Bills @ Bengals Game Thread

Scottishbengal

On paper the Bills have this game won by a considerable margain already. Just as well it's being played on grass then!

Offensively : Passing Yards/Rushing Yards/Points per game/Touchdowns all favour Buffalo ..... BUT........

Defensively the Bengals have the edge:

Bengals allow less yards per game than Buffalo (276 against 387)

Bengals allow less passing yards per game (188 against 271)

Bengals allow less rushing yards per game (88 against 115)

Bengals allow less points per game (18 against 24)

Bengals allow less 3rd down conversions (33% against 41%)

In the 3 games played this season Buffalo are 3-0, with the opener against Kansas skewing statistics. Yep they won that one well but then won by 3points vs Raiders, and 3points vs Patriots. They could easily be 1-2 going into this game.

In the Bengals first 3 games they are 1-2 with the last two games being lost by 2points vs Denver and 5points vs San Fran. It's possible they could be 2-1 or even 3-0 going into this game.

So, it's a game of Bills O vs Bengals D and the battle of who wins 3rd down conversions.

I don't expect it'll be a sellout stadium which is a shame, a noisey Jungle could be a big factor. Overall I think this will be a closer game than a lot of folk expect and I can see a Cincinnati win here. I'll stick by my 28-24 Bengals victory :sure:

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bengals cannot stop their TE, then this game will look a lot like every other game when a TE makes big plays (Jets - Keller, Texans - Owens, Davis - SF, etc. etc.)

For whatever reason, Zimmer's schemes have a weakness in how they deal with the tight ends, either on underneath or downfield in the seam. With our CB's needing so much help, Hall is not what he was and Clements is 47, this leaves the linebackers to handle the TE's.

I also concerned about Ryan Fitzfukstik's scrambling ability. He has wheels and that makes him more dangerous when he is flushed from the pocket.

Bengals can win the game as long as they don't fall way behind.

I predict a very homer-esque Bengals victory: 24-23, on a game-winning FG as time expires. Dalton will find more balance this week, and they better have more plays for Scott.

Here i am always thinking Anthony Collins is one of the best OL on this team, and he is always inactive, maybe im wrong LOL.

They need to run the ball like 40 times today, if they stop trying to run the ball today and make Andy throw it over 30/40 times then there is no reason to watch because they will lose. So stick with the run, and use B. Scott today please!!!

inacvites per reedy:

#bengals inactives LB Moch, S Mays, S Sands, OG Hudson, TE Cochart, WR Whalen, OT Collins. McGlynn expected to start at RG for Boling

#bills inactives CB A.Williams, CB McGee, CB Wheatley, LB Waite, OG Urbik, RT Young, DT Heard

inacvites per reedy:

#bills inactives CB A.Williams, CB McGee, CB Wheatley

Looks like the Bills secondary could be a bit thin :sure:

If the Bengals cannot stop their TE, then this game will look a lot like every other game when a TE makes big plays (Jets - Keller, Texans - Owens, Davis - SF, etc. etc.)

For whatever reason, Zimmer's schemes have a weakness in how they deal with the tight ends, either on underneath or downfield in the seam. With our CB's needing so much help, Hall is not what he was and Clements is 47, this leaves the linebackers to handle the TE's.

I also concerned about Ryan Fitzfukstik's scrambling ability. He has wheels and that makes him more dangerous when he is flushed from the pocket.

Bengals can win the game as long as they don't fall way behind.

I predict a very homer-esque Bengals victory: 24-23, on a game-winning FG as time expires. Dalton will find more balance this week, and they better have more plays for Scott.

I think the Bengals' TE coverage woes have a lot to do with a lack of talent at LB and Safety - something they've really struggled with since Marvin's been here and historically (i.e. Mike Brown does not "pay" safeties well).

102307110452-beaker.jpg

Andy Dalton looks focussed !

Good pressure !!

Run da' fecking ball !!!!