Bad feeling about this upcoming season

Dan2330

I'm saying 4 wins and a couple of close games. If Gradkowski starts the whole year maybe 6, but they'll play Dalton so......4 Max

***I will continue to dislike Dalton until Billy changes his Sig back to like before.......To me, Dalton took away the Boobies....and taking away the Boobies is BAD!!!!

Why wouldn't Andy take away the boobies? The dude has potential, he actually wants to play for the team, and as far as boobies go all I can do is look. To be truthful that's not even safe for me anymore!

But.....but....... you're the "Boobiemeister" :weep:

I'm saying 4 wins and a couple of close games. If Gradkowski starts the whole year maybe 6, but they'll play Dalton so......4 Max

***I will continue to dislike Dalton until Billy changes his Sig back to like before.......To me, Dalton took away the Boobies....and taking away the Boobies is BAD!!!!

Why wouldn't Andy take away the boobies? The dude has potential, he actually wants to play for the team, and as far as boobies go all I can do is look. To be truthful that's not even safe for me anymore!

But.....but....... you're the "Boobiemeister" :weep:

Hah! Nice weeping smiley. Didn't know we had that one here. ^_^

I miss teh b00bies too. :(

Jesus dudes, it's not like they're gone forever!

Yeah. I mean there is a whole thread...

/>http://forums.bengalszone.com/topic/8217-celebratory-boobsboobiemiester-is-back/page__st__340

I will say the Dalton pic does make for odd scrolling through that thread, tho. It's sort of:

b00bies

b00bies

b00bies

Dalton!

b00bies

b00bies

b00bies

b00bies

Dalton!

b00bies

b00bies

Dalton!

etc.

:lmao:

For those that watch or if you just want another perspective on the Bengals upcoming season, Mike and Mike are doing their two a days and tomorrow they are covering the Bengals. Love or hate those guys, I like hearing other perspectives and they also bring in other guys to give some input. They covered the Panthers and Broncos this morning and it was done pretty well.

Just thought i'd let you guys know if you didn't already.

Set your DVR's.

I don't mind the Dalton sig. Perhaps because I'm still emotionally scarred from that time when Billy went a tad mental and started using a photo of a leather clad gay dude as a sig.

No sh*t right ??

That sh*t was f*cking disturbing !!!

I've tried telling myself over and over again Billy was just experimenting, but.............(voice trails off)

I don't mind the Dalton sig. Perhaps because I'm still emotionally scarred from that time when Billy went a tad mental and started using a photo of a leather clad gay dude as a sig.

No sh*t right ??

That sh*t was f*cking disturbing !!!

I think someone was complaining about the looks of one of the babes I used in my sig, so I threw up one of the Village people for spite. Guess I won't be doing that again. :rolleyes:

I've tried telling myself over and over again Billy was just experimenting, but.............(voice trails off)

I think someone was complaining about the looks of one of the babes I used in my sig, so I threw up one of the Village people for spite. Guess I won't be doing that again. :rolleyes:

They wont acknowledge the signings. They will harp on joseph leaving and will take palmer side. One will predict 3-13 and the other 2-14.

Now you don't have to watch.

I watched so you all wouldn't have to. Almost Jesus-like in my sacrifice, I submit.

Greenberg indeed moaned and moaned about "the losses" from Chad etc., showing his abject cluelessness. They are sad about the youth on the squad, and said:

Golic 3-13

Greenberg 2-14

Greenberg called them the worst team in the NFL. Talked again about Carson's horrible loss.

I am laughing because this is EXACTlY how I said this would go down.

I am going to enjoy the dawning realization from these dinks that they are way better than they think.

Fwiw, they each picked the Bengals 10-6 a year ago...

They wont acknowledge the signings. They will harp on joseph leaving and will take palmer side. One will predict 3-13 and the other 2-14.

Now you don't have to watch.

I watched so you all wouldn't have to. Almost Jesus-like in my sacrifice, I submit.

Greenberg indeed moaned and moaned about "the losses" from Chad etc., showing his abject cluelessness. They are sad about the youth on the squad, and said:

Golic 3-13

Greenberg 2-14

Greenberg called them the worst team in the NFL. Talked again about Carson's horrible loss.

I am laughing because this is EXACTlY how I said this would go down.

I am going to enjoy the dawning realization from these dinks that they are way better than they think.

Fwiw, they each picked the Bengals 10-6 a year ago...

Isn't that interesting?

Prognosticators last year: "Palmer is hurting this team, Chad is a distraction." "I don't think the Bengals can win with their current offensive make-up".

Prognosticators this year: "The Bengals will not be able to make up for the loss of Palmer, Chad, and TO."

2-3 wins? Yeah, I can see that. Several of us went through the schedule on the cincyjungle radio show a few weeks back, and yours truly was the most optimistic, predicting a whopping six wins. The other guys, who follow this team even more obsessively than I do, were in the 2-5 win range.

We'll probably revisit our predictions after we see the Bengals in preseason and get a better sense of where there early competitors are at as well. But right now the Bengals have a ton of question marks, and a schedule with a brutal second half and a first half that, while it has some beatable teams, doesn't give them a home game until week 3.

But at this point, 7-8 wins would surprise me a heck of a lot more than 2-3.

Yeah, i'm sick like that Mem and yeah, you were spot on with that one. I'll go a little more in depth since i'm sitting here with it on DVR.

I like how after Greeny goes on and on about losing Palmer, Chad, TO, and JJoe and how they lost "All that talent" and Golic immediately comes back with, "Yeah they lost a lot and they were 4 and 12 with that talent". Golic went on to say, "It just seemed like it was time for a change and we'll see where the young talent will take them".

I can't say as I disagree with what Golic said there, but Greeny is just painful to sit and listen to when he speaks about the Bengals. It's almost as if he didn't bother to really look to hard at the roster and simply went into a "they suck" mode with everything he had to say.

Here are the questions they discussed about the Bengals:

#5. Who will be the starting QB in week #1 ??

Both said it was Dalton's shot to lose. Greeny said it is a bad year to try to bring a rookie QB along with everything that happened from the lockout and I don't disagree. However, he said he wasn't sure it was the right direction. Well considering we have a new offensive scheme being brought in that not a single QB on the roster has seen, what exactly is the "right direction" ?? I think it needs to be Dalton and am hoping he gets that shot.

#4. What are the expectations for Benson ??

Said he carried it a ton and didn't have a great average last year. Said there isn't much behind him on the roster and teams will be stacking the box to stop him and force Dalton to throw the ball. I can't say as I disagree that teams will be trying to stop the run, but if they truly devote themselves to running the ball the way they did in 2009, behind a line that excels in run blocking, I still think they will have success. I also think the style of WCO Gruden is bringing in will help with that as well.

#3. How much impact will AJ Green have ??

Both love AJ Green coming into the league. Golic loves how him and Dalton will have the opportunity to develop together. Also brought up the fact that Gresham had 52 catches last year and he will help Green not be the only player to focus on. They failed to mention anything about Shipley and how things will look for the corps as a whole if Simpson continues his ways from the last few games of last season. I have high hopes for this WR corps moving forward with Chad and TO being little bitches.

#2. Is this a make or break year for Marvin ??

Golic said he would say yes, but what are the expectations with a rookie QB and WR starting ?? Will he be held accountable if they falter ?? Greeny only said that it's a terrible situation in Cincinnati, blah blah blah. What a f*cking toolbag. I really don't think Marvin will go anywhere if they don't have a good season and will be given at least through the 2012 season to see how it turns out. I still like Marvin Lewis overall, but for someone that goes on and on about leadership, how do they have such discipline problems on the team ?? I don't mean off field stuff either, i'm talking about in their play.

#1. How will the Bengals finish ??

Mem already covered this one. Golic 3-13 Greeny 2-14 stating they are the worst team in football.

For what it's worth, I think the Bengals finish 6-10. Could they do better ?? Sure, but they could also do far worse.

Cris Carter was filling in today and had these things to add:

"You have to manage your roster."

"You have to trade Carson Palmer."

"I believe they ruined Carson Palmer."

"Palmer isn't the only player the Bengals have ruined."

Make of that what you will, but really ?? Sometimes I really have to wonder how much these guys pay attention to anything else expect what is grabbing the headlines. For what it's worth, Palmer f*cking quit. You want to be great ?? Find a way to make those around you great. Can't do that you say ?? Fine, do what you need to do in order to work with the team and gain your release. Don't just f*cking quit.

F*CK YOU CARSON !!!

Yeah, i'm sick like that Mem and yeah, you were spot on with that one. I'll go a little more in depth since i'm sitting here with it on DVR.

I like how after Greeny goes on and on about losing Palmer, Chad, TO, and JJoe and how they lost "All that talent" and Golic immediately comes back with, "Yeah they lost a lot and they were 4 and 12 with that talent". Golic went on to say, "It just seemed like it was time for a change and we'll see where the young talent will take them".

I can't say as I disagree with what Golic said there, but Greeny is just painful to sit and listen to when he speaks about the Bengals. It's almost as if he didn't bother to really look to hard at the roster and simply went into a "they suck" mode with everything he had to say.

Here are the questions they discussed about the Bengals:

#5. Who will be the starting QB in week #1 ??

Both said it was Dalton's shot to lose. Greeny said it is a bad year to try to bring a rookie QB along with everything that happened from the lockout and I don't disagree. However, he said he wasn't sure it was the right direction. Well considering we have a new offensive scheme being brought in that not a single QB on the roster has seen, what exactly is the "right direction" ?? I think it needs to be Dalton and am hoping he gets that shot.

#4. What are the expectations for Benson ??

Said he carried it a ton and didn't have a great average last year. Said there isn't much behind him on the roster and teams will be stacking the box to stop him and force Dalton to throw the ball. I can't say as I disagree that teams will be trying to stop the run, but if they truly devote themselves to running the ball the way they did in 2009, behind a line that excels in run blocking, I still think they will have success. I also think the style of WCO Gruden is bringing in will help with that as well.

#3. How much impact will AJ Green have ??

Both love AJ Green coming into the league. Golic loves how him and Dalton will have the opportunity to develop together. Also brought up the fact that Gresham had 52 catches last year and he will help Green not be the only player to focus on. They failed to mention anything about Shipley and how things will look for the corps as a whole if Simpson continues his ways from the last few games of last season. I have high hopes for this WR corps moving forward with Chad and TO being little bitches.

#2. Is this a make or break year for Marvin ??

Golic said he would say yes, but what are the expectations with a rookie QB and WR starting ?? Will he be held accountable if they falter ?? Greeny only said that it's a terrible situation in Cincinnati, blah blah blah. What a f*cking toolbag. I really don't think Marvin will go anywhere if they don't have a good season and will be given at least through the 2012 season to see how it turns out. I still like Marvin Lewis overall, but for someone that goes on and on about leadership, how do they have such discipline problems on the team ?? I don't mean off field stuff either, i'm talking about in their play.

#1. How will the Bengals finish ??

Mem already covered this one. Golic 3-13 Greeny 2-14 stating they are the worst team in football.

For what it's worth, I think the Bengals finish 6-10. Could they do better ?? Sure, but they could also do far worse.

I agree with the heads that we had a bad offseason. But where this team is alot better than where it was. Complete change in offensive philosophies, to include a new OC and QB, and cutting of the SAME baggage that they were complaining the Bengals had too much of. Of course there's no recognition of Dunlap leading all rookies in sacks or Gresham and Simpson leading rookies in combined receptions. Not to mention the addition of what most would call the best player in the draft in AJ Green.

We'll have to wait and see the games but this team is much, much better than 2-14 or 3-13.

To me, this is an example of sour grapes. Greeny picked the Bengals to do really well last year. They burned him, and now he's trashing them. There are dark horses every year. A dark horse has to be a team no one has thought of Websters Definition - a usually little known contender (as a racehorse) that makes an unexpectedly good showing

A team that EVERYONE picks to do well, is not a dark horse (Lions)

Laast years dark horse that everyone said would do real well was the 49ers. It turned out to be the Chiefs. This year it's the Bengals. No doubt. Marvin is being severely underestimated.

It is what it is. Yes, most of what gets said about the team on shows like Mike & Mike is regurgitated and often wrong conventional wisdom as seen from 20,000 feet, but two winning seasons in 20 years will do that to a team's coverage.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: there is no shortage of blame to go around for this train wreck of a team. Management, coaching and the players have all earned every ounce of scorn poured on them.

And personally, I'm thrilled to see stuff like this. Pour it the f*ck on. I hope Pete Prisco and Clark Judge predict they won't win a game and that Mel Kiper projects them to have the No. 1 pick next year. Why? Because it's the only f*cking thing that this team ever seems to respond to: being told that they are a suck-a** pile of sh*t. We ought to be cheering the media negativity on and asking for more and better besides. Maybe that will p*ss off the players enough that they'll go out and do something about it.

Who cares, yea the worst team in football, ok i the buffalo should get that now after trading Evens for a 4th round pick!!

Guess what in 09 this team was going to be horrible too right.....just goes to show who cares what they say. Guess what if the bengals start winning they will be kissing there a** again, so i tend not to listen to that stuff. Or better yet just ignore it!

To me, this is an example of sour grapes. Greeny picked the Bengals to do really well last year. They burned him, and now he's trashing them.

I don't think it's retribution on Greeny's part. He just doesn't know much about the Bengals, so since they were good in '09 he says they'll be good in '10. Then they sucked in '10 and he predicts they'll suck in '11. He just calls 'em as he sees 'em, without a whole lot else going into it.

Here is what I am saying: This team has the worst group of Linebackers, the worst group of Safeties, the worst group of Centers and Guards, the worst group of Quarterbacks, than any other team in the NFL. Not just "below average/weak links," but absolutely the most pathetic talent in the NFL and not a single one of those players in any of those 3 position groups would start for ANY OTHER NFL TEAM aside from injury, NOT ONE PLAYER.

They have the most inexperienced Offensive Coordinator. The worst Offensive Line coach. The worst owner.

Please explain to me how THAT = a playoff contender? Manny Lawson, Thomas Howard, Rey, Dalton, Gradkowski, Palmer, Livings, Cook, Williams, Crocker, Nelson - name one team ANY of those guys would legitimately start for? They are career back-ups in staring roles here, period. No one else wanted them, and despite the rookie status of Dalton, who is nothing special in an Arena League system, you cannot win in the NFL with back-up players everywhere.

Thanks.

Shula

• Like 1