Claimed off waivers:

WR Brandon Tate

C-G Mike McGlynn

TE Mickey Sculer

Cut:

Quan Cosby

Chase Coffman

Reggie Stephens

Say hello Jordan Shiply to punt returning.

Well, now they have a legitimate deep threat in Tate. I wonder who will throw the long routes...

McGlynn is a nice pick-up.

For punt returns, I;m not sure who is better, Shipley or Scott. I would not want either hurt but I think Scott has better short are quickness, maybe Ship ha slightly better hands.

I still think they need a Sheppard or McFadden, backing up our CB's.

Watching the Indy game again on NFL Network right now. Dalton's accuracy is still not quite there yet. He needs to keep improving.

Peerman looks better than Leonard. Would like to see Peerman running behind the first team line.

yeah at least they were able to sneak some of the best players that ended up getting cut unto the practice squad. Other teams must not been watching the Bengals preseason games for Evans to make it through waivers.

I agree with this

I also think Coffman is a waste of time. He cannot block. He can catch but does not move well after the catch. What did they call him, Crash Test Dummy? How about just Dummy?

Claimed off waivers:

WR Brandon Tate

C-G Mike McGlynn

TE Mickey Sculer

Cut:

Quan Cosby

Chase Coffman

Reggie Stephens

Say hello Jordan Shiply to punt returning.

Well, now they have a legitimate deep threat in Tate. I wonder who will throw the long routes...

McGlynn is a nice pick-up.

For punt returns, I;m not sure who is better, Shipley or Scott. I would not want either hurt but I think Scott has better short are quickness, maybe Ship ha slightly better hands.

I still think they need a Sheppard or McFadden, backing up our CB's.

Watching the Indy game again on NFL Network right now. Dalton's accuracy is still not quite there yet. He needs to keep improving.

Peerman looks better than Leonard. Would like to see Peerman running behind the first team line.

Well i think from Daltons first game his accuracy is getting so much better. We still have to remember that he has really only been playing in the nfl now for like a month. So from what i have seen from Dalton i am happy! Now the Bengals need to run the ball and run it somemore, and i think Dalton can have some very successful games.

Happy with cutting Puddin' and picking up Tate - instant upgrade.

Interested in why the Eagles cut McGlynn exactly?

Im not sure but if you see what eagles fans thought of him, they did like the fact that he could play every spot on the o-line.

I wonder if he will get a shot to start at guard, or if Boling is there guy. I would like to see what McGlynn does and hope he is an upgrade at the guard spot

This is a comment from an eagles fan over on CJ:

Mcglynn started for us most of the year last, year, he just doesn’t fit into new OL coach Howard Mudd’s (formerly of the colts) new schemes. McGlynn can play center and guard and was solid last year, and no where close to the rotating door that was our RG postion.

While we're on the subject of the o-line, Hobson says it looks like the last PS sport will go to Stephens if he clears waivers.

Mcglynn started for us most of the year last, year, he just doesn’t fit into new OL coach Howard Mudd’s (formerly of the colts) new schemes. McGlynn can play center and guard and was solid last year, and no where close to the rotating door that was our RG postion.

While we're on the subject of the o-line, Hobson says it looks like the last PS sport will go to Stephens if he clears waivers.

I was hearing the same thing that he was pretty solid last year. Makes me wonder if they will bring him in to start for Bobbie or maybe they will let Boling play, and put McGlynn in for Livings. Anyway i look at it i like the pick up and hope he starts, sounds better then what they have now.

Leanord Davis is still out there, not that i think the bengals will go after him, but hes the only decent guard left.

With Waters (now grabbed by NE) and Davis, those are the only two starting guards worth signing.

Davis is superior to Livings and Williams, and most certainly Boling, so maybe they really like McGlynn.

Watched the Indy game again this AM and Livings is still not very good.

I's still curious what they'll do with Carson. He could report, write a fat check for the missed time and make SoP have to confront the situation. If I'm Carson and really want to turn the screws, I'll show up and make Brown move me. I wonder what the status is on the current salary cap, and if they could absorb having him walk back into the locker room.

With Waters (now grabbed by NE) and Davis, those are the only two starting guards worth signing.

Davis is superior to Livings and Williams, and most certainly Boling, so maybe they really like McGlynn.

Watched the Indy game again this AM and Livings is still not very good.

I's still curious what they'll do with Carson. He could report, write a fat check for the missed time and make SoP have to confront the situation. If I'm Carson and really want to turn the screws, I'll show up and make Brown move me. I wonder what the status is on the current salary cap, and if they could absorb having him walk back into the locker room.

I said the same thing about Davis, and somebody asked Reedy, and he said they are trying to get younger not older, so chances are they are not going after him. I guess they really liked McGlynn so i hope that means he is good enough to start.

Actully i think Livings other then the 1st preseason game has had his best games since. I have not seen him play as physical as he has, and Lap who usually kills Livings has been praising him for his blocks. So my guess is Livings will be starting, but i wonder if he shouldnt start at RT, and Boling or McGlynn start at LT?? Just a thought. Or even Collins starting at guard.

I just wonder if they are going to go back to playing musical Guards!

I was hearing the same thing that he was pretty solid last year. Makes me wonder if they will bring him in to start for Bobbie or maybe they will let Boling play, and put McGlynn in for Livings. Anyway i look at it i like the pick up and hope he starts, sounds better then what they have now.

Leanord Davis is still out there, not that i think the bengals will go after him, but hes the only decent guard left.

Tx for feedback. My only (and initial) concern was that this was the 3rd guard they've nabbed from the Eagles, and of course the 2nd this year - um, lacking NFL scouts are we? Yet I wouldn't be surprised if he's better than Livings or Williams if they give him a shot. I suppose they were looking for flexibility after demoting Stephens and needed someone who has played C, so fine. I'm happy to see a G or C who's started for a playoff team here any time it happens. I know Marvin has always valued those interior line positions, even if Mike Brown doesn't, and Alexander is just Brown's lap dog, so he's more of a non-factor when it comes to demanding upgrades there.