Face, Meet Palm

HoosierCat

Joe breaks down all of Livings' snaps here:

/>http://www.cincyjungle.com/2011/8/17/2366971/bengals-player-report-card-nate-livings-vs-lions#comments

He actually grades out (just) positively for the game.

What's that you say? A person took the time to actually grade the player that everyone wants lynched?

Say what now? He came to a similar conclusion that the coaching staff has?

Impossible! Anyone that doesn't want Livings to die alone in a ditch is a Communist!

Just to clarify my above post...

I'm no lover of Livings. I think he's a below average Guard. But he's not nearly as terrible as Bengal fans wants to believe.

Livings does have holes in his game, but the problem is not with Livings alone. The problem is that the holes in his game are magnified when playing next to another below average lineman with similar holes, Kyle Cook.

I don't like the shouts for Livings' head, because in the interest of fairness there should be equal volume for Kyle Cook's head. But Livings is compared to Whitworth who played LG before him at a Pro-Bowl level, and Cook is compared to Ghiaciuc who never deserved to be in an NFL uniform.

Are things ever as bad or good as they appear ?? Usually not and I can admit that with Living, but he's not good by any stretch.

Cook ?? Yeah, he's not much better and part of the reason the offense will continue to struggle. If they really want to see what Dalton is going to be capable of, they absolutely have to upgrade the interior of the o-line. They have straight ignored it for far to long and playing in the AFCN doesn't help this situation.

As much as I can applaud Bobbie Williams, he's about done and in the last year of his contract. I am still absolutely floored they didn't bring in anyone other than what they did to this point. I have to think they are going to be watching the cut lists VERY closely for help in this area. Then again, maybe it's just genious to have a rookie being the backup at all three interior o-line positions.

Please can we see Boling earlier in the coming game ??