49ers @ Bengals Game Thread

Scottishbengal

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone notice that the 9ers destroyed Tampa Bay 48-3 today?

I notice every game. This one too caught my attention.

The Bengals aren't that bad. If we could just come out early and establish our game would be awesome, but I understand we're a young bunch. It seems to appear they like playing from behind going into the 4th quarter.

I hate that.

Yes indeed.

Kind of puts that game in perspective a few weeks ago. And f**k all the national media class who made fun of that game. In hindsight, two really good defenses going at it.

The Bengals aren't that bad. If we could just come out early and establish our game would be awesome, but I understand we're a young bunch. It seems to appear they like playing from behind going into the 4th quarter.

I hate that.

If they could get the running game early, convert more 3rd downs, and score more TDs in the redzone, i dont think we would have to worry as much in the 4th quarter lol. I think thats asking alot though LOL.

I hate that.

If they could get the running game early, convert more 3rd downs, and score more TDs in the redzone, i dont think we would have to worry as much in the 4th quarter lol. I think thats asking alot though LOL.

And if frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their butts against the ground so much. Face it man, this team does not have the OL to be a dominate run first team. I feel the coaching staff in Cincinnati realizes this. Dalton is going to have to keep on doing what he's doing for the Bengals to remain competitive.

He's learning quickly, and that I like.

And if frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their butts against the ground so much. Face it man, this team does not have the OL to be a dominate run first team. I feel the coaching staff in Cincinnati realizes this. Dalton is going to have to keep on doing what he's doing for the Bengals to remain competitive.

He's learning quickly, and that I like.

Let's be real. Very few teams can win in the NFL by pounding it. In fact even here in Cincinnati we've experienced fumbles (Benson) while trying to run too much so running is not necessarily a safer option. It's a passing league especially with the rules set the way they are

It's a passing league especially with the rules set the way they are

While that is an inarguable fact... I think a high number of defenses are being built specifically to counter that. And that's when you see teams that are unable to stop the run. I think about Philly and Indy. They spent a ton of money on pass-rushers and DBs... and just get run on. Their DTs and LBs are faster than most... but soft, and can't tackle.

The more this becomes the trend, the more teams who are built to run the ball will find success. And don't forget about the mental aspect of it. While a good passing game can be incredibly effective... there is nothing more demoralizing to a defense than getting run on.