Official 2011 Season Prediction Thread

HoosierCat

I'm optimstic .... I'm thinking they start 2 and 2 ....

Ooohhh Redsfan2 is on the money !!:sure:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

The bye week is a good time to revisit this. I look at the rest of the season on two groups:

Games CIN should be favored: @SEA, CLE, HOU, @STL, ZONA

Games CIN may be dogs: @TEN, PIT, @BALT, @PIT, BALT

If we go 4-1 when we should win and 1-4 when we shouldn't, that's 9-7, win the two touchest home games and you're 10-6. What am I missing? Shouldn't the Bengals make the playoffs if they just do what they're supposed to?

The bye week is a good time to revisit this. I look at the rest of the season on two groups:

Games CIN should be favored: @SEA, CLE, HOU, @STL, ZONA

Games CIN may be dogs: @TEN, PIT, @BALT, @PIT, BALT

If we go 4-1 when we should win and 1-4 when we shouldn't, that's 9-7, win the two touchest home games and you're 10-6. What am I missing? Shouldn't the Bengals make the playoffs if they just do what they're supposed to?

Even with a 10-6 record the Bengals may not be able to make the playoffs as a wildcard. If wither Pittsburgh or Baltimore wins the division, and then the other has a better division record than the Bengals, they would get the wildcard. With the AFC North having the easiest out of division schedules, the AFC south and NFC west, I expect good records out of multiple teams. So I guess the million dollar question would be what other conference would the Bengals have to beat out for a wild card? You have San Diego and the Raiders out West, and you have the Pats, Jets, and Bills in the East. I just don't see 2 wildcards coming out of the same division.

So basically 10-6 for the Bengals might not get them in the playoffs unless some of their wins come against Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

If they split with Balt and Pitt and beat Cleveland. I believe they will win the division.

I think Baltimore will take the division, they look like a 11 or 12 win team this year even if the Bengals manage to take one from them. That said, if the Bengals do manage to split with both and beat Cleveland, I'll definitely give them a wild card berth.

Right now I think the Bengals are set up for 8-8 or 9-7. Everything depends on their performances in the division games.

I think what happens after the bye will tell us alot about this team. For some reason when the media talks pretty good about this team, they come out flat, and they act like they can walk into places and just win (just look at last year). So i think it will tell us alot, if this team has really changed, and Marvin has turned the page with his coaching.

All of a sudden now that Carson has been traded, its like the media noticed Andy, so im wondering how he will handle this. I love the way he handled the first part of the season here, he seems like such a great leader, and really fires guys up. So hope he takes everything with a grain of salt, and just goes out and plays like he has.

As good as the defense has been, they can still be so much better. Im hoping for more turnovers in the second half,esp INTs. Hope there tackling gets better, thats one of the only things i will complain about with the defense, they always seem to miss a couple big tackles a game. More pressures and sacks would be awsome also. The question is will they come and play physical, and smart the rest of the season. If they want to have a winning record the defense is going to have to play lights out with the tough games coming up.

I have been so happy with this team thus far, and i hope it continues. Im just ready to see what kind of team they are, and after the bye will tell us alot about the team and Marvin. Whatever they do they have to figure out the running game, its time to start pounding the ball more in games. I did listen to Marvin on Sirius and he did say the pad levels are too high when they are running, so i hope its something fixable, because they are going to need it.

• 3 weeks later...

I know it's one game, but does anyone want to change their opinion? I will allow 1 exemption for the rest of the season. I said 10-6 and I'm standing by it. Jump on the Bandwagon now brethren!

This game went pretty much how I expected it... so no. I'm not changing my answer. No less than 6 wins, no more than 9.

My original thought with the schedule was 7-9 wins. I'm with Derek on this...I can see that range easily.

This was my thought early on. I'm sticking to 9 wins max, just so I don't jinx the team and/or set myself up for a let down...but I'll be real honest with you...if we ended up only going 3-5 for the rest of the season, I'd be really shocked and really disappointed.

I had them 6-10. Nothing to mea culpa for. I thought that would have been a really nice step forward given the 4 wins last year and all that went on off-season etc.

Just delighted beyond words over what has happened.

I said 5-11 before the preseason, and I'm still feeling 5-11. They do look better than I expected, but I'm not remotely confident they can manage the strong play consistently.

yeah good call, dumbass

Ditto. I predicted 4 wins

After reading this thread, I think the real question is: What happened to Billy's signature?

She's on vacation. Had to take a break from hauling those puppies around.

Is it the same one you have over on the Lair? Or a different large breasted hottie?

Not much time these day but wanted to get in on this.

I still say they will be lucky to win six, but I think luck will be on their side this season.

6-10 and I agree with whoever said it would be the best kind of a 6-10 season you could hope for.

Later...

Seeing as how they certainly aren't going to lose out, i'm happy to say how wrong I was.

Carry on youngsters !!!

• 1 month later...

I'm going to say 6-10. That may be a little much but remember Marvin went 8-8 in his first year and surprised us all. If they can win the opener and get through the early part of the season on a positive note, I think they can get to 6 wins.

Remember the difference between 6-10 and 10-6 is a handful of plays over the course of a year. Here's hoping we get a few breaks to go our way for a change.

Mini-fail lol. I'll take 9-7! Or how about 10-7?

No less than 6 wins, no more than 9.

Wish it would have been 10... but I didn't expect 9 wins would get them to the playoffs, so I'm pretty damn happy.

You nailed it this year.

I assumed the 9 would come only if they could win most/all of their games against weaker opponents... so congrats to the Bengals for taking care of the teams they are supposed to beat.

Hopefully they can start beating the better teams in the NFL starting... now.