TJ

combatbengal

TJ is out on the market and rumor has it he's lost some speed. Would he be a fit for us? I'm not sure I want to see Simpson in there!! I like AJ Green and Shipley!!

He shot his wad here. Tourage is not coming back.

TJ is out on the market and rumor has it he's lost some speed. Would he be a fit for us? I'm not sure I want to see Simpson in there!! I like AJ Green and Shipley!!

I hope you are not serious?Not to knock AJ Green be he hasn't proven a damn thing yet. The Bengals should be the last team in the league to think about signing TJ. The thing is if TJ would have signed the contract the Bengals was offering him I guarantee he would still have a NFL home right now, he thought the grass was greener and found out quickly how much he benefited by being a Bengal. His only chance of signing with the Bengals is a one day contract so he can retire as a Bengal. Out with the old in with the new

TJ will go to the first team that has a tier 1 WR go down with injury. Given the garbage at WR in Miami, I am very surprised they have not sniffed him, or even the Giants.

No, he will end up out with the Raiders, reunited with Hue Jackson, since Chaz Schillens and Louis Murphy are both now hurt, and that leaves DHB and some other lames. He would do well playing against the weak CB's of the AFC West.

TJ will go to the first team that has a tier 1 WR go down with injury. Given the garbage at WR in Miami, I am very surprised they have not sniffed him, or even the Giants.

No, he will end up out with the Raiders, reunited with Hue Jackson, since Chaz Schillens and Louis Murphy are both now hurt, and that leaves DHB and some other lames. He would do well playing against the weak CB's of the AFC West.

sounds like solid thinking, until you realize he was not very good playing for the Seahawks out west. I always liked TJ and thought it was a big loss when he left, but it is looking like the Bengals and TJ parted ways at the exact right time. Bring him back for the one day contract so he can retire a Bengal, he helped to make the 90's fade from memory and for that I will always be thankful.

I might sign TJ with no guaranteed money for preseason fodder. Use him on special teams and as a WR to complete drills and the 2nd half of preseason games. Then I'd enjoy cutting his ass on Labor Day

sounds like solid thinking, until you realize he was not very good playing for the Seahawks out west. I always liked TJ and thought it was a big loss when he left, but it is looking like the Bengals and TJ parted ways at the exact right time. Bring him back for the one day contract so he can retire a Bengal, he helped to make the 90's fade from memory and for that I will always be thankful.

he wasn't dreadful, in his first year away from the Bengals: 79 catches for 911 yards. Hardly "not very good"... Very similar to his 04 and 05 seasons in Cincy. I would agree he is not a number 1 wide out, which is what HE thought he was.

I think he struggled in Baltimore with the offensive scheme, one that relied heavily on passing to Ray Rice and Heap, and where he was the clear #3 wide out behind Mason and Boldin. Not as many looks as he usually would get.

I think he could be productive in Oakland, where they have some very strong RB's (DMC, Bush), with Campbell firing a decent ball. The other place he could end up is in Carolina, where they have very little experience at QB. He could be Cam Newton's best buddy there, grabbing passes and building up his confidence.

Who knows, maybe I'm an idiot. TJ did turn out to be more of a cancer than anyone could have predicted, so maybe he has a taint to him. That, paired with his age might mean his employ-ability is zilch.

he wasn't dreadful, in his first year away from the Bengals: 79 catches for 911 yards. Hardly "not very good"... Very similar to his 04 and 05 seasons in Cincy. I would agree he is not a number 1 wide out, which is what HE thought he was.

I disagree. The Seahawks invested a ton of money in him and after seeing him for one year, wanted no part of him. That's pretty dreadful IMO.