Bengals trade Clinton McDonald for Seattle CB Kelly Jennings

membengal

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I guess that answers any question about Pacman: he'll be PUP'd, if not outright IR'd.

Mixed feelings. Bengals needed to address CB with Jones unavailable. But McDonald was developing nicely. Might have got caught in a numbers game on the line, tho.

Well, I guess that answers any question about Pacman: he'll be PUP'd, if not outright IR'd.

Mixed feelings. Bengals needed to address CB with Jones unavailable. But McDonald was developing nicely. Might have got caught in a numbers game on the line, tho.

Jennings will be a great nickle corner for this team!

McDonald, well i actully liked him, but maybe now they can go after a guy like Javon Haye who just got relesed from Titans. Oh well they needed a corner bad, and i like the Jennings signing

Wasnt Jennings a starter there??

Seahawks fans don't seem too upset that Jennings is gone...

/>http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34247

Here's a thread from back when the Hawks re-signed him this year to a 1-year deal:

/>http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32860&start=0

Jennings will be a great nickle corner for this team!

McDonald, well i actully liked him, but maybe now they can go after a guy like Javon Haye who just got relesed from Titans. Oh well they needed a corner bad, and i like the Jennings signing

Wasnt Jennings a starter there??

yes he was a starter last season, and has started more than half the games he played. sounds like he is a decent 3rd cb, but only 2 career int's.

My guess would be that they feel pretty good about the DT depth, but not so great with the CB depth, i think its the only reason why they make this trade. Im guessing he will be the nickle, and Trent will also play as the 4th corner? I guess they just felt they needed depth, which we know they did so the trade does make sense.

I wonder now if Shirley will be getting his chance to play, or they will get another DT for the rotation

Seahawks fans don't seem too upset that Jennings is gone...

/>http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34247

Here's a thread from back when the Hawks re-signed him this year to a 1-year deal:

/>http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32860&start=0

Yea i also remember what the Jags were saying when they let go Reggie Nelson??? Im not to worried, what Zim and Coyle does with DB well its just awsome, so ill wait and see with this.

I was watching the Seahawks opener a couple weeks ago vs SD with a good friend of mine who has season tickets to the Seahawks games and after Jennings gave up a long completion he railed about how bad he was and how little he thought of the guy. That was unsolicited at the time. Little did I know he'd be in Bengal gear before long. I will call him up and tell him what I think. That is that he won this deal. Let's not expect much here

Sims, Atkins, Peko, Shirley, Mikalele

I had forgotten about Mikalele. He's played pretty well thus far.

I have no problem with Shirley making the final roster, but if the Bengals are trying to open up a spot for a defensive lineman I hope it's DE, not an extra DT.

Specifically, Victor A.

He's played well too. He's a big body that's been one of the reasons they've stopped the run so well.

Does this mean Ghee didn't work out here?

I don't think Ghee has played this whole camp/preseason, has he? Hammy injury, I think. Sounds like he's headed for PUP or IR if he isn't just cut.

I think he played special teams vs Carolina. I don't think they can PUP him

Bengals site confirms he did play:

Also returning are running back Bernard Scott, cornerback Brandon Ghee and rookie wide receiver Ryan Whalen, all battling hamstring injuries.
>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Green-Dalton-gang-up-on-Newton/470e9a10-bf7b-495d-bd7e-017fb2f66672

Ehhhh... don't like it at all right now, but we'll see how it goes. A 3rd corner is probably more valuable than a 4th or 5th DT, but I'm concerned Seattle got the better player.

i think your right about the hawks getting the better player. but our db's needed the help more than the d-line.