmer should have never thrown the ball no matter how long he's been in a new system. And it looked all too familiar to last season...

To steal a line from Led Zepplin, the song remains the same for Carson. Long on body and short on brains.

Carson coming off the couch and into an NFL was sure to produce such a result. He looked true to form. Many bad passes. Bad decisions. Almost an indifferent look about him.

I would bet he will improve but for today his performance put a smile on the mutual face of Bengaldom. Carson, you should have stayed quit.

Carson coming off the couch and into an NFL was sure to produce such a result. He looked true to form. Many bad passes. Bad decisions. Almost an indifferent look about him.

I would bet he will improve but for today his performance put a smile on the mutual face of Bengaldom. Carson, you should have stayed quit.

You think his performance will improve from "historically awful"? Careful not to set the bar too high...

Didnt see much of the game, but it sounded like he played better than Boller did. They also lost a big part of the offense when D-Mac went down. I dont think you could have expected anything different from a guy that the head coach knew wasnt ready, but was thrown in anyway because of the suckatude of one Kyle Boller.

Same ol Palmer!! Throwing int's (in the 2nd half of the game) and having the same comments after the game. I've got to get better, got to work harder. Yes I know he just started again and doesn't know their off, but he looked just like the Palmer that we saw last season!! Good luck Raiders, you're going to need it with him.

Didnt see much of the game, but it sounded like he played better than Boller did. They also lost a big part of the offense when D-Mac went down. I dont think you could have expected anything different from a guy that the head coach knew wasnt ready, but was thrown in anyway because of the suckatude of one Kyle Boller.

I know many will paint that as being the case, in re Palmer playing better than Boller, but, first, that's like saying the Pinto is a better car than a Yugo, and second, the numbers don't bear that out.

Palmer's day--3 picks, one to the house, 17-something QB rating

Boller's day--3 picks, one to the house, 20-something QB rating

bottom line--both played like crap. Even the 'winning' QB, Cassel, threw two picks and ended up with a QB rating of 38.

More than one crazy Raider apologist has been quick to point out that he's only had the playbook four days, hasn't thrown a pass in almost a year... yada yada yada.

First, not my fault. Shouldn't have quit on your team there Carson ole' buddy.

Second, I agree with those that have stated he looked in midseason form for him.

Third, I officially offer my opinion that SoP made one of the greatest, if not greatest, deals in team history. Palmer can look like Brady the rest of the year, but this game was sooooo satisfying I really would like to have a second helping of it.

I know many will paint that as being the case, in re Palmer playing better than Boller, but, first, that's like saying the Pinto is a better car than a Yugo, and second, the numbers don't bear that out.

Palmer's day--3 picks, one to the house, 17-something QB rating

Boller's day--3 picks, one to the house, 20-something QB rating

bottom line--both played like crap. Even the 'winning' QB, Cassel, threw two picks and ended up with a QB rating of 38.

More than one crazy Raider apologist has been quick to point out that he's only had the playbook four days, hasn't thrown a pass in almost a year... yada yada yada.

First, not my fault. Shouldn't have quit on your team there Carson ole' buddy.

Second, I agree with those that have stated he looked in midseason form for him.

Third, I officially offer my opinion that SoP made one of the greatest, if not greatest, deals in team history. Palmer can look like Brady the rest of the year, but this game was sooooo satisfying I really would like to have a second helping of it.

I agree with most of what your offering here, but still think that he will have some success in Oakland. He will still make those dumb throws and kill the team, but he will put up solid yardage #'s. He just isnt the elite QB he was in 2005 anymore.