What We Learned Today

HoosierCat

On that play, Dalton also bears some blame. He was holding the ball that second too long quite often. I imiagine that he will get faster in his reads and decisions but he was often late to pull the trigger, which cost many completions.

I'm not going to bash Cook/Boling/Fat Andre for literally on botched play, where the QB had happy feet and couldn't make up his mind. The hit was not ovrly violent, just that the defenders helmet hit the back of Dalton's hand.

IMO, the only good thing about the play was that Dalton got rid of ball quickly enough to limit the damage yet almost pick up a nice gain. Of course, the pressure was right in front of him, making it easier for him to know when to get rid of the ball.

The fact that Cook was hollering "incoming!!" probably helped, too.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On that play, Dalton also bears some blame. He was holding the ball that second too long quite often. I imiagine that he will get faster in his reads and decisions but he was often late to pull the trigger, which cost many completions.

I'm not going to bash Cook/Boling/Fat Andre for literally on botched play, where the QB had happy feet and couldn't make up his mind. The hit was not ovrly violent, just that the defenders helmet hit the back of Dalton's hand.

IMO, the only good thing about the play was that Dalton got rid of ball quickly enough to limit the damage yet almost pick up a nice gain. Of course, the pressure was right in front of him, making it easier for him to know when to get rid of the ball.

The fact that Cook was hollering "incoming!!" probably helped, too.

I went back and watched that play again in the highlights over at NFL.com.

To say Dalton had happy feet or couldn't make up his mind is insane. He was in the shotgun, took a step back, set his feet, and threw the ball. He couldn't have thrown it much quicker than he did. The ball was in his hands for less than 1.5 seconds.

That one is not on Dalton.

Cook and Boling were double teaming Taylor for most of the game, leaving Livings one on one with his guy. I guess on that play where Taylor broke through maybe there some miss assignment, but overall i thought they did good against Taylor. I also thought Livings did a pretty good job on his guy all game.