Bengals - Jets game talk

kingwilly

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the positions they're being thrusted into, the defense looks good.

Agreed. Much improved. Challenging passes, a few tips. Great work. Run defense is pounding it, too.

As far as dalton goes, some of you need a dose of reality. Second preseason game and you guys are freaking out that he isn't ready for a pro bowl. This is what preseason games are for. He looks confident in the huddle to me, comfortable. It'll come :bengal:

nice stick D!!!

Not freaking out about Dalton, but whats wrong with him? How long does he keep getting 1st team reps? Is it fair to Dalton or the rest of team if he is obviously not doing well.

Or - He needs to play the whole game, today and the rest of preseason.

idk - Im looking for a glimpse.

Ok and theres a first down. Its something.

Considering the positions they're being thrusted into, the defense looks good.

Agreed. Much improved. Challenging passes, a few tips. Great work. Run defense is pounding it, too.

As far as dalton goes, some of you need a dose of reality. Second preseason game and you guys are freaking out that he isn't ready for a pro bowl. This is what preseason games are for. He looks confident in the huddle to me, comfortable. It'll come :bengal:

nice stick D!!!

Not freaking out about Dalton, but whats wrong with him? How long does he keep getting 1st team reps? Is it fair to Dalton or the rest of team if he is obviously not doing well.

Or - He needs to play the whole game, today and the rest of preseason.

idk - Im looking for a glimpse.

Ok and theres a first down. Its something.

I just think we have way too high of expectations. The guy has been in the NFL for 3 weeks. If they think he has the most talent and plays the best in practice, then we give him reps to keep getting better, keep adjusting, keep learning the new offense. It's not going to happen overnight. I think too many fans have been "bengalized" and take every plan that isn't a touchdown to mean everyone should be fired and we don't have anyone on our team who is any good. It's preseason, we are working out kinks, and we are MUCH improved over last week.

Watch how often Cook is either man-handled, or ends up blown out of the play...

Cook is just not very good.

Dalton is settling in but has shown just too much float on too man passes so far. Again, just calling a spade a spade here but when that happens it means he is uncomfortable throwing those intermediate routes, and has to force it, causing it to float (arm strength...)

Watch how often Cook is either man-handled, or ends up blown out of the play...

Cook is just not very good.

Dalton is settling in but has shown just too much float on too man passes so far. Again, just calling a spade a spade here but when that happens it means he is uncomfortable throwing those intermediate routes, and has to force it, causing it to float (arm strength...)

Dalton has good arm strength, i just think he needs to learn when to use it and when not too. Its only his 2nd game and his 3rd week in the NFL, so ill continue to give him some time