the simpson/collins large scale pot thing

membengal

It's odd, but I heard some of Simpson's customers...clients?...patrons?...called him, well, 7/11????

Right, but it's very easy to tell them apart.

After all, Jerome Simpson is a tall black man normally seen wearing a football uniform. The poster known as 7/11 is a ball cap wearing white guy who has a finger permanently stuck to his lower lip.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's odd, but I heard some of Simpson's customers...clients?...patrons?...called him, well, 7/11????

Right, but it's very easy to tell them apart.

After all, Jerome Simpson is a tall black man normally seen wearing a football uniform. The poster known as 7/11 is a ball cap wearing white guy who has a finger permanently stuck to his lower lip.

it's not permanent, you know.

the white skin, i mean..

Spor_tees

Honestly I don't think it is going to make all that big of a difference unless he was supplying half the team with weed and they all go down too. This does open up the chances for them to draft Mah Man Michael Floyd in next years draft. The guy is a beast and would be awesome opposite Green.

Yeah let's replace a weed head with a drunk, great idea. Floyd needs some good veteren presence on whatever team he goes to and the Bengals are way to young to provide that for him. Floyd would seriously have to come with an ankle bracelet for us to even consider drafting him.

Floyd took some pretty big steps coming back this year and he has some tough conditions to live by. As a senior, he is even living in the freshman dorms. Not athletes dorms, the incoming new freshman dorms.

He should have taken big steps to get back it was his third time, how many games did he miss for his third incidence? That scoundrel Brian Kelly was going to bring him back as long as he did not have anything come out public again, Floyd gives him his best chance to win this year. ESPN Radio host was laughing at that BS Kelly was kicking about the situation when it first went down, if he would have been a reserve player without the talent he would be playing at UC right now after three incidents. I hope the best for Floyd but just not on our team, to many of these guys have came back to bite us in the ass.

Are you serious? You act like he is some kind of thug or drug offender. His first two offenses were for underage drinking. He is a college student, I was a college student at Ohio State, several of you guys were college students, how many of us drank while underage in college? More than likely A LOT. So he got caught, President Bush's daughters got caught, and that was with Secret Service following them around.

Now the DUI, that's bad, and that has become a wake-up call for Floyd.

I never did any underage drinking in college, the legal age was 18 back then. I had friends that were just a couple years younger get screwed when the law changed to 21 and I was grandfathered into the legal age. Now I did do some underage drinking before turning 18 and I really dont hold that against anybody, but DUI's are a different story.

Carson anyone? He lives in Cali too ya know.

haha, maybe he did? after all, the package was intercepted.

(sorry)

...hopefully we can keep simpson active as long as possible, or it's gonna be a long season for AJ. ultimately, the guy is a bum, on and off the field, so i don't have a problem with him bein dismissed. as we stand now, though, we need him to take some coverage off AJ and co.

That joke's all over facebook today! :lol:

I hate to bring it up because I thought we were beyond this but there is another wasted top 50 draft pick. I really wish they would quit trying to find these freakishly-gifted athletes (Jerome Simpson, Michael Johnson, Stacy Andrews, Ahmad Brooks to name a few) and get some real players that can start now. What's the point of drafting a Simpson if he can't get on the field and you could have had a smaller, maybe-not-as-much-upside-according-to-your-personnel-department guy in DeSean Jackson?

The problem is that they get cycled out or replaced before they ever reach their supposed potential. How many 1st, 2nd or 3rd rounders that we've drafted in Marvin's tenure are even on this roster?

So park your coaching egos at the door and quit trying to think you can coach guys up and draft guys that are NFL-ready from the start. They did it with Dalton, Green and Shipley but they've missed at the top too many other times. When you combine that with injuries (Andre Smith, Pollack), holdouts (Rivers, A. Smith) and stupid/unlucky s**t (Odell and Henry) you will always be a mid to lower level team with no sustainability.

I hate to bring it up because I thought we were beyond this but there is another wasted top 50 draft pick. I really wish they would quit trying to find these freakishly-gifted athletes (Jerome Simpson, Michael Johnson, Stacy Andrews, Ahmad Brooks to name a few) and get some real players that can start now. What's the point of drafting a Simpson if he can't get on the field and you could have had a smaller, maybe-not-as-much-upside-according-to-your-personnel-department guy in DeSean Jackson?

Are you suggesting Michael Johnson is a wasted/busted pick? Freaky Michael Johnson has been a beast . . .

Back to topic, this whole situation smells funny. Why would the cops leave him there? Why no arrests? Why did Jerome let them in the house if he knew what they would find? Why would Jerome stay in KY if he knew they were coming back the next day with the Federal Government? I don't know much about law enforcement when it comes to narcotics, but this all seems so bizarre.

I think Bubba Caldwell will shine on Sunday if Simpson is out, though. When will we get official word if he's inactive?

Are you suggesting Michael Johnson is a wasted/busted pick? Freaky Michael Johnson has been a beast . . .

Back to topic, this whole situation smells funny. Why would the cops leave him there? Why no arrests? Why did Jerome let them in the house if he knew what they would find? Why would Jerome stay in KY if he knew they were coming back the next day with the Federal Government? I don't know much about law enforcement when it comes to narcotics, but this all seems so bizarre.

I think Bubba Caldwell will shine on Sunday if Simpson is out, though. When will we get official word if he's inactive?

Maybe Caldwell wanted the starting job and made a little phone call to DEA....

The problem is that they get cycled out or replaced before they ever reach their supposed potential. How many 1st, 2nd or 3rd rounders that we've drafted in Marvin's tenure are even on this roster?

So park your coaching egos at the door and quit trying to think you can coach guys up and draft guys that are NFL-ready from the start. They did it with Dalton, Green and Shipley but they've missed at the top too many other times. When you combine that with injuries (Andre Smith, Pollack), holdouts (Rivers, A. Smith) and stupid/unlucky s**t (Odell and Henry) you will always be a mid to lower level team with no sustainability.

I get what you're saying, but don't totally agree with it. Moreover, I think it comes from the basic human desire to try to learn something from these kind of ridiculous situations. That said, each of these guys (and others you haven't mentioned) is better or worse based on factors that are largely individual. Examples of both go each way. As for Simpson, what exactly is the lesson here? Whether he was over-drafted or not, to my knowledge there was absolutely nothing in his dossier that would have suggested he'd go all Bam Morris, no DUIs, drug rumors, nothing.

...hopefully we can keep simpson active as long as possible, or it's gonna be a long season for AJ. ultimately, the guy is a bum, on and off the field, so i don't have a problem with him bein dismissed. as we stand now, though, we need him to take some coverage off AJ and co.

Yup. As good as AJ has looked, like Dalton, he's a work in progress. If opposing defenses start rolling more coverage his direction AJ may struggle....especially if Caldwell struggles too. And there's the rub because two days ago I liked Caldwell for the slot. And by that I mean I really liked him for the slot. (More than Shipley.) Now I'm looking outside again. And things only get more complicated when Benson sits. Young and still unproven players like Dalton, Green, Scott, Peerman, Caldwell, and Gresham <_< wake up today with even more on their plate.

Worst of all, maybe, I think Gresham might be the key. (Release the hound?)

I counted only two snaps where Gresham didn't play against the Browns and I read where he missed only one snap against the Broncos. So despite his qustionable production he's very heavily involved in everything the Bengals are attempting to do. Or perhaps more importantly, everything they're not trying to do...if the high number of two-TE sets and low number of WR heavy packages run so far is proof of anything.

No more baby steps. Gresham has to step up as a reciever. And Donald Lee has to step into the role Gresham can't fill.

Yup. As good as AJ has looked, like Dalton, he's a work in progress. If opposing defenses start rolling more coverage his direction AJ may struggle....especially if Caldwell struggles too. And there's the rub because two days ago I liked Caldwell for the slot. And by that I mean I really liked him for the slot. (More than Shipley.) Now I'm looking outside again. And things only get more complicated when Benson sits. Young and still unproven players like Dalton, Green, Scott, Peerman, Caldwell, and Gresham <_< wake up today with even more on their plate.

Worst of all, maybe, I think Gresham might be the key. (Release the hound?)

I counted only two snaps where Gresham didn't play against the Browns and I read where he missed only one snap against the Broncos. So despite his qustionable production he's very heavily involved in everything the Bengals are attempting to do. Or perhaps more importantly, everything they're not trying to do...if the high number of two-TE sets and low number of WR heavy packages run so far is proof of anything.

No more baby steps. Gresham has to step up as a reciever. And Donald Lee has to step into the role Gresham can't fill.

It would nice if they did more quick pitch runs like a few they did against the Broncos for success. The quick pitch will make it so Gresham doesn't have to hold his block so long and it gets the runner past Livings who inevitably ends up 2 yards deep in the backfield.

Anthony Collins' statement, released by his attorney.

STATEMENT OF ANTHONY COLLINS

This past Tuesday morning I stopped by the house of my teammate, Jerome Simpson, on my way to the stadium. While I was at his home, several law enforcement officers unexpectedly entered the house. I had no idea what it was about and after identifying myself and speaking to the officers, they let me go on my way.

Unfortunately I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. However, I do want to take this opportunity to let my fans, friends and family know that I had no part in the reported activities at Jerome’s home. I have done nothing wrong and I have not been charged with doing anything wrong. So far as I know, I am no longer a part of any investigation.

In due time, I am confident that authorities will clear my name and announce I am not a person of interest and my name will be completely cleared from Tuesday’s incident. In the meantime, my focus will continue to be on playing football and helping my teammates, coaches and the rest of the Cincinnati Bengals organization have a successful 2011 season.

Anthony Collins' statement, released by his attorney.

STATEMENT OF ANTHONY COLLINS

This past Tuesday morning I stopped by the house of my teammate, Jerome Simpson, on my way to the stadium. While I was at his home, several law enforcement officers unexpectedly entered the house. I had no idea what it was about and after identifying myself and speaking to the officers, they let me go on my way.

Unfortunately I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. However, I do want to take this opportunity to let my fans, friends and family know that I had no part in the reported activities at Jerome’s home. I have done nothing wrong and I have not been charged with doing anything wrong. So far as I know, I am no longer a part of any investigation.

In due time, I am confident that authorities will clear my name and announce I am not a person of interest and my name will be completely cleared from Tuesday’s incident. In the meantime, my focus will continue to be on playing football and helping my teammates, coaches and the rest of the Cincinnati Bengals organization have a successful 2011 season.

In summary: "Man, I didn't do nothin!"

Jerome should have tried the Jedi Mind Trick: "This is not the weed you're looking for . . . "

I get what you're saying, but don't totally agree with it. Moreover, I think it comes from the basic human desire to try to learn something from these kind of ridiculous situations. That said, each of these guys (and others you haven't mentioned) is better or worse based on factors that are largely individual. Examples of both go each way. As for Simpson, what exactly is the lesson here? Whether he was over-drafted or not, to my knowledge there was absolutely nothing in his dossier that would have suggested he'd go all Bam Morris, no DUIs, drug rumors, nothing.

It's more my frustration about his current situation and that we took him to begin with which are unrelated as you point out. I am also disappointed in the continued "upside" thing that this team is based on. How does a guy like Shipley come in and start ahead of Caldwell and Simpson last year? But I am straying off course again.

I guess the bright side is that up until Week 15 of last year, he really didn't contribute much. Hopefully he will not be missed if and when he is suspended.

I will be interested to see if he plays and how the fans react if he does play.

How many 1st, 2nd or 3rd rounders that we've drafted in Marvin's tenure are even on this roster?

To answer my own question, please see the following. The first five drafts yield a total of six players still on the roster, only three of which were taken in the top 100 picks of that particular draft. The good thing is the last four drafts have quite a few players still on the team but there aren't many game changers there.

none

4-Robert Geathers

7-J. Fanene

2-Whitworth

3-Rucker

4-Peko

1-Leon Hall

1-Rivers (IR)

2-Simpson

3-Pat Sims

3-Caldwell

4-Collins

5-Shirley

1-A. Smith

2-Maualuga

3-M. Johnson

3-Coffman (PS)

5-Huber

6-Trent

6-B. Scott

1-Gresham

2-Dunlap

3-Shipley (IR)

3-Ghee (PS)

4-Adkins

4-Muckelroy (IR)

5-Hudson

1-Green

2-Dalton

3-Moch (IR)

4-Boling

5-Sands

6-Whalen

Still confused here no arrests yet of Simpson??? Did the police just kick in the door, did they have a warrent in hand??? Simpson just let them come in without a warrent even though he knew there was 6 pounds of pot in there?? Something really dosnt sound right here! Who the heck is this chick that signed for the package??? I dont know things still dont seem right, i can understand why there have not been an arrest yet, or why Jerome is helping the poilce if he is being accused of this, or why did he leave the police check his place without a warrent, if there was that much pot. So many questions, not enough answers here if you ask me.

Still confused here no arrests yet of Simpson??? Did the police just kick in the door, did they have a warrent in hand??? Simpson just let them come in without a warrent even though he knew there was 6 pounds of pot in there?? Something really dosnt sound right here! Who the heck is this chick that signed for the package??? I dont know things still dont seem right, i can understand why there have not been an arrest yet, or why Jerome is helping the poilce if he is being accused of this, or why did he leave the police check his place without a warrent, if there was that much pot. So many questions, not enough answers here if you ask me.

Something does seem weird about this deal. I seen people arrested for a doobie in their pocket, yet the cops in this case find bulk quantity, and nobody ends up in handcuffs!?!

Something does seem weird about this deal. I seen people arrested for a doobie in their pocket, yet the cops in this case find bulk quantity, and nobody ends up in handcuffs!?!

Of course im not going to say its not true hell they found all this pot in his house. I do wonder though where did they find it under this girls bed, or in her room?? Was this Simpsons Girlfriend or wife?? Maybe it wasnt Simpson who was doing this maybe it was her, but i find it real hard that he had no idea what was going on. Wasnt there a couple of guys living there too, on being his brother, i wonder if he had something to do with this.

Not that he didnt have anything to do with this, but it sure is taking them along time to arrest anybody! Whats Simpson doing now just sitting around the house waiting for something to happen!! Like i said until he is arrested alot of things dont make sense here, alot of statements, but not alot of doing. Hell its been since Tuesday that this has happened, you figure by now somebody would be in jail or something.

How many 1st, 2nd or 3rd rounders that we've drafted in Marvin's tenure are even on this roster?

To answer my own question, please see the following. The first five drafts yield a total of six players still on the roster, only three of which were taken in the top 100 picks of that particular draft. The good thing is the last four drafts have quite a few players still on the team but there aren't many game changers there.

none

4-Robert Geathers

7-J. Fanene

2-Whitworth

3-Rucker

4-Peko

1-Leon Hall

1-Rivers (IR)

2-Simpson

3-Pat Sims

3-Caldwell

4-Collins

5-Shirley

1-A. Smith

2-Maualuga

3-M. Johnson

3-Coffman (PS)

5-Huber

6-Trent

6-B. Scott

1-Gresham

2-Dunlap

3-Shipley (IR)

3-Ghee (PS)

4-Adkins

4-Muckelroy (IR)

5-Hudson

1-Green

2-Dalton

3-Moch (IR)

4-Boling

5-Sands

6-Whalen

Moch is not on IR, in fact i think he is practing now. I think he will be ready after the bye or before that.

DaleAltman dale altman

@joereedy Any truth to the rumors about 7 other players being involved with this drug investigation?

2 hours ago

@joereedy

Joe Reedy

@DaleAltman There's a lot of rumors right now, that is one of them

2 hours ago via web

Some days I just f*cking hate this team...

DaleAltman dale altman

@joereedy Any truth to the rumors about 7 other players being involved with this drug investigation?

2 hours ago

@joereedy

Joe Reedy

@DaleAltman There's a lot of rumors right now, that is one of them

2 hours ago via web

Some days I just f*cking hate this team...

Yep i agree this is begining to get harder and harder to be a fan of this crap. We stick by them through so much, but really maybe 7 other players are you kidding me!!!

The bengals are just getting ripped out there in the media its crazy, i cant even listen to this crap anymore. On ESPN somebody asked the question

Q: Why is Jerome Simpson not in jail

A: They figured playing for the bengals was a harsh enough sentence

Something like that, but damn they are just killing this team. Sometimes you can only take so much anymore.

Ok i was just reading about the rumor, and there alot of good bengals players on that list. Including, Benson, Dunlap, Rey, B. Johnson, Pacman, Reggie Nelson, along with former players, Odom,JJ,Tank, there are a couple other former players just cant remember everyone. Thats what i was just reading now its still a Rumor, but not sounding too good! Sounds like the bengals might as well just lose there team. Not good if true

I'll bet most of the other 7 guys, if there are 7, are mostly backups or role players. Who else has Simpson hung around with? He probably sat on the bench the last few years making drug deals to the other bench players. No wonder he never really cared much about getting on the field, he was probably making more off the field. He might even have made deals while shaking hands with players from the other teams after games. Man this guy is a douche.

I'll bet most of the other 7 guys, if there are 7, are mostly backups or role players. Who else has Simpson hung around with? He probably sat on the bench the last few years making drug deals to the other bench players. No wonder he never really cared much about getting on the field, he was probably making more off the field. He might even have made deals while shaking hands with players from the other teams after games. Man this guy is a douche.

Things im reading they are very high profile guys for this team, if its true they might as well forfit the season!!

Where the Pot came from is where Rey grew up, and sounds like he is one of the 7 guys, if thats true well i guess that kind of makes some sense.

Wow this is crazy

Things im reading they are very high profile guys for this team, if its true they might as well forfit the season!!

Where the Pot came from is where Rey grew up, and sounds like he is one of the 7 guys, if thats true well i guess that kind of makes some sense.

Wow this is crazy

Where are you getting a list of names? I haven't heard any names yet.

Wow this is crazy

Remember it's all just rumor, and the source appears to be the Brian Patteronia guy who started the whodeyjungle board after getting kicked off the official boards. His original source was his sister who I believe is no longer employed by the team, or got moved to another position, I'm not sure. Long story short he's a very questionable source. And frankly the list of players seems way too high profile to be true. That said, I'm still not expecting anything good to come out of this whole mess.

Sportees, the Patteronia stuff has been reposted on bengals.com's boards. His allegation:

I told you earlier that Jerome was just someone who came into this as of the past year and others are involved on the team. The group of current players who have an arrangement set up where high quality pot is transported into Ohio and Kentucky and distributed to them are, according to sources who claim to have personal knowledge are...Benson, Dunlap, Rucker, B Johnson, Maualuga, Pacman, and Nelson. These men all became a part through previous team mates at different points in time..JJ, Odom, Tank, Chris Henry, and Shirley.

This info has been touched on, although very lightly by others in the past, but this will shed some light on who is and was bring in and receiving the pot. This info and the names involved are not put up lightly. I have talked to different people in different arenas who all give the same names for the with exception of one here or there. I will share more as soon as I get it.