2004 Heisman Trophy Winner Prediction

Who is your pick to win the 204 Heisman?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick to win the 204 Heisman?

• Carnell "Cadillac" Williams (RB Auburn)
    • Matt Leinart (QB USC)
    • David Greene (QB Georgia)
    • Braylon Edwards (WR Michigan)
    • Jason White (QB Oklahoma)
    • Darren Sproles (RB Kansas State)
    • other

I figured since college football is such a hot button on this site, why not talk Heisman? I decided to vote for Darren Sproles since voting for Matt Leinart would be the biased easy way out for me....Let the debating begin!

Trojans in 2004....

I picked David Greene because Georgia is going to be tough this year - top 3 in most polls I've seen.

USC will also be tough and they are ranked 1 or 2 in most polls.

Here's the difference to me: While I'm not crazy about SEC football, PAC 10 football sucks. I think Greene will win it due to strength of competition.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to think Justin Zwick (possibly OSU's new QB) is talented enough to win it but he's a sophmore. He's got good size (6-4, 225)..."has a lightning quick release and is very accurate … a classic pocket passer blessed with great instincts and a feel for the game … throws a soft, easy-to-catch, ball … a Parade All-American in high school and one of the most highly-recruited quarterbacks in Ohio State history ... threw for 10,500 yards and 112 touchdowns during his prep career, including 3,821 yards and 40 touchdowns as a senior ... was named to every prep All-America team as a senior and was a consensus All-Ohio selection … was the Associated Press Co-Offensive Player of the Year as a senior."

Krenzel was nice, a good leader, smart, a winner and a national champ. Before that - Steve Bellisari. I hated that guy.

With OSU having a record 14 players drafted this year, it could be a long year - maybe Zwick can be our savior!

I could not agree more RedsFan33....

Boobie, don't forget th Co-Nat'l champ plays in the Pac-10 and trounced the Big-10 champ last year..... but this has been said a million times....

Trojans in 2004

I love the Big-10, I still think it's the better conference, they have a better history when you combine the teams compared to the Pac-10, and the Big-10 defines what football is all about; it defines gridiron not pretty passing and high scoring -- but that's neither here nor there.

The only choice from the Big-10 is of course a Wolverine so I can't, in good conscience pick Edwards. I pick Leinart also. He was pretty impressive last season, and if he still has Williams, I can't see how anyone else could be better.

BTW - Isn't this Jason White's 8th season? Shesh!

Darren Sproles!!!

I am probably biased, due to the fact that I have been a K-State fan for as long as I can remember, but he looks just as likely to win it as everybody else on the list. Oh, and he is the MAN!

Jason White...Josh Heupel...will it never end?

(I know Heupel didn't win the Heisman, but you know what I mean).

I could not agree more RedsFan33....

Boobie, don't forget th Co-Nat'l champ plays in the Pac-10 and trounced the Big-10 champ last year..... but this has been said a million times....

Trojans in 2004

Time out there turbo. You're gettin' ahead of yourself.

USC made a good run last year but apparently not good enough to be the undisputed National Champ.

I'm not about to over-sell the Buckeyes after losing 13 starters to the draft.

I don't like PAC 10 football because it sucks. I've seen it, been a season ticket holder. It ain't good.

I'd like to see the Rose Bowl played at the Horseshoe or the Big House every other year. I've long believed the 3,000 mile trip to a different climate has an impact on the Big 10 kids. I think the only way to prove it is by alternating host sites. Rose Bowl one year, Snow Bowl the next.

My vote goes to David Greene--although I do believe that the people responsible for voting for the Heisman are dying to give the Trophy to a GOLDEN BOY like Jason White.

I believe that Georgia will be vying for a National Title and that will be factored in. I also believe that Leinart will win the Heisman in the following year (*if he's still in school).