Bills @ Bengals Game Thread

Scottishbengal

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The greatest thing I saw were the bomb's to AJ Green. That stretching the field will help everything else. I love that he beat the Bills and ended the streak. Palmer could not beat them. It's sweet to know that we're 2-2 and the team will only get better with more experience. Is Brandon Johnson out for the season? Rivers, Johnson, Pac Man and Moch should make the defense a little better. This statement "As for Dalton - Best. Ginger. Ever." This is very difficult. Ron Howard is well established as the best Ginger ever. Little Opie Cunningham as Eddie Murphy once called him is the Hulk Hogan of Gingers and I think Dalton will have to win a playoff game to surpass him. BUT you know The Red Dragon will get that!

All I've got to add is:

Great defense and a good kicker can take a team places. If the Offense can continue to get better this team could be good next season, if they get busy extending the one year contracts they gave most of the free agent signings. Howard, Lawson, Clements and the others have been nice additions.

Not a surprising stat, but:

The Bengals offense currently ranks (in a 3 way tie) for 31st in the NFL in 3rd down conversion percentage, converting only 28% of their 3rd down attempts.

The Bengals defense, on the other hand, currently ranks 3rd in the NFL in 3rd down conversion percentage, allowing only 32% of their 3rd down attempts.

In other words... if you are a big fan of punting, go to a Bengals game.

Also... as of this moment, the Bengals have the #1 ranked defense in the NFL... allowing 275.5 yards/game.

YAY ! Props to Mike Brown and the Front Office !!!

C'mon, it'd be HIS fault if we were ranked last right???

Also... as of this moment, the Bengals have the #1 ranked defense in the NFL... allowing 275.5 yards/game.

I'm sure plenty will either downplay the level of the success, or say something about a blind squirrel. You know... that kind of s**t.

"Blame him for failure! Withhold praise for success!"

That's the Bengal fan's motto regarding Mike Brown. You know... Come to think of it, the average Bengal fan reminds me of my first wife.

I'm sure plenty will either downplay the level of the success, or say something about a blind squirrel. You know... that kind of s**t.

Well, if anyone is looking for some low-hanging fruit to throw at the front office, I would recommend this. The third paragraph just begs for a WDR-style fisking.

“We’re doing everything we can to ensure that companies get the most value from their private suites and season tickets,” said Jeff Berding, director of sales and public affairs for the Cincinnati Bengals.

Really???? You've fielded two teams with winning records in the last 20 years and you're doing everything you can to ensure suiteholders get the most value for their money? Really?

“Choosing Spotlight’s SaaS ticket management solution and providing it to our most important customers is the latest example of how the Bengals are adding value to companies’ season ticket and suite investments.

Yeah, because fielding a winning team wouldn't do crap to boost value...

By using SpotlightTMS, our corporate customers can access data that shows exactly how their suites and season tickets are used. It's a great tool because the metrics show their return on investment.”

I hope those metrics deal in negative numbers...

Well, if anyone is looking for some low-hanging fruit to throw at the front office, I would recommend this. The third paragraph just begs for a WDR-style fisking.

Right on cue Hoosier. Thanks for reinforcing my point.

Someone says something semi-complimentary about Mike Brown (using the standard that is consistently used against him) and fans rush to change the standard so they can continue to bash away.

Stay classy.

Right on cue Hoosier. Thanks for reinforcing my point.

Hey, I live only to serve.

Someone says something semi-complimentary about Mike Brown (using the standard that is consistently used against him) and fans rush to change the standard so they can continue to bash away.

Actually, I have a piece in mind for CJ on the subject of Mikey and the season so far that I might get around to tonight or tomorrow. All I'll say is that it likely wouldn't make the cut over at WDR.

Damn. Brandon Johnson is hurt?

I hadn't heard that he got hurt at all. Where are you getting this from? I don't recall the Bengals training staff even coming onto the field yesterday

Damn. Brandon Johnson is hurt?

I hadn't heard that he got hurt at all. Where are you getting this from? I don't recall the Bengals training staff even coming onto the field yesterday

I hadn't heard anything either, but a post in this thread made me ask that. Probably just misunderstood.

The official website says he has played in games 1-3 and not recorded any stats. :huh:

I thought he was better than that and would be more of a contributor. Skuta has really only contributed in one game against the 49ers. The starting linebackers are logging some serious minutes. This can't go on for too long before they get injured or just break down from the wear.

Watch the replay - that would've been a miraculous catch for Caldwell to make - terrible throw

not really - he had both hands on it. he needs to hold onto the ball.

This. Caldwell sucks.

If the pass is on target that's not an INT - period!

Man, I can't believe I'm writing this, but ShulaSteakhouse might be the only Bengalzoner who can actually see what's happening right infront of his face.

That should have been a simple pitch and catch but Dalton's throw was three steps behind Caldwell, making an easy play a contested catch/interception.

Cheeseland, Fat Old, and Hoosier are all put on notice. (Drunk or stupid?)

Wonder what Hair will have to say about Gresham this week? :-)

Plenty, if asked.

BTW, despite never posting on Sunday, and rarely on Monday, I always love reading the gameday thread just to keep tabs on which posters have written some seriously stupid s**t.

Discretion prevents me from naming names, but I'm guessing most of you would cringe if you reread this thread from start to finish.

I'm guessing most of you would cringe if you reread this thread from start to finish.

Probably. I enjoy a few hours of shameless idiocy though, it suits the energy of the game.

Agreed, especially if you were drunk or high.....as you seemed to be at the time.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. Let's face it we're Bengal fans and you've said so yourself that as a Bengal fan you've developed certain "coping mechanisms". It's not easy being a Bengal fan. We know that all too well

Let's face it we're Bengal fans and you've said so yourself that as a Bengal fan you've developed certain "coping mechanisms". It's not easy being a Bengal fan. We know that all too well

It's so true.

For example, most Bengal fans attempt to cope by staying as far away from Bengal games as they can get.

As for myself, I cope by abusing weed.

Meanwhile, every Sunday Hoosier drinks himself into a stupor and then posts his drunken ravings online. Later, after sobering up, he can't bring himself to write anything at all....spending the rest of the week posting pictures of birds.(I admit it's an improvement.)

Still others like Spor_Tees/Ballbuster whave been known to hold his breath until he sees bright colors and funny white spots. Apparently childhood habits die hard for some.

And others blind themselves by shoving their own heads up their own buttholes until they can convince themselves that Andre Caldwell was responsible for Andy Dalton's pick six against the Bills. Or they yammer on endlessly about how Jordan Shipley would have made that catch if he wasn't on crutches or on IR. But of course he is on IR, thereby making those people very very stupid.

As for you, you attempt to cope by demanding a mea culpa from a poster whose earlier criticism of a player was actually backed up by the player himself. Crazier still, you seem to think a reasonably good game from the player in question somehow changes what came before. As if you actually believed it possible to unring a bell OR unpunch a throat.

Obviously we're all just trying to make it through another Bengal day.

Let's face it we're Bengal fans and you've said so yourself that as a Bengal fan you've developed certain "coping mechanisms". It's not easy being a Bengal fan. We know that all too well

It's so true.

For example, most Bengal fans attempt to cope by staying as far away from Bengal games as they can get.

As for myself, I cope by abusing weed.

Meanwhile, every Sunday Hoosier drinks himself into a stupor and then posts his drunken ravings online. Later, after sobering up, he can't bring himself to write anything at all....spending the rest of the week posting pictures of birds.(I admit it's an improvement.)

Still others like Spor_Tees/Ballbuster whave been known to hold his breath until he sees bright colors and funny white spots. Apparently childhood habits die hard for some.

And others blind themselves by shoving their own heads up their own buttholes until they can convince themselves that Andre Caldwell was responsible for Andy Dalton's pick six against the Bills. Or they yammer on endlessly about how Jordan Shipley would have made that catch if he wasn't on crutches or on IR. But of course he is on IR, thereby making those people very very stupid.

As for you, you attempt to cope by demanding a mea culpa from a poster whose earlier criticism of a player was actually backed up by the player himself. Crazier still, you seem to think a reasonably good game from the player in question somehow changes what came before. As if you actually believed it possible to unring a bell OR unpunch a throat.

Obviously we're all just trying to make it through another Bengal day.

Hey Hair, just wanted to let you know they busted some guy in Lexington, KY today with nearly a TON of weed. You could do a whole lot a coping with that.

:cheers: