#1 Defense

ShulaSteakhouse

Bengals were allowing 275.5 yards/game. They allowed 276 yards today... so they should stay #1.

I'm still pissed about that 74 yards TD pass though. They were so close to holding Jacksonville under 200 yards.

That play should have never happened. A mental lapse by the defense Leon Hall there.

Fixed. Hall better step it up.

I don't know why they kept mentioning Crocker's name as being part at fault, he was the one that tried chaising him down from the OTHER side of the field. Nelson was responsible for that half of the field not Crocker. It was some kind of zone defense, but I am not sure if the safeties were supposed to play the middle of the field or the whole half. By the way Hall reacted I am guessing he was responsible for the sides. Anything short flats was the LBers responsibility, so Hall would have been mid/deep sides.

it was on both of them hall should not have released him. crocker should not have been looking in the backfield. both player paid to much attention to others players who were cover and both let hill slip behind them. we gave them 10 points of a turnover and a mistake. but the good thing is they returned the favor with the excellent turk punt. then the snap to nobody thank you jags.

No watch the play again, Crocker came from the other side of the field...he wasn't the safety that cheated up, that was Nelson.

Bengals were allowing 275.5 yards/game. They allowed 276 yards today... so they should stay #1.

I'm still pissed about that 74 yards TD pass though. They were so close to holding Jacksonville under 200 yards.

That play should have never happened. A mental lapse by the defense Leon Hall there.

Fixed. Hall better step it up.

I don't know why they kept mentioning Crocker's name as being part at fault, he was the one that tried chaising him down from the OTHER side of the field. Nelson was responsible for that half of the field not Crocker. It was some kind of zone defense, but I am not sure if the safeties were supposed to play the middle of the field or the whole half. By the way Hall reacted I am guessing he was responsible for the sides. Anything short flats was the LBers responsibility, so Hall would have been mid/deep sides.

it was on both of them hall should not have released him. crocker should not have been looking in the backfield. both player paid to much attention to others players who were cover and both let hill slip behind them. we gave them 10 points of a turnover and a mistake. but the good thing is they returned the favor with the excellent turk punt. then the snap to nobody thank you jags.

No watch the play again, Crocker came from the other side of the field...he wasn't the safety that cheated up, that was Nelson.

you are absolutely correct sir. it was nelson may bad crocker.

Oh well I missed what the defensive call was, but regardless in a cover 2 Nelson was responsible for the deep half of his side of the field. The main thing about a cover 2 is not let a receiver to get behind you...yeah that didn't happen when Reggie bit on the underneath route and Hall let the outside guy go.

What was amazing on the play was that Crocker was able to react from the other side of the field and darn near catch the guy before he scored. He must have taken a really good angle to get there. I don't know why the receiver ran to the middle of the field instead of hugging the side lines, but that only helped give Crocker a chance to catch him.

Lap said it was Nelsons fault he had him if went deep, and Nelson was not there. So it was on Nelson and not Hall, but still should not have happened to the #1 defense LOL, oh well its over now dont let it happen again LOL.

We got the win, and that's all that matters.

Oh well I missed what the defensive call was, but regardless in a cover 2 Nelson was responsible for the deep half of his side of the field. The main thing about a cover 2 is not let a receiver to get behind you...yeah that didn't happen when Reggie bit on the underneath route and Hall let the outside guy go.

What was amazing on the play was that Crocker was able to react from the other side of the field and darn near catch the guy before he scored. He must have taken a really good angle to get there. I don't know why the receiver ran to the middle of the field instead of hugging the side lines, but that only helped give Crocker a chance to catch him.

It was almost a blessing that Crocker didn't catch him. The more time for us to go and score after that the better. Imagine if Crocker had gotten the tackle and Jacksonville had eaten another minute off the clock to get the same amount of points.

My take on the early td pass burn? It was first quarter...first series for Jacksonville even if memory serves. Old Bengals...that would have set the tone of the game and we'd been done. New Bengals...get pissed off and shut them down. While that play should not have happened, it proved the resiliency of the defense and I think proved they are not a fluke.