the simpson/collins large scale pot thing

membengal

This is definitely an odd one. I mean he'd have to be legally retarded to be an NFL player and just have pot mailed to his house. HOPEFULLY there is a loophole to this story.

Yeah the loophole is, from the sound of the story, he was running a free enterprise mail order headshop out of his apartment. In addition to his 2 and a half pounds that came in the mail, he had 6 more pounds, mailing materials, and smoking paraphernalia. If they can somehow link him to some transactions through the mail do you have an idea how many years of federal time he is going to get? A LOT.

Jamal Lewis was only convicted of being on tape over the phone talking about buying a large quantity of cocaine and got a year that ended up getting reduced.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys - thats a s**tload of pot - if its determined to be theirs they are f**ked - federal sentencing guidelines dont allow for leeway in sentencing - its just about plugging them into the formula - this aint recreational use

Unless they legalize it and make it retroactive to yesterday, these guys are both f**ked. First of all, it is definitely a federal case. And all these retards we send to congress love being tough on drugs, so they'll get significant time. Second, Mike Brown won't like this at all. He puts up with a lot of s**t from sketchy players, large scale drug dealing seems like it might be over the line, even for Mike.

I can see Mike letting them play while they are out on bond the rest of the season, then cutting them both.

Guys - thats a s**tload of pot - if its determined to be theirs they are f**ked - federal sentencing guidelines dont allow for leeway in sentencing - its just about plugging them into the formula - this aint recreational use

This isn't going to be considered a large scale thing. I'm guessing the Feds will be more interested in what's going on in California. Simpson is small time... and might be able to work a deal if he throws his supplier under the bus.

Marijuana laws are enforced by State and Federal governments.

The States usually prosecute most marijuana offenses. However, the Federal government will often opt to prosecute when acts involved Federal property (i.e. U.S. Forests), large quantities (over 50 plants or 50 kilos), the crossing of national borders, and where the investigation was conducted by Federal agents. Over 100 plants is mandatory 5 year sentence!

The above was taken from some PBS website. I can't tell if the feds will want to prosecute this or not. It certainly involves interstate commerce, so they can have it if they want. I found the guidelines. The federal sentencing guidelines call for the following:

1-2.4 kilos = 6-12 months

2.5-4.9 kilos = 10-16 months

Looks like if he had 8 lbs, which is about 3.6 kilograms, he'd be looking at about 10-16 months if the feds decided to take it. I don't know who the United States Attorney is in northern Kentucky. If he likes high profile cases, he could take it for that reason.

This isn't going to be considered a large scale thing. I'm guessing the Feds will be more interested in what's going on in California. Simpson is small time... and might be able to work a deal if he throws his supplier under the bus.

The feds already know what's going on in Cali (google "emerald triangle"). Weed is big business out west now. I'm really not sure there's anything that Simpson/Collins/the girl can tell them that they don't already know...except who they've been selling to.

And that's what concerns me: was he/they supplying any more Bengals players? And are they trying to get him to throw them under the bus?

The feds already know what's going on in Cali (google "emerald triangle"). Weed is big business out west now. I'm really not sure there's anything that Simpson/Collins/the girl can tell them that they don't already know...except who they've been selling to.

And that's what concerns me: was he/they supplying any more Bengals players? And are they trying to get him to throw them under the bus?

Maybe Simpson has a license to sell medical marijuana....

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Is this what Simpson meant when he said he was really getting into the west coast offense?

/poorly timed drunken rimshot/

Dude you are drunk at 10:30 in the morning? Are you Irish? Or Scottish? South African doesn't seem to fit this sterotype.

Marvin kept bragging about how high Simpson could get catching passes, he just didn't want to disappoint the coach.

So, the more important question....what are the Bengals going to do at WR once all this hits?

Let's try to keep him eligible until the end of the year and address it then.

We also have to really root for good health with our starting OTs. We're pretty well screwed if any of them go down and Collins isn't available

So, the more important question....what are the Bengals going to do at WR once all this hits?

They are going to line up in the wishbone formation with AJ Green as the single WR, and the run the 2 yards a punt offense the rest of the year.

Honestly I don't think it is going to make all that big of a difference unless he was supplying half the team with weed and they all go down too. This does open up the chances for them to draft Mah Man Michael Floyd in next years draft. The guy is a beast and would be awesome opposite Green.

Let's try to keep him eligible until the end of the year and address it then.

We also have to really root for good health with our starting OTs. We're pretty well screwed if any of them go down and Collins isn't available

Personally I think Rolland and Collins are interchangeable. Besides once Collins is off the weed and no longer has the munchies he might drop some weight. Did you know Rolland is one of the tallest players in the entire NFL?

Guys - thats a s**tload of pot

This.

I've smoked herb for over three decades now and in that entire time the most I've ever had at any one time was one stinking oh-zee. Simply put, I am not now, nor have I ever been, a playa. In fact, to have more than eight pounds of the stuff under any circumstance simply boggles my mind. (Joke setup.)

Obviously I have mixed feelings about this. I consider pot to be harmless if used in moderation, and I use it for both recreational and medicinal purposes. That said, my use is legal. I've even purchased the stuff while standing next to a uniformed active duty sheriff.

This is different.

Put me in the camp with Hoosier, I guess, because my immediate reaction to the story when I read about it roughly five minutes ago was to wonder if Simpson wasn't supplying his teammates with delicous but wickedly expensive sticky icky from my beloved California.

Dude you are drunk at 10:30 in the morning?

Dude no. The drummer I pay to sit in the corner of my office and deliver rim shots to my weak jokes on Bengalszone is drunk. Right now he's talking about what a great person his dearly departed mother was. I just let him go on and on.

Alright chuckleheads...allow me to shed a little light on a couple of points. First, the feds don't want this case. I know of a case where a couple of guys got 40 pounds UPS'ed to them from Texas. Feds didn't take it. Besides, are you all forgetting Corie Blount's case from a couple of years ago where he was shipped 11 pounds and another 18 pounds was found at his house? Feds didn't want it either. He only did a year in state pen.

Second, no government law enforcement agency to my knowledge has EVER tried to pinch a marijuana DISTRIBUTOR (if that is what we want to call Cheech and Chong here)to get to the minor misdemeanor bag-o'doobies BUYERS.

So, while this little episode is certainly another unwelcomed black-eye on our team, until they are actually indicted, which I'd suspect will happen without arrest initially, we got games to watch.

:bengal:

Second, no government law enforcement agency to my knowledge has EVER tried to pinch a marijuana DISTRIBUTOR (if that is what we want to call Cheech and Chong here)to get to the minor misdemeanor bag-o'doobies BUYERS.

Maybe not, but said "minor misdemeanor bag-o'doobies BUYERS" could, in this case, be high-profile NFL athletes. And we all know how the local constabulary just loves to bust 'em some Bengals players.

And yes, good call, Simpson and Collins' nicknames are now officially Cheech and Chong. :sure:

Maybe not, but said "minor misdemeanor bag-o'doobies BUYERS" could, in this case, be high-profile NFL athletes.

Alright, make up your mind...are you saying the buyers could be high-profile NFL athletes, or Bengals' players?

:lmao:

So why would the Feds not pick up their case but they picked up Jamal Lewis' case? Lewis didn't have the drugs or the money, he just brokered the deal for a friend. Lewis pled his case, and he got:

The plea agreement, entered in Atlanta, calls for Lewis to serve a sentence of four months in a minimum-security prison and two months in a halfway house, during which time he will be able to complete 500 hours of community service.

Lewis did also receive a 2 game suspension.

One of the posters at GB passed this along:

well it made NPR today that I am listening to at work about how it is a large investigation on a huge operation for distributing marijuana from california in kentucky and the house was probably being used as a distribution center

Great...just great...

Also, Joe Reedy says that Collins Chong is at practice today but no sign of Cheech.

But Simpson is a 1st time offender. I think Lewis had other issues. It's just 8lb's.

But Lewis just talked over the phone, Simpson actually had it shipped to his house and had some type of enterprise going.

Hey Hair if you have a copy of 'High Times' laying around, look in the back and see if there are any sales ads with a Kentucky address. If there is an 800 number call and ask to speak to Jerome.