Preseason Game 1 vs. Detroit Lions-8/12/11

walzav29

There's no 1st/2nd round rookie RB's who can tear up their knees at least. And well, the rest of the roster is full of cast-offs and back-ups except for 3-4 players, so it won't matter much unless Dunlap, Green, Benson or Gresham get injured. That's the beauty of having a roster full of players no one else wants, when you have an owner who doesn't want to pay anyone!

No - can't see them making the playoffs but I can see a season better than a lot of folk are thinking. 6-10 or :drunk: 7-9 is what I think :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

Ok doubters. Please just say if you think they will or won't make the playoffs. I'm losing track. I thought I heard 1 other guy say it. I say the 2011 Bengals will make the playoffs!

I'd love to say that I think they are going to make the playoffs. I want to. But I just haven't seen enough.

Ill definitely buy in on the over of 5.5 wins. But playoffs? Playoffs?

Only after they start at least 3-1 will I even seriously entertain the thought.

I got my tickets to opening day in Cleveland. I'll call that one a win. (I can picture a fugly game though)

Ok doubters. Please just say if you think they will or won't make the playoffs. I'm losing track. I thought I heard 1 other guy say it. I say the 2011 Bengals will make the playoffs!

No. I will add I hope you're right and I'm wrong.

Im not going to predict anything for this year. Let me ask you guys this how many of you thought in 09 the bengals would make the playoffs and be a pretty good day???

The bengals actully played phyical, the o-line drove people off the ball. Palmer only threw 13 ints, Benson only fumbled a couple times, they didnt make the stupid turnovers. Defense came toghter as a team, with a bunch of no names, and played very physical!

Now with the 2010, everybody picked them to make the playoffs, even the superbowl, what happened to that. The bengals decided to get away from running the ball!! Palmer threw over 20 ints with a bunch of pick 6, Benson fumbled the ball a bunch of times, turnovers were crazy. The o-line forgot how to play physical, they were more worried about pass protecting then anything else. The defense had injuries, but they also forgot how to play like a team, alot of confusion, and they were not physical at all.

So what has to happen this year in order for them to even try to make the playoffs! Dalton needs to just manage the game, do not force the ball, do not turn the ball over remember sometimes the check downs are your friends. Reley on Benson, and the other RBs, and Benson hold on to the ball, so stop all the turnovers. O-line get back into that physical type of play, blow guys off the line, and help Dalton out! Defense needs to get back to that physical play as well, and get back to simple playing, remember how to tackle again!!

Im sure im missing things, but the biggest things are do not turn the ball over like they did in 2010. Do not shoot yourself in foot with supid penalties like they did 2010. Im not going to predict anything this year, but i know in 09 i thought they were going to be horrible, and in 2010 they were playoff bound, so no more predicting for me.

Not gonna happen. In other years, I would try to convince others the Bengals would make the playoffs, but this year, I can't even fool myself in believing it.

There are many difference in 2009 and this season. It's not simply Palmer vs. Dalton.

We've hashed it enough though. No playoffs in 2011, but like Billy, hope to hell i'm wrong.

I will never have been so happy to be so wrong !!!

I will also say that i've never looked more forward to a season I think could very well end with less than an 8-8 record.

Can someone please remind me of the 2 streaming online sites where you can normally watch NFL pre-season games? I live in Fort Wayne and really don't care to wait until Saturday to watch it on NFL Network. Your help is much appreciated.

Anyone with tips for listening to it on a Droid? Will be in car driving to vacation during the game, and assume NFL will black out the 1530 feed. Is there a pay option for listening to games on mobile phones?

Justin tv and atdhe. Or adthe.net. something like that

Both sites have either been shut down or sued. It's pretty damn hard to find streaming stuff these days.

Ok thanks Derek and Fat Old Sun - I'll take a look when I get home from work

It will be good to watch kinda real football. I'll enjoy until I start seeing players I have never heard from playing.

I'm sure all Bengal eyes will be trained upon Green and Dalton, mine included, but my interest level will actually rise a bit when the unknowns are unleashed. With no shame whatsoever I freely admit I've never heard of a dozen or so guys currently on the roster and this will be my first opportunity to see how some of these guys are built, how they move, etc.

I hope they make the playoffs every year. This year - it is really too early to tell. Way too many unknowns. Of course the experts don't think so, but we haven't seen one play yet to try to get a measure of where this is now or where they will be in four weeks, eight weeks or 16 weeks. They appear to young and hungry - that's got to be better than old and selfish.

I'm looking forward to whatever we get - right now I say 8-8 or 9-7 and if that happens Marvin should get Coach of the Year.

Im actully really excited to see Donte Moch, if he is as fast and as good of a pass rusher they are saying i want to see it.

Also want to see Finley play, Marvin seems very excited for him cant wait to see him play also.

Of course Dalton, and green, and all the young WR in the offense scheme.