Taylor Mays Is A Bengal

NJ29

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think that Crocker is nearing the end of his run as an effective starter, but he's the perfect guy to tutor someone like Mays. Nelson is playing really well right now as well, so if Mays pans out, it could make a huge difference. We shall see, I remain guarded in my optimism.

Personally I think that Crocker is nearing the end of his run as an effective starter, but he's the perfect guy to tutor someone like Mays. Nelson is playing really well right now as well, so if Mays pans out, it could make a huge difference. We shall see, I remain guarded in my optimism.

I just excited about a guy who seems to hit a ton. If nothing else, I want our defense blowing people up. :bengal:

I like the move. Better than waiting for Kim Herring, I mean, Ethan Kilmer, I mean, Roy Williams, I mean, Gibril Wilson to heal. Let's just hope he can listen better than Ndukwe did.

Mr. Mays, please listen to Coach Zimmer and do what he says.

whats everyone think? a 5th? a 4th?

I hope a 6th round pick, i think would be ideal!

I like this move, Zimmer really wanted this guy, well now he has him so i hope he pans out. Good move

They have an extra 5th form the Chad trade so maybe after they didn't get Pryor, they made the trade using one of them.

I hope Mays pans out too. But I am a little jaded with USC players at this point. Rivers and Rey haven't made the impact I had hoped for but I am all for any kind of upgrade. This team is only going to go as far as its defense and it's O-line will carry them. Props to the team for trying something different.

I like this move, Zimmer really wanted this guy, well now he has him so i hope he pans out. Good move

They have an extra 5th form the Chad trade so maybe after they didn't get Pryor, they made the trade using one of them.

I hope Mays pans out too. But I am a little jaded with USC players at this point. Rivers and Rey haven't made the impact I had hoped for but I am all for any kind of upgrade. This team is only going to go as far as its defense and it's O-line will carry them. Props to the team for trying something different.

Rey back in his natural postion i think he will have a break out year. So far he has been a star in this awful preseason

Been having alot bad luck lately irl bu this puts a smile on my Face..Hell ya! Now I need a sig ^.^

"Kaz is out partying. He's already called off work. "

Tonight will be a Happy drunk.

I knew you'd get a chubby over this news. ^_^

Love it, absolutely love it. That said I was one of the people who wanted him in the draft over Gresham. I really see him as an impact player in this scheme with this coaching. He is more talented than any safety that we would have picked up in the 4th round or later.

I like Sands as a long term player, but be honest who do you think makes a better player, Mays or Sands? 2nd day(yes i still go by day 1 rnd1-3/day 2 rnd4-7 standards) safeties just dont have this much talent or ability.

Rey back in his natural postion i think he will have a break out year. So far he has been a star in this awful preseason

Very true. I am hoping this is his breakout season.

So the skeptic in me has to ask what did they let him go or trade him? What's the issue there if any?

Very true. I am hoping this is his breakout season.

So the skeptic in me has to ask what did they let him go or trade him? What's the issue there if any?

He was a guy that Singletary heavily pushed for in the draft. With singletary out and a change in defensive scheme they really didnt want him around. So it pretty much comes down to scheme/coaches guy for the most part.

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8Npji-Gvi0

People mention how 49ers were quick to give up on him so there must be a problem,I disagree he didn't fit what they were doing on Defense He's a in the Box Enforcer type safety ala Roy Williams the type of Safety Zimmer loves.

Coyle has been one of our better coaches so I look forward seeing what him and zimmer can do with Freak like Mays...

I guess we'll see, ultimately he's another guy no one wanted on a roster with too many of those types already, sans the WR's, Tackles and DT'/DE's on this team. It would be nice to have a cover Safety to back-up Crocker since he gets hurt a lot, but, they don't have anyone worthwhile behind Reggie either. The DB's here are as thin as paper and I hope Pac Man comes back and can play like he did last season before getting hurt, or I'm afraid we'll see more TE's going for big gains on 3rd down. None of Marvin's late round Db's are panning out at all, and a handful of them are a complete joke and shouldn't even be on a PS.