It took a while, but I convinced myself we can make playoffs!

walzav29

My main concern was the rookie QB. If you think about it. Sanchez in 09, Flacco and Ryan in 08, Ben in 04. The point is that it has happend alot recently. It has been forgotten how good a coach Marvin is, because Chad took the team off track. This team has young talent that will be alot better this year. Rey, Peko, Atkins, Dunlap, Hall are all very talented guys. The offense will be improved because of the O-line and the skill positions. The schedule is very favorable. We have ZERO outside expectations, and despite what the universe says they are just 1 season removed from winning the division.

oh dear lord - are you off your meds?

They just kicked in my man. You've been beaten down by the Bengal hatin media! The draft is more important than free agency. The Bengals have put together some good draft classes. I think we'll know after week 4. 3-1 we're looking good. 0-4 obviously we're out. This is the 1st time in a while that it's a true team.

In 2007 the Ravens were 5-11 and the Falcons were 4-12 the next season they were both 11-5 with rookie QB's. Why can't the Bengals do it? Flacco was from freakin' Deleware.

In 2007 the Ravens were 5-11 and the Falcons were 4-12 the next season they were both 11-5 with rookie QB's. Why can't the Bengals do it? Flacco was from freakin' Deleware.

I'm more optimistic than most... but playoffs seem like a long shot. I think a lot depends on the O-Line, and the defense getting back to '09 form, and obviously... Dalton being a good manager. If those things happen, I think the Bengals could manage a winning record with this schedule.

But the Steelers and Ravens will both still be better than the Bengals, and 9-7 won't get a wild card.

Steelers will have their annual post-Super Bowl letdown, and the Ravens have lost some free agents.

Counting out the Steelers is not a good idea. The Ravens still have a solid core.

The Bengals have some talented players and I like the direction they have started to move. They'll play better this year and with more effort but this team has almost no shot at making the playoffs.

I agree you can't count the Steelers out. They're a dynasty, but Marvin is a better coach than we give him credit for. Him being able to just handle the players without all of the nonsense will be huge.

Ask yourself this. If you were a fan of the Steelers or Ravens would you seriously even give the Bengals a shot? Of course not. Improvement does not equal playoffs. Maybe in 2012 we can talk playoffs.

I wouldn't have given them a shot in 2009 if I was them. They got swept! None of the analysts actually study the Bengals. They just see the arrests and the headlines and then say they have no shot. The Bengals will be alot better than people think. If the Ravens and Steelers underestimate the Bengals they will be in trouble. Marv is 10-6 vs the Ravens, so they should never underestimate the Bengals anyway.

O-line wasn't addressed either from a coaching or a player standpoint. Need a better oline coach and need some better linemen. Other than that, I'm optimistic about this team. I don't have a crystal ball but I think they can be competitive, they can play with most of the teams on their schedule.

We got rid of some of the weak minded people, so getting rolled over and having guys quit isn't the concern for me that it usually was.

O-line wasn't addressed either from a coaching or a player standpoint. Need a better oline coach and need some better linemen. Other than that, I'm optimistic about this team. I don't have a crystal ball but I think they can be competitive, they can play with most of the teams on their schedule.

We got rid of some of the weak minded people, so getting rolled over and having guys quit isn't the concern for me that it usually was.

I think Andre Smith finally being in shape and having a training camp will be huge. Max-Jean and Golling will be an upgrade over Mathis.

any team can make the playoffs any season because the NFL doesn't make any sense, but this is not a good team

Based on what? Losing Chad and T.O. are pluses. Losing CP and JJ. Minuses. Draft picks, new OC, Rey in the middle, and more years under the belts of the young guys are pluses.

any team can make the playoffs any season because the NFL doesn't make any sense, but this is not a good team

Yeah - this is pretty much where I'm at on this team. I don't see it. Happy to support them through the inevitable growing pains, but this season won't end in the playoffs. I do think the weakness of schedule will be a factor and at points the team will probably achieve mediocrity which, quite frankly, will be a surprise to most everybody. That said, there have been just too many moving parts for me to buy into a winning season, let alone a playoff appearance.

Being a Bengals fan, I hope they suck balls this year. Matter of fact, I hope they go 0-16. Maybe then Mike Brown will realize (or others will make him realize) that he needs to hire a REAL NFL GM.

Just look at the Eagles for example. Their Team President (Joe Banner) and GM (Howie Roseman) have done a remarkable job this offseason assembling talent through trade and Free-Agent Signings.

Guess what else? Neither one of them is the Owner of the Eagles......See Mikey, you can hire others to do those jobs.....Yet Mike Brown holds both Titles (President & GM) and does jack squat. Do what's right for the team you F**kknuckle and hire some REAL football guys to run things.

How many more years of proof do you need to come to the conclusion that you are a complete Moron when it comes to Football?

Being a Bengals fan, I hope they suck balls this year. Matter of fact, I hope they go 0-16. Maybe then Mike Brown will realize (or others will make him realize) that he needs to hire a REAL NFL GM.

Just look at the Eagles for example. Their Team President (Joe Banner) and GM (Howie Roseman) have done a remarkable job this offseason assembling talent through trade and Free-Agent Signings.

Guess what else? Neither one of them is the Owner of the Eagles......See Mikey, you can hire others to do those jobs.....Yet Mike Brown holds both Titles (President & GM) and does jack squat. Do what's right for the team you F**kknuckle and hire some REAL football guys to run things.

How many more years of proof do you need to come to the conclusion that you are a complete Moron when it comes to Football?

Just because he buys all these free agents dosnt mean that team is going to be great. Hell the redskins used to buy every free agent out there and never got very far. The free agents better gel, or they wont make it very far. So yea the eagles look awsome on paper, but if they cant play as a team i dont see how it would work out.

As far as who said this team isnt any good how do you know that?? If you ask me there are alot of younger very talented players on this team. Im not saying they are going to be great, make the playoffs, but im very excited to see what the young talented guys can do. Im just so happy we got rid of the player circus, and they can focus on football and getting better. So if these guys come toghter and play as a team, and the o-line gets back to physical play, and protect Dalton i think he can get the ball to AJ, Simpson, Shipley, Gresham, Caldwell. If the defense gets back to playing physical also, and gets back to there 09 style of playing, then why cant this team be any good?? Im not saying playoffs this year at all, but i think things are looking up.

Lets look at it on paper:

Dalton starts: Rookie and uncertainty. I really like Dalton's upside though.

AJ Green: Rookie and uncertainty. I LOVE Green, but lets see him in games before annointing him.

O-line: Boling and MJG are a rookie and goo. Bobbie is older and there's always hope for big Dre'. Uncertainty.

Benson is back: Hopefully he doesn't beat the hell out of someone else during the season.

I like the D-line for the most part, but I hope there aren't any injuries.

The LB corps is all new people or in new positions. No depth.

The loss of JJoe and who knows with Jones is not a good scenario for the secondary.

Safety ?? F*CKING abysmal !!!

Overall, I really do believe things could go better than expected and we see an 8-8 or GOD FORBID 9-7, but another 4-12 season also wouldn't surprise me in the least. I think both the Steelers and Ravens will EAT DALTON'S LUNCH repeatedly, regardless of how well he plays this season. I simply don't see how anyone could look at this team and think they are playoff bound. Hell, even if they do go 9-7, it's not like that is going to be good enough in our division. Can't forget that regardless of how easy our schedule is, the Steelers and Ravens have an easier one.

Playoffs in 2013 at the earliest would be my guess. Problem with that thought is, there could be new coaches all the way around and we could be back to rebuilding again. Who knows ??

Just because he buys all these free agents dosnt mean that team is going to be great. Hell the redskins used to buy every free agent out there and never got very far. The free agents better gel, or they wont make it very far. So yea the eagles look awsome on paper, but if they cant play as a team i dont see how it would work out.

Uh,,,,,,,,,,Let me get something straight. You're basically taking the point that just because they sign all these players, doesn't mean they are going to be great?

It may not, but IT SURE AS HELL MAKES THEM MORE COMPETETIVE.

So you don't like signing free-agents because of the Redskins? That's like saying "I don't like the draft because of all the crappy 90's Bengal drafts" You CANT just use the Worst example ever and base everything on that. You must LOVE you some Mike Brown, because you have the same philosophy.

The Eagles were a division winning 10-6 team who lost to the eventual Champs (Green Bay) in the Playoffs. Their Team President and their GM MADE MOVES to strengthen that team and challenge for the Championship. They not only signed players to strengthen weaknesses, but traded their backup QB (Kolb) for a STARTING CB (Rogers-Cromartie), then signed a new Backup QB (Vince Young) who could still start for many teams around the league.

The Eagles not only have great starters on paper, but backups as well. I mean, they have 3 top CB's Asante Samuel, Asomugha, and Rogers-Cromartie, and if something were to happen BOTH Vick and LeSean McCoy, their backups of Vince Young and Ronnie Brown are DEFINITELY Starter quality and probably better than the Bengals current starters.

Anyways, I'm not trying to compare these 2 teams, because obviously you can't as you have knowledgable football guys in the President and GM in Philly, and the Bengals have Mike Brown filling both spots.

That's why a team like Philly isn't happy with a Division Championship and looks to improve while the Bengals don't do sh*t when they go 4-12.......