Detroit Lions

semiotter

Hey gang besides the Bengals I've been a big Lions fan back in the Lem Barney days. I'm really getting pumped up this year. If Matt can stay healthy and the Def plays like I think they might we could win and maybe sneak in to the playoffs this year. What you guys think?

Hey gang besides the Bengals I've been a big Lions fan back in the Lem Barney days. I'm really getting pumped up this year. If Matt can stay healthy and the Def plays like I think they might we could win and maybe sneak in to the playoffs this year. What you guys think?

After all the high draft choices they've stocked up on after these past years they ought to be a playoff contender by now.

Well we did beat GB last season. It was the last time they lost last year.

Yes, but I still think GB, and Min are better than the Lions. IMO the Bears and Lions will be duking it out for third in that division. Very similar to what the Browns and Bengals will be doing in the AFCN.

BTW I'm a big Bears fan, they are my NFC team.

Yes, but I still think GB, and Min are better than the Lions. IMO the Bears and Lions will be duking it out for third in that division. Very similar to what the Browns and Bengals will be doing in the AFCN.

I'm not a Bears fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I still love Walter Payton. The dude was amazing back in the day.

I'm not a Bears fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I still love Walter Payton. The dude was amazing back in the day.

Walter is the reason I started being a Bears fan, he was one of a kind. "Sweetness" the perfect nickname, it describes his running style to a T.

Walter is the reason I started being a Bears fan, he was one of a kind. "Sweetness" the perfect nickname, it describes his running style to a T.

and Billy Sims and Barry Sanders were great to....

You can mention Sanders in the same sentence as Payton. No problem there. Sims? Not on their level.

Dude. The Lions are whipping up on the Pats!

You can mention Sanders in the same sentence as Payton. No problem there. Sims? Not on their level.

I loved to watch Sanders run, his start/stop was amazing. If he wouldnt have quit he would have been the one to break Paytons record, instead of Emmit Smith. Who, even though he was a good RB, I never liked.

Sims, was solid, not great.

Yep the NFC north will be tough this year. But of course the Lions might be in the hunt this time. Losing Stafford and the s**t call the first game of the year last year hurt bad.

I like Stafford when healthy. It's just that the Lions are snakebit just like our Bengals. Even this yr their #1 pick has a serious injury. I think they can compete for a playoff spot and they'll be fun to watch but look out for that boogy man. Bad things tend to happen to them

• 3 weeks later...

This might be a stretch but it reminds me of when we played the Saints two years ago in the preseason and lost pretty bad. Prior to that they were considered a good team but not one of the elites. They won the Super Bowl that season. I'm not saying the Lions are that good but I could see them winning that division even with the Packers there.