Will Carson & TJ Be Successful in Oakland?

Sea Ray

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of Oakland, they now have TWO former Hiesman winning QB's on the roster. I don't think that has ever happened before.

Raiders sign Leinart to be backup QB

By JOSH DUBOW | The Associated Press

ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) Matt Leinart is back in a familiar role as Carson Palmer's backup at quarterback.

The Oakland Raiders signed Leinart to a one-year contract on Tuesday, giving them two former Heisman Trophy winners from Southern California at quarterback.

Leinart reached the deal after working out for the Raiders to show that he has fully recovered from a broken left collarbone that cut short his 2011 season. Oakland also brought in Peyton Manning's former backup, Jim Sorgi, for a tryout but decided to go with Leinart.

Leinart is the only backup on the Raiders roster who has thrown a pass in the NFL. Terrelle Pryor, who was taken last summer in the supplemental draft, played one game last season and committed a penalty his only time on the field. Rhett Bomar spent two years on the New York Giants' practice squad.

Not only that but one followed the other at the same college.

I'm not much of a fan of either, but hope for one of two things from the Raiders and Palmer this year.

Either be the worst team in the league, making our second rounder a high one, or lose the AFC Championship game, giving us another first rounder.

I'm not much of a fan of either, but hope for one of two things from the Raiders and Palmer this year.

Either be the worst team in the league, making our second rounder a high one, or lose the AFC Championship game to the Bengals, giving us another first rounder.

There I fixed it for you, it must have slipped your busy mind.

Either be the worst team in the league, making our second rounder a high one, or lose the AFC Championship game to the Bengals, giving us another first rounder.

There I fixed it for you, it must have slipped your busy mind.

Excellent redo there rbb. :sure:

• 2 months later...