Scottishbengal

TD CEDRIC BENSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EAT s**t CLEVELAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EAT s**t EXPERTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this x2

Yeah, there's gonna be a lot of tweets like this:

@wingoz

trey wingo

Bengals start a rookie QB who was knocked out, so a back up on the road helps seal the win. and i'm OUT of the survival pool week one.

:lmao:

The D looked fairly sick, except for the safety postion, two big plays because safeties did not play "safe"ty - maybe it will get better - Nelson played well in all other areas, but the bottom line is no one gets behind u - that must change now or we will suffer alot this year on big plays when the rest of the D is pretty damn good and that will be sad and extremely frustrating... I firmly believe this is the best D-line in Bengals history - they all make plays and there is tons of depth ---- I've watched the Bengals a pretty damn long time and I've not seen this before...maybe in the Eddide Edwards days, but I was pretty damn young back then - Go Stripes!

what you are forgetting is that the busted plays happened in the first half. none after that so while we did make a couple mistakes. the defense corrected it with no busted coverages in the 2nd half! WHO DEY!!!!!!!! so props to our coaches for being able to correct the mistakes and win the game. when have you ever been able to say that! lol

• Like 1

Schadenfreude, anyone? :lol:Browns debut an unmitigated disaster.

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- For fans, this was more than a 27-17 loss to Cincinnati in the Browns' season opener.

This was annoying. This was disorganization. This was a real stinker.

And the punting was lousy, too.

Even worse, it didn't have to be this way. If you watched this game, you have every right to scream, "There's no excuse for this!" The Browns had 11 penalties, two poor punts under little pressure and an offense that suddenly stalled when it meant the most.

Coach Pat Shurmur was even flagged for knocking over an official. He didn't mean it, but he did ... and it was a penalty. Just as rookie Greg Little didn't mean to "nail a guy who bounced into Josh [Cribbs]," according to Shurmur. That cost Cribbs what could have been a long return in the fourth quarter.

But none of that was the turning point. I kept asking myself, "Exactly how did the Browns lose this game?"

More at the link.

On the defensive miscue that resulted in the A.J. Green touchdown:

“Yeah they quick-snapped us. I have to watch the tape, but it’s my understanding that they changed personnel, lined up and then quick-snapped it. There are rules that go along with that, so we’ll see. That’s what happened. - shurmur.

lol give me a f**king break. it's not our fault your team was to stupid to realize we were all ready lined up. we don't have to wait to snap the ball if all 11 of your players are in the huddle. i know we have to give you time to substitute, but we don't have to wait for you guys to be ready for us to run a play.

That’s the message. You’re not going to get any excuses from me. -shurmur.

what the hell do you call your statement about the play. sounds to me like your making excuses because you were not ready for the play. would you like a little cheese to go with the wine? be a man and admit you and your coaches f**ked up nothing more! then you had the ball 3 times at the end and OUR DEFENSE SHUT YOUR OFFENSE DOWN! then ced put your team to bed! 11 guys in the box and you did not lay a hand on him GAME OVER! WHO DEY!!!!

• Like 1

Browns fans have a sense of entitlement that is very annoying. "Didn't you know that we were good back in 1912? Remember Jim Brown?" Some pundits fling around the idea that they are wild card contenders because McCoy looks like the second coming of Bernie Kosar against the Packers in a preseason game. Next thing you know they're getting all giddy as if all "inferior teams" such as the Bengals should bow down before the great Cleveland Browns. Add in all of the media hype saying that the Bengals are going to be soooooo terrible "just because".

Then you get today's game where the team that was better up front won the game and Brown's fans pout and act like someone stole their cookie. All because they feel like they "deserve" to win a game like today's game.

I f**king love it.

Browns fan dejection is so erotic. *masturbates*

Those guys are really taking this loss hard. The blame goes mostly to McCoy, but they fail to realize what problems they have on the OL.

It appears they also think Dunlap is a hound from hell on defense.

Browns fans have a sense of entitlement that is very annoying. "Didn't you know that we were good back in 1912? Remember Jim Brown?" Some pundits fling around the idea that they are wild card contenders because McCoy looks like the second coming of Bernie Kosar against the Packers in a preseason game. Next thing you know they're getting all giddy as if all "inferior teams" such as the Bengals should bow down before the great Cleveland Browns. Add in all of the media hype saying that the Bengals are going to be soooooo terrible "just because".

Then you get today's game where the team that was better up front won the game and Brown's fans pout and act like someone stole their cookie. All because they feel like they "deserve" to win a game like today's game.

I f**king love it.

it's the same way here in columbus. the local media, so called neutral fans put the browns up on a pedestal, then they just rip the bengals to death. when the fact is the bengal have more wins, playoff games and victories over cleveland, 2 division championships. since the real browns became the ravens then came back to the nfl. we are what 12-5 in the last 17 meetings. that was the stat cbs showed on tv today, well it was 11-5 during today's game. we own the all time record for wins over them also. i can't tell you how many times a week i have that very same discussion with these people. it drive me nuts!! :frustrated:lol

I did not get to start watching til early in the third quarter, but one player I noticed aside from Dunlap was Reggie Nelson

Dude seemed to be having a VERY active game, and his stat sheet for the game is superb (http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/55167/CLV_Gamebook.pdf)

I'd say most of us would point to Safety as one of the weakest spots on the team going into the season, so this makes me very happy

But yeah.....year in, year out, we can never cover the damn tight end. Never.

Oh and the fact that I did NOT notice Boling was also very telling. Very very pleasant surprise.

Just got out of work after 12hrs, watching NFLN Redzone on my phone, was very pleased with the effort...That 1 running play that they run to the right side has been big since PS, Love the way the D is playing...This is the best season opener for me ever, Bengals win Steelers/Cowboys lose :cheers:

“Yeah they quick-snapped us. I have to watch the tape, but it’s my understanding that they changed personnel, lined up and then quick-snapped it. There are rules that go along with that, so we’ll see. That’s what happened. - shurmur.

Did that fool really say that? What a f**king douchenozzle. Seriously. Your team stood there like a group of stiffs and they got played. It's called being ready. And they were not.

Quick snapped. f**king blow a goat. There are rules that go along with that. pfffttt. Go dig a hole and fall in it.

What an a55hole.

TD CEDRIC BENSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EAT s**t CLEVELAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EAT s**t EXPERTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this x2

Yeah, there's gonna be a lot of tweets like this:

@wingoz

trey wingo

Bengals start a rookie QB who was knocked out, so a back up on the road helps seal the win. and i'm OUT of the survival pool week one.

:lmao:

I've been listening to Mike and Mike this morning. Nothing about the Bengals. Read Peter King's MMQB. Nothing. Colin Cowherd so far. Nothing. Other than showing the score ticker or token highlights of the game...nothing.

You'd think with ALL of the media and prognosticators picking the Browns to not just beat, but destroy, the Bengals they would be commenting on just how shocked they are. Nothing. Crickets.

Browns fan dejection is so erotic. *masturbates*

Those guys are really taking this loss hard. The blame goes mostly to McCoy, but they fail to realize what problems they have on the OL.

It appears they also think Dunlap is a hound from hell on defense.

This.

Winning is always sweet but winning this way is even better. Brown's fans will remember the pain from this one for a long time, not just because their team lost the game but because of the way they lost. They were the more disorganized team. They were the more undisciplined team. And best, they were outcoached. As a result they lost a game despite having every advantage a team could have.

That's glorious stuff. And TDB is dead on when he suggests it's something worthy of your masturbatory interests.

And Browns fans are right about Dunlap, although I'm guessing most observers only paid attention in the final moments to the types of things Carlos Dunlap was doing throughout the entire game. Point blank, and I repeat, the man is a joy to watch if highly disruptive acts of extreme violence are your kind of thing.

As for those of you who claimed this team got alot less interesting the moment Andy Dalton was injured, well....shame on you.

Gradkowski!

As for those of you who claimed this team got alot less interesting the moment Andy Dalton was injured, well....shame on you.

Gradkowski!

Please.

I don't want to take anything away from Gradkowski, because it isn't easy to come in at half time when you haven't had many practice reps... but let's not pretend he was anything more than the lowest form of adequate. Four straight punts... and he had completed just 3 of 9 passes for 30 yards prior to the TD drive (62 passing yards and a TD on 2 completions jumped his passer rating from 43.7 to 96.5).

Again, I don't intend to defame Gradkowski nearly as much as to say, this isn't a playoff team... so watching Andy Dalton's progress is the most interesting storyline this offense has to offer.

Gradkowski!

Please.

I don't want to take anything away from Gradkowski, because it isn't easy to come in at half time when you haven't had many practice reps... but let's not pretend he was anything more than the lowest form of adequate. Four straight punts... and he had completed just 3 of 9 passes for 30 yards prior to the TD drive (62 passing yards and a TD on 2 completions jumped his passer rating from 43.7 to 96.5).

Again, I don't intend to defame Gradkowski nearly as much as to say, this isn't a playoff team... so watching Andy Dalton's progress is the most interesting storyline this offense has to offer.

He followed your formula though, no turnovers, no dumb plays/penalties, and he was a handoff machine. He sure didn't lose the game for the Bengals did he? I told you that he was an adequate second string guy.

Gradkowski!

Please.

He followed your formula though, no turnovers, no dumb plays/penalties, and he was a handoff machine. He sure didn't lose the game for the Bengals did he? I told you that he was an adequate second string guy.

Well... he didn't become a handoff machine until the 4th quarter... But that's exactly my point.

If Gradkowski can come in cold and lead the team to a victory under that formula, it's a great system for a rookie to learn under. And that is my interest in the offense. I want to see Dalton. I want to know if he can do the job.

Gradkowski is a good back-up, but if Dalton gets knocked out for the season, he becomes the starter. And that simply isn't a situation I find myself terribly interested in watching.

The 2011 season is all about youth... which means the Bengals are building for the future. So I want to see what youth can do, not journeymen.

Gradkowski!

Please.

Fair enough, but I remind you how Gradkowski started multiple drives backed up against his own endzone due to a series of stupid decisions made by Bengal kick returners. And like you said, Gradkowski hasn't been given an adequate number of practice snaps since arriving.

Just saying...

You'd think with ALL of the media and prognosticators picking the Browns to not just beat, but destroy, the Bengals they would be commenting on just how shocked they are. Nothing. Crickets.

I just had a minute to take a look at espn.com and saw that Walker just posted his "preview" of the next power rankings. This is the first sentence of his blurb on the Bengals:

The Bengals pulled off a mild upset by beating the rebuilding Browns on the road.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: A "mild upset"? How is it a "mild upset" when every single one of espn's "experts" picked the Browns? And wait a minute here, when did the Browns become the "rebuilding Browns"? Just last week they were a playoff dark horse being led by Colt "the next Drew Brees" McCoy.

Funny, funny stuff. And yeah, I know that the Clowns were nowhere near as good as their PR, just like the Bengals weren't as bad as they were being portrayed. But I almost suffered a case of meme reversal whiplash when I read that line.

I just had a minute to take a look at espn.com and saw that Walker just posted his "preview" of the next power rankings. This is the first sentence of his blurb on the Bengals:

The Bengals pulled off a mild upset by beating the rebuilding Browns on the road.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: A "mild upset"? How is it a "mild upset" when every single one of espn's "experts" picked the Browns? And wait a minute here, when did the Browns become the "rebuilding Browns"? Just last week they were a playoff dark horse being led by Colt "the next Drew Brees" McCoy.

Funny, funny stuff. And yeah, I know that the Clowns were nowhere near as good as their PR, just like the Bengals weren't as bad as they were being portrayed. But I almost suffered a case of meme reversal whiplash when I read that line.

Those that absolutely cannot backpeddle are staying silent. Peter King, Colin Cowherd. But yeah, only Brian Baldinger from the NFL Network had the Bengals winning out of any of the national prognosticators.

It's like they can't say anything in this case because BOTH of their predicitions look to be wrong. The Browns are not a team competing for a Wild Card and the Bengals are not the undesputed front runners for Andrew Luck.

Did that fool really say that? What a f**king douchenozzle. Seriously. Your team stood there like a group of stiffs and they got played. It's called being ready. And they were not.

The TRUTH

Quick snapped. f**king blow a goat. There are rules that go along with that. pfffttt. Go dig a hole and fall in it.

What an a55hole.

That's pretty much what the NFL said.

The Bengals had no substitution violation on their quicksnap that caught the Browns off guard and resulted in the game-winning 41-yard touchdown, the NFL has determined, a league source told The Plain Dealer today.

Instead, the Browns had ample time to substitute after the Bengals changed personnel and snapped the ball with 14 seconds remaining, the league source said.

The only thing the officials did wrong on the play was not catch the Browns with 12 men on the field, according to the source.