49ers @ Bengals Game Thread

Scottishbengal

Some positive points about this weeks match.

Firstly I've got the kick-off time right :sure: so there'll be no 3hour session in the pub followed by 3hours of whisky drinking at home BEFORE the game gets underway! :cheers:

I was off me chops before a ball was touched last week!!:frustrated:

The gayboys O Line appears to be struggling hence Frank Gore (who IS a decent RB) cannot get yardage through the middle. I expect Cincy to stiffle the 49ers running attack whilst being able to run the ball well themselves even in the absence of Mr. Benson.

The 49ers have never won at Paul Brown Stadium

Both teams struggled last week (49ers in the 2nd half) with converting 3rd downs - with homefield advantage and a positive/loud jungle I expect the Bengals to out-convert the 49ers on this point.

Injuries:-

OUT: Shipley and Moch for Cincy- Edwards and Norris for SF

PROBABLE: Mays, Green, Smith for Cincy - Crabtree, brock and Smith for SF

DOUBTFUL: Geathers and Hudson for Cincy

QUESTIONABLE: Simpson

Edwards is out and Crabtree has yet to fulfill his potential so I'm giving a big edge to the Bengals in receiving today.

Revenge for Superbowsl XVI and XXIII would be sweet but that's all in the past and a W today would certainly be a big step towards a successful season for Cincinnati against pre-season expectations.

Bengals 31 - 24 49ers

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some positive points about this weeks match.

This is American Football. It's not a match.

That's like saying... "I'm going to play wrestling." it sounds weird. :lol:

3hours of whisky drinking

What kind of whiskey? Anything good that we can't get here in the states?

I've always been curious... Is whiskey made in Scotland called "Scotch" in Scotland, or is it just whiskey? Or were you drinking Irish Whiskey (my personal favorite).

Sorry to sidetrack. I like whiskey. :cheers:

Sorry but if I'm going to be corrected on the use of English language (game instead of match) then I'll correct you as to the correctness of whisky (which is Scotch as you call it, or a dram as we call it).

WhiskEy - with the E - refers to the Irish or North American.

I've never had an Irish whiskey I'd stick to (and I'm not saying Scotch is better, just I haven't found an Irish to my taste) Jamesons, Bush Mills (green or black) etc.

There's plenty of Scotch whiskies I wouldn't wash my balls with let alone drink - Bells, Teachers, Johnnie Walker, Glenlivet, Laphroig, Ardbeg, Speyburn, Glenallachie, and the like.

But then again there are plenty which suits my palate and are pleasures to drink (I think) - Tormore, Glenfarclas, Dalmore, Longmorn, Old Pulteney, Tamdhu, Cragganmore. Personally I prefer the Speyside whiskies, or even the Highland ones. The Islay ones are very smokey/peaty and a bit abrasive for my delicate tongue!!

Sorry but if I'm going to be corrected on the use of English language (game instead of match) then I'll correct you as to the correctness of whisky (which is Scotch as you call it, or a dram as we call it).

WhiskEy - with the E - refers to the Irish or North American.

How dare you correct me! Who do you think invented the language? You're lucky we give you permission to speak American!

America! F*CK YEAH!

I've never had an Irish whiskey I'd stick to (and I'm not saying Scotch is better, just I haven't found an Irish to my taste) Jamesons, Bush Mills (green or black) etc.

The best I've ever had was a bottle of Midleton my friends bought me when I got married. But my favorite I can afford with any type of regularity is Red Breast 12 year.

I more or less feel the same way about Scotch as you do Irish Whiskey. But I admit I haven't had many single malts... and even the blended stuff I've had has mostly been pretty inexpensive stuff. But I didn't hate glenlivet like you seem to.

Next time I get over for a Bengals game I'll bring over a bottle of the goodly juice - perhaps we (Bengalszoners) could meet up at a tailgate before the game and sink a few drams!:sure:

It's an hour and 45 before kick-off, just enough time to get down the bar for a few beers. I'm now gonna have to re-visit the Irish whiskey situation and compare it to a Scotch just to settle my mind after so many years of not liking Irish whiskey. I might have to compare it against several drams just to be consistent and get a fair reading! :cheers:

It's an hour and 45 before kick-off, just enough time to get down the bar for a few beers. I'm now gonna have to re-visit the Irish whiskey situation and compare it to a Scotch just to settle my mind after so many years of not liking Irish whiskey. I might have to compare it against several drams just to be consistent and get a fair reading! :cheers:

I could party with a guy like you. ;)

Sounds like Simpson is playing, but Caldwell will start.

Im all for Simpson playing if his head is in the right place, he was never founded guilty yet, so in my mind he should play today.

Cochart is inactive so 3 TE sets yet, so sounds like Lee will be playing today.

Hope Dalton can have a big game despite everything that has been happening, continue to grow in the offense Dalton

Whiskey is fine if you're a lass. There, I said it.

Uh oh. It's on in the Isles!

Haha, nah. Like most on this bleak, bankrupt rock in the North Atlantic I'm a bit of a mongrel (including a sprinkling of chippy Scottishness), despite being a fine, upstanding and often mildly pretentious (as is my national birthright) Englishman. Just that Irish stuff tends to be sickly sweet and more akin to a child's drink. Like a nasty cheap sherry.

Prefer a decent Dalmore or Balblair. Any good honest whisky will do me. Shove the Bushmills up yer arse.

Now, stouts is the area the Irish excell at for me. A meal in a glass.

To get back on track, hope the Bengals pound the 9ers faces into the ground today. I want a win, and not some high-scoring shootout guff either. A real schooling please. Show us what you got Bengals, especially you, D.

Haha, nah. Like most on this bleak, bankrupt rock in the North Atlantic I'm a bit of a mongrel (including a sprinkling of chippy Scottishness), despite being a fine, upstanding and often mildly pretentious (as is my national birthright) Englishman. Just that Irish stuff tends to be sickly sweet and more akin to a child's drink. Like a nasty cheap sherry.

Prefer a decent Dalmore or Balblair. Any good honest whisky will do me. Shove the Bushmills up yer arse.

Back in the '80's I had a thing for Chivas Regal. Haven't really drank any since. On St. Patricks Day a few shots of Jameson's usually finds it's way into me. Other than that I stick with Kentucky Bourbons.

Yep, my FIL introduced me to Bourbon properly a few yrs ago. Nice stuff. Usually stick to the tried and trusted locally brewed ales over here in Blighty. That's an area in which the States is criminally undderated. Must have tasted dozens on your side of the pond which are just stupidly good and there are thousands out there which I have yet to even try.

Throttle down on children's drink talk. I've got a Bushmills 16 and 19 year old single malts that can stand up to nearly any palate, no matter how blunted by Newcastle or blood pudding. The 19 year old was given to me by Scott Boras, the super agent, for some work I did for his marketing group for Manrod. Those are no kids drinks, sir.

Must have tasted dozens on your side of the pond which are just stupidly good and there are thousands out there which I have yet to even try.

I hear ya Pidge. Too many good brands and too little time. Plus I fancy myself top shelf tequilas as well. The liver can only handle so much.