Bengals at Denver Game Thread (9/17/11)

membengal

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see Green and Dalton have a break out game today. Dalton made some of the mistakes you would expect from him. Marvin still continues to make poor game decisions and at times the team seems unfocused and unmotivated. Simpson needs to either become consistent or find a home in the arena league. When Williams comes back I hope Boling gets moved to LG and Livings' locker is moved out of the stadium. Michael Floyd from Notre Dame sure would look nice lined up outside of AJ Green. Just saying.

Glad to see Green and Dalton have a break out game today. Dalton made some of the mistakes you would expect from him. Marvin still continues to make poor game decisions and at times the team seems unfocused and unmotivated. Simpson needs to either become consistent or find a home in the arena league. When Williams comes back I hope Boling gets moved to LG and Livings' locker is moved out of the stadium. Michael Floyd from Notre Dame sure would look nice lined up outside of AJ Green. Just saying.

Well, that was an encouraging loss. Rookie mistakes from rookies but there is something there alright. Give them this season to lay the foundations and we can actually start to possibly, potentially, hold your breath everyone, build year on year and get better. I think it's called progression or something.

Tate was pretty meh, but Colquitt had some great hang-time on most of his kicks.

yea meh, yea colquitt had some nice one . i thought tate had some room to make a couple plays. seemed like he just could not shake the first wave today. the good thing is we do get jones back soon. so then tate can just focus on kickoff's and some receiving with ship going down. hated seeing that.

Was it just me that thnought the sack on 2nd down as a big time face mask on Dalton??????????????

was hoping for the flag - but he was sacked - they would have called it if it was that bad

That's a call Superstar QBs get. Unfortunately Dalton is a rookie in his second game.

i seen dalton get up shoulder pad exposed and no helmet. i was thinking is that not some kind of foul? if you get a qb dirty the flag ya! if that was brady that definitely would have been a, unnecessary fashion disaster.. 15 and a 1st lol! o well the kid played a good game today. looking forward to next week!

Tate was pretty meh, but Colquitt had some great hang-time on most of his kicks.

yea meh, yea colquitt had some nice one . i thought tate had some room to make a couple plays. seemed like he just could not shake the first wave today. the good thing is we do get jones back soon. so then tate can just focus on kickoff's and some receiving with ship going down. hated seeing that.

Tate looked really stupid on some of his returns. The one that sticks out to me, he had about 10 yards between him and the oncoming defenders. He ran right and saw a defender, turned left and saw a defender, looked straight ahead and saw a guy and moved his hips back and forth like he was Elvis, then got sandwiched by all three guys. He needs to just go along with the way the return was called and setup.

To me what bothered me the most is the fact they could not get 3rd and 1 all game long. The o-line had no push and it was just a disapointment, there pad levels where up and getting pushed back. Also what happened to the team playing physical, they started out and were not that.

Defense was just bad, i dont know what happened to them, but they were just not very good for most of the day!! They couldnt stop the run at all, the 3rd and 4th recievers were beating the starting CB, i didnt like that at all.

I dont know what it is but the bengals always seem to start out slow, they need to find a way to play fast from the start. It seemed to me like they were not ready in the begining of the game, or they were not motivated. Hope they somehow fix this!!

With that said wow im excited about this team i hope they decide to let Andy throw the ball more down the field like today. So im excited about the future guys here, fix the o-line problems, and please fix the defense they need to play harder in order for the offense to stay in the games

We basically lost this game on 3rd and 1s blown, and conservative playcalling in the 1st half.

Yep not convertering 3rd downs hurt bad!!

A stupid 4th and1 call was stupid, heck they should have just tried a FG!

They need to build off of this lose because there were some great postives in this game, just fix the stupid mistakes, and some better playcalling on some of those 3rd and 4th down calls.