Bengals @ Browns Game Thread

Scottishbengal

As I said earlier, they are melting down in Cleveland over this loss! :lol:

Enjoy.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_m5WByKoOc&feature=youtu.be

That's awesome. I was most interested to note that this fan isn't just saying he's done with the Browns. Instead he said it's "official" that he's done with the Browns. That's kind of an important distinction. It's official.

Even funnier is that, in my opinion, most of his criticism is right. Instead of hanging on to a coach who had things going up in Cleveland, who had begun the rebuilding process, Holmgren ran out and did what most old coaches/GMs do: He used the job as a way to reward or enrich someone from his past. Fritz Shurmer was the D Coordinator for Holmgren at Green Bay when Holmgren won his Super Bowl. So he brings in his nephew, who has never been a head coach and who so far doesn't look too head coachy, though it's still early.

As Bengals fans we have suffered from this for a long time. Mike loved bringing in guys who were connected to his dad or were somehow related to someone he knew. And he lets the organization do it too. Look at Chase Coffman. An unmitigated bust. His position coach, Jonathon Hayes, was roommate and teammate to Chase's dad, Paul, when they both played end for the Chiefs. So Hayes gets to use a draft pick and a job in the NFL as a little gift to his old buddy. And it didn't work.

The Browns are an effed up mess.

I don't know if he'll ever amount to anything on this level,

Here's a clue. He was a 3rd round pick in the spring of 2009. He got cut and put on the practice squad in 2010. They tried again and he got cut again in 2011 and put on the practice squad.

I'm not saying he won't amount to anything. I'm saying he'll amount to what he is, a very large receiver trying to play tight end on the practice squad.

It was a wasted pick and if you saw Hard Knocks you saw Jonathon Hayes happily explaining how Chase was his former roomate's son. Then later in the series you saw Jonathon Hayes unhappily explaining how frustrated he was that Chase couldn't seem to understand what he was supposed to do.

The new offense uses the TE less as a tackle and more as a receiver than Brat's scheme did. And Chase still washed out.

As I said earlier, they are melting down in Cleveland over this loss!

I just spent a few minutes swimming in the collective misery that is any Cleveland Brown messageboard, and here's my favorite find. (The familiar chant of "Mow is We" now means somebody else is doing lawnwork on Sunday afternoons.)

From a pinhead...

"I've been reading the Plain Dealer article's online and the comments that came afterward, and I feel there is something in the air about this team....this year...something is different. Fans are truly, genuinely, ready to give up on the Cleveland Browns. I never thought I'd see it in my lifetime, but even I am starting to weigh the possibility of cutting the lawn or going shopping instead of watching the game, when in past years that would have been out of the question."

As I said earlier, they are melting down in Cleveland over this loss!

I just spent a few minutes swimming in the collective misery that is any Cleveland Brown messageboard, and here's my favorite find. (The familiar chant of "Mow is We" now means somebody else is doing lawnwork on Sunday afternoons.)

From a pinhead...

"I've been reading the Plain Dealer article's online and the comments that came afterward, and I feel there is something in the air about this team....this year...something is different. Fans are truly, genuinely, ready to give up on the Cleveland Browns. I never thought I'd see it in my lifetime, but even I am starting to weigh the possibility of cutting the lawn or going shopping instead of watching the game, when in past years that would have been out of the question."

This was my favorite thread. "What would it mean if we lost to the Bengals?"

It was started days before the game and was also tossed around on talk radio the week prior to the game. Classic polarization of a fanbase. It is awesome.

/>http://brownschat.clevelandbrowns.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/657104744/m/918102844

It was started days before the game and was also tossed around on talk radio the week prior to the game. Classic polarization of a fanbase. It is awesome.

/>http://brownschat.clevelandbrowns.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/657104744/m/918102844

I'm not sure which I liked better. The Brownie fans shouting "Wait till Next Year" only one week into the season OR the more rational and level headed posters who argue the Browns won't officially be in "Wait till Next Year" mode until sometime after week 6.

I went through the posts and excerpted the following. Each post, or excerpt from a post, starts with a "-". Enjoy.

- The Bengals have a rookie quarterback who has thrown more interceptions than TD's so far. I believe our Defense will have a field day with this game. We won't dominate the game but we will show we aren't just going through the motions.

I predict 3 INT's and 5 sacks. Final score

Browns 31 Bengals 17

- I just worry about all the "bengals suck" talk and the impression that some are already chalking this up as a win. I know the Browns are favored to win, but until it happens I haven't been able to generate that, "we'll win this game easy" feeling like the old days. COB NOTE - Overall series record Bengals 40, Browns 36, since new Browns it is Bengals 16, Browns 9. What old days is this delusional Browns fan referring to?

- EXPECT GREAT THINGS! WE will rout the Bengals...which means to UTTERLY DEFEAT! This victory tomorrow will be the beginning to the "Season of Dreams"

- The Bong Girls is the consensus worsterest team in the NFL rat now. It's purty obvious what negative attributes will accrue theyseffs to any team what the Bong Girls cain beat.

- It would mean we suck and Shurmer's an awful coach. Or it would mean our ntire team got injured and we had to forfeit.

Rookie QB - rookie #1 WR - no excuses. By halftime we should all be enjoying the game relaxed - not sitting on the edge of our seat.

- A loss to the Bengals at home would be a disgrace, end of story !

- If laying odds I would have to say we are 9-1 favorites in this match-up.

Very pleased I stumped up the readies for Game Pass this season. The last 18 months dragged on a little. Popped my head in briefly and saw we not only kept chad but had signed TO. Finally that nightmare is over. Debated stumping up the money and then His Holiness Carson of Palmer decided to "lead" his chubby cleft-chinned ass all the way to retirement. That did it. Finally get to watch the Bengals play some football again. It'll be ugly at times and utterly sweet like this Sunday at times. If nothing more than that happens that's fine with me. Let's play some football.

- I just worry about all the "bengals suck" talk and the impression that some are already chalking this up as a win. I know the Browns are favored to win, but until it happens I haven't been able to generate that, "we'll win this game easy" feeling like the old days. COB NOTE - Overall series record Bengals 40, Browns 36, since new Browns it is Bengals 16, Browns 9. What old days is this delusional Browns fan referring to?

Good finds. I couldn't get over the delusional reference you quoted either. The Bengals have now beaten the Browns in the last 11 of 15 games since 2004. 12 of 16 since Marvin took over. The Bengals have absolutely DOMINATED the Browns the past 8 years. Yet, when you read through their delusional slander against the Bengals, it's like the Bengals didn't stand a chance. It's crazy talk. Neither team had more than 5 wins last season. All because of 2, TWO, decent pre-season games the Browns had. DELUSIONAL. I celebrate in their misery.

- The Bong Girls is the consensus worsterest team in the NFL rat now. It's purty obvious what negative attributes will accrue theyseffs to any team what the Bong Girls cain beat.

I can't be certain but I think I'm offended by the negative slurs being cast in the general direction of my beloved Bong Girls.

I don't want to live in a world where "Bong Girls" is considered an insult. It is now my quest to meet and wed at least one of these mythical creatures.

Good finds. I couldn't get over the delusional reference you quoted either. The Bengals have now beaten the Browns in the last 11 of 15 games since 2004. 12 of 16 since Marvin took over. The Bengals have absolutely DOMINATED the Browns the past 8 years. Yet, when you read through their delusional slander against the Bengals, it's like the Bengals didn't stand a chance. It's crazy talk. Neither team had more than 5 wins last season. All because of 2, TWO, decent pre-season games the Browns had. DELUSIONAL. I celebrate in their misery.

Delusion has been a constant with Browns fans throughout my lifetime. This is what separates Browns fans from Steeler fans. I can understand why Steeler nation thinks their team's great. I never understood where Browns fans get off thinking their football team is worth boasting about. Here it is 2011 and we have more evidence that little has changed up there

Very pleased I stumped up the readies for Game Pass this season. The last 18 months dragged on a little. Popped my head in briefly and saw we not only kept chad but had signed TO. Finally that nightmare is over. Debated stumping up the money and then His Holiness Carson of Palmer decided to "lead" his chubby cleft-chinned ass all the way to retirement. That did it. Finally get to watch the Bengals play some football again. It'll be ugly at times and utterly sweet like this Sunday at times. If nothing more than that happens that's fine with me. Let's play some football.

Hello Pidge, long time no read. Glad to see you back.

File this one under the heading of....."You can't top this, nor should you try"

I just checked in on the old crowd of Brownie fans that I used to torment. One of the dumbest of the bunch, a pinheaded fugtard named Zombo, is well known for the stupidity of his predictions so I stopped by to see what this years version of blind stupidity looked like.

Ready?

Zombo's power rankings have the Browns rated 6th best in the entire NFL.

Zombo predicts Colt McCoy will become "the next rising NFL star in Shurmur's offense."

Zombo predicts the Browns will finish THIS season 11-5.

Zombo predicts the Browns will win the division title outright.

Zombo predicts the Browns will win a playoff game.

Zombo predicts the Browns will lose to New England in the division playoff game.

And to put everything above in proper perspective....

Zombo predicts the Browns will crush the Bengals in the season opener.

Hello Pidge, long time no read. Glad to see you back.

Cheers, COB. Last year I got to see my ickle old Tottingham Hotspud sawker ball team in the champion's league. The club's bi-centenial whiff of glory which saw the highest of highs before ending up in the ritual humliation of being violently buggered in the QFs before all of world, save North America. Enough talk of this eurofag sport anyway. Needless to say, the pain and abject defeat got me thinking of the Bengals at the start of the summer. Full circle. Loved the off-season moves and the start has got me all "hey-this-might-not-be-just-another-cold-turd-sandwich" about the Bengal's nuffle prospects this year.

Below is the image of the two teams just before the snap for the Bengals go ahead score last Sunday.

brownsfail.png

The ref at the far right is signaling the ball is in play while the Browns are in complete disarray! Why wouldn't you snap the damn ball! :lol: