Cam Newton

He's so far 13 for 18 against Arizona. Throwing for 2 TD's and running for 1. Albeit he had one INT this stud is having an EPIC first regular season game!

What say you haters now? This guy is the real deal.

Never seen anything like it. I'll wait until I see the next few games so I can differentiate trend from outlier from total anomaly.

Nobody has ever seen anything like it. He broke every rookie record for a 1st game. Bear in mind it wasn't against a bad team either.

He's so far 13 for 18 against Arizona. Throwing for 2 TD's and running for 1. Albeit he had one INT this stud is having an EPIC first regular season game!

What say you haters now? This guy is the real deal.

i would say steve smith accounted for a 187 of the yards because he had a rookie on him , a 22 ypc. but guess what cam still lost lol! the funny thing is that same rookie won the game with a late 89 yard punt return for a td. i will also say that the cards pass defense is pure trash.

plain and simple i think he was lucky. i don't think he will get even close to those yards in a game for the rest of the year.

sorry billy i know you have a man crush on the guy. but i can't stand him is a chad type of player. as a person cam is a self centered piece of s**t. type of personality that destroys a team see chad.

plain and simple i think he was lucky. i don't think he will get even close to those yards in a game for the rest of the year.

I say you are mistaken and under estimate a player with great abilities.

Not taking anything away from Cam because i thought he did a great job today, but the Panthers WR were open alot!! There WR also went up and grabbed the ball when it was high, so the recievers did a great job of catching his passes.

Cardnals should worry about there secondary, if a rookie does this to them imagine what a Brady, or Rodgers would do

I say you are mistaken and under estimate a player with great abilities.

/>http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=310911022

nope still lucky, the cards secondary is nfl history bad after today. made him look better than he really is. time will tell.

Okay, I'll be the first to say I called him a bust waiting to happen, and I don't care how bad the Cardinals are, they are still an NFL team and Newton burned them bad so good for him, he still lost. I still think he won't pan out (of course some of that is I have no faith in Carolina being able to develop him) and hey, as Vick proves you don't have to be a good qb to win in this league and convince people you are great.

I'm stunned, he looked totally lost with a completion percentage near 40% in the preseason. Yesterday he looked very good, but did throw 2 picks if the refs dont call that very questionable roughing the passer to negate his 1st INT.

I will wait to see how he does for a couple of weeks, but I may have misjudged(by ABOUT 2 FULL SEASONS) his time frame of becoming an NFL QB.

Cam Newton had a great first game, no doubt. I saw him make some really good throws, but also saw a few times when Steve Smith was COMPLETEY LEFT ALONE, without a defender in sight.

I still have no idea if Newton will be a good NFL QB or not. While I did agree that he was the best in this years class, I also went on record stating that this was one of the worst QB drafts I can recall, and may not produce 1 decent NFL QB.

Anyways, good game for Newton, but the Peyton Mannings, Drew Brees', Aaaron Rodgers', and Tom Brady's maybe only have 1 or 2 400 yd games a year (if that) so it's foolish to think we'll see that again from a Rookie.....

Arizona is Arizona, this week will tell us more about how good/ready Cam Newton is, as he faces Green Bay's Defense and they damn sure saw tape of that game.....Arizona didn't have a single frame of decent NFL tape on Newton.

The Kid maybe end up being really good, but he ain't there yet.......

They are using Cam too hard, they need to start running the ball. Everytime i see the Panthers they are throwing the ball, give him some help and run it.

The problem is there isn't really a running game today for Carolina.

I don't care if they didn't run the ball, I am now officially impressed. I'd be more impressed if they actually won, but that's not really on him at this point. Happy to say it appears I was wrong about his pro prospects. I know it's only two games, but I wouldn't have picked him to have those two games over the length of his career much less in his first two games.