the simpson/collins large scale pot thing

membengal

I'll bet most of the other 7 guys, if there are 7, are mostly backups or role players. Who else has Simpson hung around with? He probably sat on the bench the last few years making drug deals to the other bench players. No wonder he never really cared much about getting on the field, he was probably making more off the field. He might even have made deals while shaking hands with players from the other teams after games. Man this guy is a douche.

Things im reading they are very high profile guys for this team, if its true they might as well forfit the season!!

Where the Pot came from is where Rey grew up, and sounds like he is one of the 7 guys, if thats true well i guess that kind of makes some sense.

Wow this is crazy

Where are you getting a list of names? I haven't heard any names yet.

Yep probably shouldnt have said names on here, somebody on bengals.com forum said he had some kind of inside info, and those are the names he gave. I put them on here because i couldnt believe what he said, now like hoosier said its just a rumor nothing true yet, but if so and these are the names, that is just bad!!! Like i said nothing is set in stone, but those were the names this guy said, and it kind of just threw me off, so thought i would put it on here and see if anybody is hereing this also!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Rucker, Rey, and Shirley are all from California. Too be quite honest with you, I have seen it a couple times including a quote from Randy Moss, marijuana use by professional athletes is extremely prevalent. Athletes know how to beat the drug tests for it and price is no object. Being professional athletes they are going to want the highest quality stuff and this could have been how they were getting it. Does it really surprise me? Not really, it doesn't matter about how much they are making, they like to get high and that's what they do. Look at what Ricky Williams gave up.

Well Rucker, Rey, and Shirley are all from California. Too be quite honest with you, I have seen it a couple times including a quote from Randy Moss, marijuana use by professional athletes is extremely prevalent. Athletes know how to beat the drug tests for it and price is no object. Being professional athletes they are going to want the highest quality stuff and this could have been how they were getting it. Does it really surprise me? Not really, it doesn't matter about how much they are making, they like to get high and that's what they do. Look at what Ricky Williams gave up.

Yea this wouldnt suprise me either, but i wonder though what would happen with this team. Man i thought it was bad before, yikes this could get really bad.

Then they all must have been really stoned when the decision was made to UPS pounds of the stuff to Jerome Simpson at his house. To think that the dearly departed J Joe might be a pothead conspirator should go down well in Houston.

Then they all must have been really stoned when the decision was made to UPS pounds of the stuff to Jerome Simpson at his house. To think that the dearly departed J Joe might be a pothead conspirator should go down well in Houston.

Well if this has been going on for years, then it must not have been too bad of an idea. Funny thing is, the only reason they were caught was because where it was being mailed from threw up a red flag! That sure doesn't say much for the US Postal System.

It just amazes me that this is what the team looks like now that i grew up loving!

Just think our kids are supposed to grow watching these guys because they are idols....yea right!!

All this talk just makes me disgusted by this team right now, if this is true its bad enough with just Simpson but if its true with 7 other guys, then that pretty much makes me sick to my stomach.

It just amazes me that this is what the team looks like now that i grew up loving!

Just think our kids are supposed to grow watching these guys because they are idols....yea right!!

All this talk just makes me disgusted by this team right now, if this is true its bad enough with just Simpson but if its true with 7 other guys, then that pretty much makes me sick to my stomach.

I'm no druggie, but it's just pot. I'll take that over drunk driving 10 days a week. Or slapping baby-mama around. Or raping a girl in a bathroom (or a Harrah's hotel room).

For what it's worth, the team you grew up loving has done, or was accused of, worse (depending on how old you are). Stanley Wilson coked out on the eve of the Super Bowl. A bunch of players were accused of gang rape, which is a lot more serious than this. I could go on but other teams have done the same, so it's not worth the effort.

It doesn't really bug me that they smoke weed. The issue is 1) with the idiots doing it during the year, when (I believe) they test more often, and 2) Simpson being dumb enough to (apparently) be a mail-order dealer.

Spare me the moral outrage.

Everyone wants to think the players they cheer for are good guys... I guess just because it makes them easier to cheer for. But these guys aren't our friends. And given the right circumstances, they'll go from heroes to villains within the blink of an eye (see Chad and Palmer).

The fact is, we cheer for these guys because of the color of their uniforms. Every team has thugs and every team has nice guys... but it's simply not relevant. They aren't our friends. They don't hang out with us. They have no effect on our actual lives.

Most people don't really care about what Simpson did nearly as much as they care that he might get suspended. In other words... Simpson can do whatever he wants, as long as it doesn't negatively effect my entertainment level on Sundays.

So to sum up... the only reason you care is selfish, so drop the self-righteous attitude.

Spare me the moral outrage.

Everyone wants to think the players they cheer for are good guys... I guess just because it makes them easier to cheer for. But these guys aren't our friends. And given the right circumstances, they'll go from heroes to villains within the blink of an eye (see Chad and Palmer).

The fact is, we cheer for these guys because of the color of their uniforms. Every team has thugs and every team has nice guys... but it's simply not relevant. They aren't our friends. They don't hang out with us. They have no effect on our actual lives.

Most people don't really care about what Simpson did nearly as much as they care that he might get suspended. In other words... Simpson can do whatever he wants, as long as it doesn't negatively effect my entertainment level on Sundays.

So to sum up... the only reason you care is selfish, so drop the self-righteous attitude.

I respectfully disagree. I would view it more like Santa Claus or a perfect woman. Believing that the NFL players we root for are also good people is something that we hope for and want to believe in, because of coarse they are the guys WE chose to root for and because WE chose to root for them it is a reflection of us. What's the reaction you get when you tell someone you are a Bengals fan right now? They probably laugh at you and make some kind of joke about pot. It gets old doesn't it?

So like Santa Claus or a perfect woman, they may not exist but we still keeping on hoping as a child for Santa Claus and as an man for a perfect woman to be real.

Per Reedy:

In light of one site picking up tweets and trying to interpret, I will be not addressing rumor ?s about the Simpson case on here anymore.

I've tried to say throughout the process there are many rumors (many proven false already) and to let the process carry itself out.

Yeah PFT keeps quoting Reedy which I bet he is not happy with.

What's the reaction you get when you tell someone you are a Bengals fan right now? They probably laugh at you and make some kind of joke about pot. It gets old doesn't it?

Not really. As an example... if it's a Steeler fan, I simply say, "Well, not every team can maintain the moral highground of Pittsburgh with a rapist QB, a drunk driving WR, and a LB who openly claims to enjoy injuring others."

The only reason to be embarrassed about being a Bengal fan is that the Bengals suck. Everything else is a dichotomy that every fan experiences in one way or another. Because I'm betting that the majority of NFL athletes are not people I would enjoy being friends with... but I still enjoy the entertainment they provide.

If a member of your favorite band, or your favorite movie director gets arrested, it doesn't change your ability to enjoy the entertainment they have provided to you. But with football, if a player gets arrested, they have taken their entertainment product away from you. And that is why there is outrage. We're not interested anthem as people. We're interested in the services they provide.

Well... That, and because it's fun to feel like we're better than other people.

I'm no druggie, but it's just pot. I'll take that over drunk driving 10 days a week. Or slapping baby-mama around. Or raping a girl in a bathroom (or a Harrah's hotel room).

For what it's worth, the team you grew up loving has done, or was accused of, worse (depending on how old you are). Stanley Wilson coked out on the eve of the Super Bowl. A bunch of players were accused of gang rape, which is a lot more serious than this. I could go on but other teams have done the same, so it's not worth the effort.

It doesn't really bug me that they smoke weed. The issue is 1) with the idiots doing it during the year, when (I believe) they test more often, and 2) Simpson being dumb enough to (apparently) be a mail-order dealer.

Yea i guess your right, sometimes i let the stupid things bother me, i have to remember its a game with players i dont know. Yea i remember the Stanley Wilson crap, i did just about forget it till you brought it up though LOL.

Trust me it dosnt bother me they smoked weed either, i was young once also :blush: However it just makes me mad that they may lose a player who i thought finally got it!!

Personally I will never watch a Roman Polanski movie because he is a baby rapist. But that's just me.

Fair enough, but I'm still not sure how his demons effect his product or your ability to enjoy it.

More importantly... we're not talking about a baby rapist here. So, apples to apples... if Guy Ritchie gets arrested for having large quantities of weed in his house, I would 1) not be surprised, and 2) still think Snatch is one of my favorite movies.

In other words... Whatever Andy Dalton does in private... whether he smokes weed, kicks his neighbor's dog, or sits down to pee, I'm not sure what impact that has on my ability to enjoy watching him throw a pass (assuming that what he does in private doesn't keep him off the field).

I am not enamored with Whalen or Hawkins coming in to the depleted (now) WR crew. I suppose Brandon Tate can stretch the field but is he reliable?

Is there anyone out there we can grab and get some productivity out of? Quan?

Whalen will be taking over the slot, and Caldwell will be outside. Im excited to see Whalen, i think he is going to be big in the slot fot this team, he does have great hands.

Did they say yet that Simpson was not playing, they said he still could play so im curious whats going to happen.

Quan is now playing with the broncos.

Whalen is 6'1" 202 pounds and ran a 4.53 Forty at the combine. 38 1/2 " vertical leap and 4.09 20 yard shuttle at the combine. Whalen at one point was ranked as high as #15 out of 292 WRs. Most sites point out his good route running, intelligence, and great knowledge of the West Coast Offense.

He could be a hidden gem, who knows and the only way to find out is when he gets a chance to play.

Whalen is 6'1" 202 pounds and ran a 4.53 Forty at the combine. 38 1/2 " vertical leap and 4.09 20 yard shuttle at the combine. Whalen at one point was ranked as high as #15 out of 292 WRs. Most sites point out his good route running, intelligence, and great knowledge of the West Coast Offense.

He could be a hidden gem, who knows and the only way to find out is when he gets a chance to play.

I hear ya. Just hard to stomach another raw component. So many unknown quantities. I suppose he could end up being our guy but goddam this stuff is irritiating. NADS!

Looks like Simpson will play today.. this whole thing is just weird.

I'm sure some of you guys saw the guys on ESPN that said doctors expressed concern with the Bengals pushing Jerome Simpson away to soon, so they are playing him. Who cares about his psyche, he should have thought about that before he decided to be Freeway Ricky Ross. I want to see how this plays out today because clearly Simpson will not be here next year so we should be playing Whalen as much as possible to get him on the same page as Dalton.