Bad feeling about this upcoming season

Dan2330

Sounds like they dont want Dunlap to be the next Geathers, and will use him as a pass rush specialst. I think they are afraid after paying Geathers like they did, and making him and everydown DE his numbers declined. Ill give Geathers one thing though he can play the run pretty good, but his pass rush is awful.

Sounds like Dunlap, and Atkins will be there pass rushers on 3rd down. Hope MJ steps his game up also this year, and gets to the QB alot.

Also im liking this new LB core, i think they will get some good pressure with this group, but i think they will be pretty good against the run. I still see B. Johnson playing a bunch this year just not starting.

Bodog.com has the Bengals over/under wins at 5 1/2. (Only the Panthers are worse at 4 1/2).

And for the record... I risked a Hamilton on the over. Anyone more confident than I am?

I would also go the over. You are on the right side of that bet, I think.

Bodog.com has the Bengals over/under wins at 5 1/2. (Only the Panthers are worse at 4 1/2).

And for the record... I risked a Hamilton on the over. Anyone more confident than I am?

That would be a resounding no from me.

I'd take the over as well. 6 wins may not be that difficult if things click early and considering our schedule.

I wouldn't bet on much more than that though.

Well, I bet $5 that the Bengals would win the SuperBowl last year... So I guess I'm twice as confident that the Bengals can win 6 games this year (not exactly a ringing endorsement, I know).

I'm saying 4 wins and a couple of close games. If Gradkowski starts the whole year maybe 6, but they'll play Dalton so......4 Max

***I will continue to dislike Dalton until Billy changes his Sig back to like before.......To me, Dalton took away the Boobies....and taking away the Boobies is BAD!!!!

Why wouldn't Andy take away the boobies? The dude has potential, he actually wants to play for the team, and as far as boobies go all I can do is look. To be truthful that's not even safe for me anymore!

I'm saying 4 wins and a couple of close games. If Gradkowski starts the whole year maybe 6, but they'll play Dalton so......4 Max

***I will continue to dislike Dalton until Billy changes his Sig back to like before.......To me, Dalton took away the Boobies....and taking away the Boobies is BAD!!!!

Why wouldn't Andy take away the boobies? The dude has potential, he actually wants to play for the team, and as far as boobies go all I can do is look. To be truthful that's not even safe for me anymore!

He has alot of potential, i think what we have got to remember this is only his 2nd week of practice. So i think we will see some ups and downs till he gets some more playing time in. I just hope they let Dalton do his thing, and dont take away his starting job to Gradkoski.

He has alot of potential, i think what we have got to remember this is only his 2nd week of practice. So i think we will see some ups and downs till he gets some more playing time in. I just hope they let Dalton do his thing, and dont take away his starting job to Gradkoski.

I've been wrong on predicting things this off season, most of all Chad still lining up out wide left for the Bengals opening game. Just from going with how the Bengals handled Palmer back in 2003, I can't help myself to expect to see some sort of the same deal play out this time.

They are saying that the running game is looking real good

"They" Lie.

We'll see Friday against the Lions

I know it's early but I think we will get a pretty good sense of what to expect for the year after watching Friday's game. Thinking back to the HoF Game against Dallas last year nutshelled the season from day one. I will be interested to see how well Dalton gets the team in and out of the huddle.

They are saying that the running game is looking real good

"They" Lie.

We'll see Friday against the Lions

I know it's early but I think we will get a pretty good sense of what to expect for the year after watching Friday's game. Thinking back to the HoF Game against Dallas last year nutshelled the season from day one. I will be interested to see how well Dalton gets the team in and out of the huddle.

Marvin said that he expects the first string guys to play a good chunk on Friday. Not sure how much he means, but he said since they didnt have all offseason, they need to gel. So in ways i understand where he is coming from, and i think they should.

I'm not sure this Friday will be anything close to tell tale.

I mean if we are talking about "This is only his second week of practice", if things don't go well won't it just be "This is only the first preseason game?". I'm just going to sit back and enjoy watching a Bengals game and not get all wrapped up in what i'm seeing is going to dictate that whole season.

On a side note, was anyone else happy to hear the defense had an interception ??

-1 for Dalton, but happy happy for the defense.

Oh, and why everytime I see a highlight of Green making some great catch is it Hall getting burned ??

C'mon dude...

I mean if we are talking about "This is only his second week of practice", if things don't go well won't it just be "This is only the first preseason game?". I'm just going to sit back and enjoy watching a Bengals game and not get all wrapped up in what i'm seeing is going to dictate that whole season.

Yeah, me too. I already expect the offense to struggle this season. Too many changes, not enough time. And I'm sure it will look uglier over the next several weeks than it will by halfway through the season. As long as I'm seeing improvement as the weeks go by I'll be happy.

As for Friday, if the first team O can manage a couple first downs against Detroit's first-string D I'll declare victory.

As always, the key for me is no injuries.

/>http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2011/week/0

ESPN likes our chances this year. Only direction to go is up. :cheers:

So, ESPN is saying that the over/under for wins at 5 1/2 is a tad too optimistic?

Awesome.

LOL how do they rate some of those teams better then the bengals?? I still the think the Bengals have the edge on some of those teams, but hey i guess they know best lol.

I felt like the delay of game penalties, guys not in sync and a lack of focus were evident from the first preseason game. I know they only have a couple of weeks under their belts and turned over much of the team but I want to see some spirit and fight in these guys for a change. And again I will be closely watching Dalton and Green and praying for no injuries.

On a side note, it's funny how polar opposite their approach has been towards Dalton when compared to Palmer's first season of minimal playing time in the preseason and not playing one single snap in the regular season. Lessons learned I guess.

I felt like the delay of game penalties, guys not in sync and a lack of focus were evident from the first preseason game.

Yep. And it came from an entitlement mentality. They had success the year before, went out and added a bunch of talent, and thought it would come easy. And when it didn't they pouted and hung their heads. The difference between '09 and '10 is one word.

"Heart"

The 2009 team was hungry. The had a chip on its shoulder. The wanted to be physical. More often than not, they simply had more strength of will than the opposition. The 2010 team wanted to put on a show (and that show ended up being a Shakespearean tragedy).

For my part, I don't care if the Bengals aren't the most talented team on the field on Friday... or on any Sunday this season. If they get their "heart" back, I'm optimistic about their chances.

I felt like the delay of game penalties, guys not in sync and a lack of focus were evident from the first preseason game.

Yep. And it came from an entitlement mentality. They had success the year before, went out and added a bunch of talent, and thought it would come easy. And when it didn't they pouted and hung their heads. The difference between '09 and '10 is one word.

"Heart"

The 2009 team was hungry. The had a chip on its shoulder. The wanted to be physical. More often than not, they simply had more strength of will than the opposition. The 2010 team wanted to put on a show (and that show ended up being a Shakespearean tragedy).

For my part, I don't care if the Bengals aren't the most talented team on the field on Friday... or on any Sunday this season. If they get their "heart" back, I'm optimistic about their chances.

Couldnt agree more! It was like the 2010 team came out and was to cocky, they thought they were all that, and thought they couldnt lose. Heck when T.O. was signed Chad kept saying they were like the miami heat nobodys going to stop them, media was saying how confindent the bengals were and how they were going to make the superbowl.

This year is filled by a bunch of guys who want to be here, and want to help the bengals win. Thats all i want, not guys who are quitters, not guys who are all about themselves, but guys who want to play as a team, and improve this team. I think this team now is filled with those kind of guys, and i like that.