Bad feeling about this upcoming season

Dan2330

Has anyone heard or seen anything about Caldwell at camp so far?

Caldwell made it into the doghouse early by wearing orange shorts to practice, he was joined promptly by Simpson, who was last to practice.

One if not both of these WR's needs to grow into the starting WR role on this team.

Well Vegas thinks the Bengals will win 7 or 8 games setting their over/under win total at 7.5.

/>http://www.marasoft.com/nfl-season-win-bets.html

Not playoff material but not bad either.

As a Bengal fan, unlike last year, I have no expectations with this team so I can watch the games with the calmness of a preseason game. Less stress. If we win 7 games and break Daulton in as our QB of the future, that'd be a good year in my mind. Any wins are a bonus this year. You can't expect much when your QB quits on you like this

Watching the highlight video from practice... Green looks like a man among boys. He made Hall look stupid thrice, just in the short video.

Instant upgrade. And not simply because Green allows you to replace Chad, but rather....for all of the things he'll bring that Chad wouldn't/couldn't provide even when in his prime.

Did anyone catch Sterling Sharpe break down how the Patriots will attempt to extend Chad's career? Nutshelled, Sharpe claims the Patriots acknowledge what Chad can no longer do at an NFL level, but feel their offense is already overflowing with receivers who can threaten the middle of the field. Thus, as a Patriot player there's almost no need or requirement for Chad to run as many crossing routes as he had been required to run in Cincy's old Clockwork Orange passing scheme.

Almost bluntly, Sharpe claims film study proves Chad can no longer beat coverage on short slants and crossing patterns and is now limited to longer intermediate routes that specifically target gaps in coverage. And according to Sharpe, because Chad can no longer defeat indivual coverages on short crossing patterns his ability to win deep on a consistent basis is compromised. As a result of all of these things, he's guessing the Patriots will only ask Chad to run routes he can still be productive with. A steady diet of hard outs and deep streaks.

What Sharpe didn't bother saying, probably because the Bengals aren't the story....or on the radar, is how Chad was done in Cincy the moment that team switched schemes. Because while Sharpe actually called Chad a one-trick pony when explaining what he brings to New England...he didn't bother explaining why Chad couldn't stay in a system based upon all WR's being capable of playing, and lining up from, multiple positions. Or the further requirement that all WR's be willing blockers.

Watching the highlight video from practice... Green looks like a man among boys. He made Hall look stupid thrice, just in the short video.

So you think he might be better than Ocho???

No... I think Jerome Simpson 'might' be better than Ocho.

I know AJ Green is better than Ocho... he 'might' be better than everyone.

That video clip amazes me how crisp and clean AJs breaks are its amazing.

Is it too soon to say..."I told you so?"

I am looking forward to seeing this receiving corps post Chad era. Green, Shipley, Simpson, Gresham. If Dalton is at least average at QB, the offense has the potential to be great again in the next few years.

I am looking forward to seeing this receiving corps post Chad era. Green, Shipley, Simpson, Gresham. If Dalton is at least average at QB, the offense has the potential to be great again in the next few years.

What does it say about Palmer that he doesn't want to work with these guys and go to war with them against this putz schedule?

What does it say about Palmer that he doesn't want to work with these guys and go to war with them against this putz schedule?

I don't know but I'm glad that he's not here acting like he wants to be here when he'd rather be with some other team.

I love our receiving group at the moment.

Palmer complained to the press about the fans booing him. He actually said before the Jets game in the playoffs that it would be nice if we didn't boo.

Are you kidding me?

Palmer's true colors have come out. It'll be tough for him to prove to us or anyone else otherwise.

The 1981 season would have looked a lot different in cincinnati if ken anderson was the same quitting bitch palmer is. Anderson booes as heto lay injured on the field in game 1. Schonert leads improbable comeback. Anderson, neither quitting nor whining about fans, starts game 2 and super bowl run commences.

Or...anderson could have quit, I guess.

Im lovin what im hearing about Dalton. He sounds like he is so smart, gets guys lined up correctly, taking control of the huddle, so i like how sounds so far. Still early in camp but cant wait to see what he can do with the WR corp.

Caldwell made it into the doghouse early by wearing orange shorts to practice, he was joined promptly by Simpson, who was last to practice.

One if not both of these WR's needs to grow into the starting WR role on this team.

It funny now that Chad is not here, Marvin is laying down the law with these guys. I heard him say he is not taking this crap anymore from anyone!

Anybody notice when Marvin speaks he sounds more relaxed, like something has been lifted off of his shoulders LOL LOL. Maybe he can get back to coaching these guys up, and get back to football, instead of worrying about what Chad is tweeting, or where Chad wants to fight him next LOL LOL.

I'll wait to make a prediction for Billy's annual prediction thread. However, overall I like where this team stands compared to last year. The offense looks to have some growing pains ahead of it but it also could be exciting to watch.

We won't be world beaters or dominant in any area of the game but I do believe that with Gruden's offensive influence and with some of the pash rush we saw last season....this team is going to punch some people in the mouth. At the very least because it seems a weight has been lifted. Time to take some frustration out on some teams and see what happens.

We have an Andre Smith sighting, looks like he was doing drills and taking snaps from scrimmage today. Finally now i just hope he stays healthy and is ready to play!!

Sounds like Zim is throwing all sorts of blitz today to Dalton, so thats a good sign so he gets used to pressure in his face.

im not sure hes playing for a contract, he mite be doing it for himself enough bad things have been said about him. After all he didnt care about the biggest job interview in his life when he showed up and ran a 40 with his tits floppin all over the place

Something's different. I think Gruden's presence is already having an effect.

im not sure hes playing for a contract, he mite be doing it for himself enough bad things have been said about him. After all he didnt care about the biggest job interview in his life when he showed up and ran a 40 with his tits floppin all over the place

Something's different. I think Gruden's presence is already having an effect.

believe it or not i think Carson's demands played a hand in it, basically calling his teammates out, essentially saying the bengals take nothing serious...

the best part was when marvin said simpson appraoched him and said that will never happen again.

We have an Andre Smith sighting, looks like he was doing drills and taking snaps from scrimmage today. Finally now i just hope he stays healthy and is ready to play!!

Sounds like Zim is throwing all sorts of blitz today to Dalton, so thats a good sign so he gets used to pressure in his face.

from the .com hobson says smith is cleared to go full bore.

If you guys get a chance read the Hobson interview with AJ Green its pretty good. Its just awsome to see a guy wanting to learn and get better, reminds me of the old Chad. He says he dosnt have a TV, says there is no time for TV when all he does is study the playbook. It refreshing to know maybe thats what this team will have, a bunch of guys wanting to learn and get better at the game. He also talks about Dalton and says hes doing great, and when asked what his best ball was Green said his long ball. Everybody said he had a weak arm, so guess we will see but AJ seems to think his arm is pretty good.

Oh and i loved what Gruden says about Dalton how much of a leader he has been in the huddle, and how he is correcting guys when they line up wrong. Gruden says he cant even phase Dalton! So im hoping hes out future, and he gets better as the year goes on, im liking what i hear and im really routing for him to do great!

This i think is great news, baltimores only exp veteran receiver is boldin, Mason left for the Jets
/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/06/derrick-mason-is-headed-to-the-jets/

they have torrey smith, doss, pita, dickson, boldin. Flacco loved heap and mason especially, I def see them being a worse team now, maybe dalton can pull one out.