Don's Crystal Ball Week 2 Picks

thedon

Making mistakes, going deep on drives and only getting FG, I counted 4 three and out's and it got to thepoint when with Dalton they couldn't move the ball in the second half. It took Dalton to go down and catching the Cleveland defense sleeping for you guys to take the lead.

What do you mean "with Dalton they couldn't move the ball in the second half"? Surely you know Dalton didn't even play in the 2nd half.

???

Is your name Don Cowherd? or maybe Don King? If you really want to have any credibility you really need to do more research before posting stuff like this on fan's message board where they follow the teams VERY closely. You can't just look at the stat sheet or read recaps either, you actually need to watch some of the game. Saying the Bengals were 'sloppy' in their win over the Browns was WAY off the mark, and anyone that watched the game can tell you that. Now if you said the win 'wasn't pretty' or 'wasn't sexy' then you would have been fine.

Comparing the Bronco's loss to the Bengals win was horrible judgement. The Broncos had 10 penalties, 3 turnovers, less than 50 yards rushing as a team, had a punt partially blocked, and a missed a FG. Not only that, but they lost AT HOME to a division rival.

Watch both games actually, not the highlights and if you go only by penalties, TO or rushing... or just the stat sheet apperantly you would arguew that. But if you actually watched both games yo uwould have seen a team that continuesly moved the ball some drives just ended with bad beats or decisions but you saw a team that had bad luck ad a bad game in the other game your game, I saw plaeyrs droping ball, a lot of miss throws, a lot of dead drives against a yeah division rival but, young defense playing a new system and your team had trouble moving the ball agaisnt that defense.

Guess I was right at the end.

Let's not toot your horn too much here. You did also predict the Broncos to beat the spread which they did not. The Bengals did not play a bad game this week according to the stat sheet, about 50/50 in time of possession, they had no turnovers, and more total yards. In fact the Bengals are +5 in the turnover ratio for the year. The game was won/lost in the trenches where the Broncos could stop the Bengals rushing attack and the Bengals couldn't stop the Broncos when they needed to.

Let's not toot your horn too much here. You did also predict the Broncos to beat the spread which they did not. The Bengals did not play a bad game this week according to the stat sheet, about 50/50 in time of possession, they had no turnovers, and more total yards. In fact the Bengals are +5 in the turnover ratio for the year. The game was won/lost in the trenches where the Broncos could stop the Bengals rushing attack and the Bengals couldn't stop the Broncos when they needed to.

Hey I completly agree, I never said that Denver won the game easy, nobody has touched the Denver's game even. Everyone is talking about the Cleveland game, and I agree it was a close back and fort match and I was suprised how well Dalton played coming from the injury that looked worse. Also AJ Green has produced a lot more that I expected this early with a rookie QB.

Again I hadn't made 1 coment about this week's game. I actually liked what I saw this week even with the loss, now injuries are starting to pile up for you guys and that's not so great.

Again I hadn't made 1 coment about this week's game. I actually liked what I saw this week even with the loss, now injuries are starting to pile up for you guys and that's not so great.

What injuries? Sure our #3 WR is gone but I wouldn't say they're piling up

If anything in the next few weeks we will be getting back Geathers, Hudson, Rivers, Moch and Jones.

If anything in the next few weeks we will be getting back Geathers, Hudson, Rivers, Moch and Jones.

I'm fine with Don and I wouldn't read his stuff if I didn't get anything out of it but it's comments about the injuries and the one I mentioned earlier about Dalton playing in the 2nd half of the Cleveland game that lead me to believe he doesn't follow the Bengals very closely...

with Dalton they couldn't move the ball in the second half

In the next few weeks!!!! not the next game you alreay lost 3 players to IR shipley being the lates.. Jones is on PUP so after week 6 the rest are all in defense Mays, Geathers, moch... the defense is hurt and cant afford more injuries. You're young in some positions to say that Shipley's loss isn't important then you guys don't know your own team.

You're young in some positions to say that Shipley's loss isn't important then you guys don't know your own team.

I may be a cold-hearted bastard but I reacted to the Shipley injury with a shrug. One of those it sucks but it happens kind of things. And FWIW you can put me in the camp that thinks Caldwell can be more productive in the slot if used correctly. In fact, I said exactly that even before Shipley was drafted.

[insert Bird Photo]

I may be a cold-hearted bastard but I reacted to the Shipley injury with a shrug. One of those it sucks but it happens kind of things. And FWIW you can put me in the camp that thinks Caldwell can be more productive in the slot if used correctly. In fact, I said exactly that even before Shipley was drafted.

Maybe you'll be less blase when Cheech 2.0 gets suspended for reefer madness! We could use an extra WR who isn't stoned out of his mind.

Though frankly, I'm glad Simpson's lack of motivation over the last few years finally makes sense.

You're young in some positions to say that Shipley's loss isn't important then you guys don't know your own team.

[insert Bird Photo]

Caldwell has definitely proved that he can be very effective in the slot. Shipley is more shifty, but Caldwell provides Dalton with a bigger and faster target. He also blocks well. I don't think that we're downgrading at that spot. Losing the depth hurts, though.