Cam Newton

Guy seems to be here to stay. Two back to back 400 games!

He is doing very well, and they are not even playing well. It is all improvisation still. I watch the whole game on the huge TV at my local place, and once he "gets it" he will be Mike Vick combined with Marino. Freaking scary.

Now, if they can get their run game moving, the Panthers could be a dangerous team. Their D still cant stop anyone, so until they do it will be shootout after shootout.

Very impressed. I don't have a problem with the 3 Picks, he's a Rookie, and Charles Woodson is a Stud. He put up 400+ on the Pack which is impressive for a Rookie, but then again, after 2 games, The Packers have given up 400+ to both opposing QB's they've faced.....

Cam can definitely sling it, as his 422 & 432 yards came on 24 and 28 completions respectively......Whereas a guy like Dalton would need like 50 Completions to hit 400 yards

Imagine if they would actually let their Running Backs carry the ball too? Scary.....

Guy seems to be here to stay. Two back to back 400 games!

The guy I saw at PBS a month ago is not the same guy. Frankly other than a few scrambles for good yardage he pretty much sucked that night. Not sure how that happened but good for him I guess.

His biggest asset is his ability to operate out of the pocket. His legs give him the threat of breaking of a big run if the secondary stays with his receivers, and if they break off coverage to meet that threat, he finds a wide open target down field.

Wish I had drafted him in my FFL.

Wish I had drafted him in my FFL.

Lol, I took him in the 15th Rd as my backup QB in one league (once all the other decent backup were gone by Rd 10 I said, screw it, I'll wait). I had no intention of using him except for Tom Brady's Bye week.....Thing is, I can't play the dude because Brady's KILLING.....So this dude is getting CRAZY points sitting on my damn bench......Ugh....

• 2 weeks later...

Dalton just got to 330 yards in 27 completions. :rolleyes:

minus Jerome Simpson doing all the work after the catch on that 84 yard play = 246 yards on 26 completions.

Newton can hang it 65 yards in the air, Dalton more like 12....

yep cam can hang it up there 65 yards and get picked 3 times have a qb rating of 44 and LOSE!

while andy and his big 12 yards hit 25-32. complete over 10 straight passes. also completing passes to 9 different targets. a qb rating of 111 and WIN 3 straight games.

before you claim cam has nobody. smith, shockey, willams, steward. not bad at all.

i still take andy over cam any day. WHODEY!

minus Jerome Simpson doing all the work after the catch on that 84 yard play = 246 yards on 26 completions.

yep cam can hang it up there 65 yards and get picked 3 times have a qb rating of 44 and LOSE!

while andy and his big 12 yards hit 25-32. complete over 10 straight passes. also completing passes to 9 different targets. a qb rating of 111 and WIN 3 straight games.

before you claim cam has nobody. smith, shockey, willams, steward. not bad at all.

I dunno man. These two successful rookie QB's have their own style. Cam unfortunately doesn't have the defense Andy has to rely on.

I dunno man. These two successful rookie QB's have their own style. Cam unfortunately doesn't have the defense Andy has to rely on.

actually billy cam has exceeded any expectation i had about the guy. it just gets to me when some of our own fans dog dalton and praise cam. as of now dalton is the man with cam just behind. as al said just win baby!

actually billy cam has exceeded any expectation i had about the guy. it just gets to me when some of our own fans dog dalton and praise cam. as of now dalton is the man with cam just behind. as al said just win baby!

As most people know here, I've been pimping Cam for a long time. I'm a hard core SEC fan who was honestly amazed to see the level of his college play after just one year under his belt. I never doubted it could translate into the NFL. As we said in the Marines he could improvise and adapt. If the rest of his team pulls their head out of their a$$es he could overcome.

As far as Andy, he aces in my book. Learning at an incredible rate. He fits our system and doesn't get rattled easily unlike a former QB I do not want to mention.

As most people know here, I've been pimping Cam for a long time. I'm a hard core SEC fan who was honestly amazed to see the level of his college play after just one year under his belt. I never doubted it could translate into the NFL. As we said in the Marines he could improvise and adapt. If the rest of his team pulls their head out of their a$$es he could overcome.

As far as Andy, he aces in my book. Learning at an incredible rate. He fits our system and doesn't get rattled easily unlike a former QB I do not want to mention.

yes sir you do get the credit, you said cam was the man and he is making you look good! lol you nailed it good call.

• 1 month later...

congrats to newton for break vince young record on rookie quarterback rushing yards. and he only need 167 passing yards to go to break peyton manning's record for passing yards by a rookie quarterback. i cant believe a same quarterback will own both record

congrats to newton for break vince young record on rookie quarterback rushing yards. and he only need 167 passing yards to go to break peyton manning's record for passing yards by a rookie quarterback. i cant believe a same quarterback will own both record

I knew Cam was good from the 1st SEC game I watched him play. I had no idea he was this good.

I knew Cam was good from the 1st SEC game I watched him play. I had no idea he was this good.

but very odd thing is nobody is saying anything about this at anywhere even at nfl.com and pft. not even mention that manning record is in danger to be broken. i found out about this by look at newton stats yesterday and compare it to the record on my own.

Why do you think so many rookies and others like Tebow are doing so well? I'm going to throw an idea out there that it's largely due to the NFL rules favoring offenses like never before. All these illegal contact and bogus personal foul and faskmask penalties are extending drives and it's showing up on the offensive side of the ball. It's now to the point where you can't touch a faskmask, or a QB below the waist or above the nipples, a WR who's "defenseless" or any receiver past 5 yds. Offensive PI is not called enough. The NFL really needs to revamp this stuff. It's gone way too far.

Why do you think so many rookies and others like Tebow are doing so well? I'm going to throw an idea out there that it's largely due to the NFL rules favoring offenses like never before. All these illegal contact and bogus personal foul and faskmask penalties are extending drives and it's showing up on the offensive side of the ball. It's now to the point where you can't touch a faskmask, or a QB below the waist or above the nipples, a WR who's "defenseless" or any receiver past 5 yds. Offensive PI is not called enough. The NFL really needs to revamp this stuff. It's gone way too far.

yeah i agree as there is 4 quarterbacks this year that have chance to break dan marino's season passing yards record. not surpised if the 1984 dolphins team play this year dan marino would have 7000 yards instead lol