Bad feeling about this upcoming season

Dan2330

Well, if you are going to go 0-16 and have the 1st pick AND take back to back QB's, now is the time to do it with this new CBA. Cam Newton cost what, 8 M per year. And Dalton = pennies.

But man, could we REALLY use those two first and third round picks we could have gotten from trading Palmer and Chad now...

In the next draft we need a CB, S, LB (x2), DE, DT, C, RB...

Gosh, that's depressing to look at.

Want even more depression? The Falcons offered us the same trade Cleveland took. Which not only means we would have had two 2nds last draft but we would be walking into next years draft with two firsts and two 4ths. But wait, there's more. That trade for Kevin Kolb the Cardinals made? They were offering the same for Palmer pre lockout, a 2nd and Rogers-Cromarti. That would have meant two 1sts, two 2nds and two 4ths BUT WAIT, there's more! The Chad trade netted us a 5th and the loss of J.Joe will likely be a compensatory 3rd...

Yep, you read that right, Mikey could have had us walking into 2012 with two 1sts, two 2nds, two 3rds, two 4ths and two 5ths. A draft that just so happens has probably the best QB prospect to come out since Peyton Manning which we're more than likely already in play for. That's right, YET AGAIN the opportunity for Mikey to build this team right and for the long haul was flushed down the damn toilet by Mike Brown.

I think this team can go 7-9.

I think Dalton with Green, Shipley, Simpson, Gresham and Caldwell will click decently if they can feed Benson and Scott rolling.

If the D can be moderately competent, and I look at Zimmer to push this unit, they have a chance to win some games.

Now, it all sounds fine and good here in late July but maybe they can find some spark and find some unity around all the fresh talent. That is what I am hoping for.

Doom and gloom, is that all you guys can think about.

This team doesnt look like a contender on paper, but they do have a solid core of young players. Those young players could really gel in this new WCO(exactly the O to run with a young team). All the pieces are coming together for a very good WCO team. You need WR's that can run crisp routes (Gresham, Shipley and Green are known for this), you need a RB with good hands and the ability to make the first guy miss (Leonard and Scott are very good at this). The quetion mark is can 1 of our QB's step up and make the throws accurate enough to make it all work.

The D has taken a few hits the last few days, but if Nate Clements has anything left he can fill the whole left by JJoe nicely. Rey moving to the middle will change the D, hopefully in a good way. The young guys on the D-line preformed very well late last season, if they continue to disrupt the O-line in this manner, the DB's will not have to cover near as long as in the past. Losing Muckelroy for the season brings the LB depth into serious question, the team needs to go out and sign a couple of LB's for depth (1 outside and 1 middle) and they need to upgrade the S positions.

I am not in full blown 90's doom and gloom yet. I still see some very good potential on this team.

They have a chance to be mediocre, something Marvin is familiar with here. They don't have a QB, and I'm hardly sold on Dalton being the real deal any time soon, if ever, of course hope he is.

What's frustrating is that they have multiple needs and plenty of cap room, but don't seem serious about upgrading their interior offensive line in particular, and tend to over-value their own guys.

They need a stand-out MLB, still don't have one, and Rey is not the answer.

With a few shrewd moves they could be decent, but still aren't there. If they're going to rely on a stout defense and a so-so offense with a generic vet QB, they need a better 0-line and better LB's. They've really whiffed hard on those two important areas the last 2-3 years.

There is reason for Doom and Gloom. While there is a cap on the amount a team can spend, just like in previous seasons, the floor that was negotiated in the CBA does not take effect until 2013. So teams like Oakland, Buffalo and the Bengals do not need to spend the 90% necessary. I expect some of these teams, including the Bengals, to try and save as much money as possible during the next two years. They will go through a very trying season this year, rely on Dalton and Gang to rally the fan base in 2012 and then put forth a marketing campaign in 2013 with new FA and this new team that is going to compete for AFC North Title.

This has been played out too many times in Cincinnati. The NFL needs to step in and do something right now. Or better yet, fans should cancel their season tickets until 2013!

The rally cry should be, we'll spend when you spend!

It's going to take more than 3 NFL practices for a rookie QB with a new offense to look smooth. The #1 thing about this team will be just that. It's a team. They will sign veteran LB's and we have to judge them after week 1. Ced needs to average 25+ carries for the 1st 6 games.

Well, our Fearless Leader seems upbeat. Found this today on Fox Sports Ohio:

Mike Brown is known from time to time to make some head scratching comments, but this beauty he made during the training camp luncheon might have been one of the better ones.

Said Brown about the end of the lockout: "We're so happy, we're like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs."

Question 1, exactly who is Snow White; question 2, can any of the dwarfs play linebacker?

I hope i'm wrong, but Dude we are going to suck. Watch a video of practice and the ball hit the ground to many times on off. RB fumbled the ball and it wasn't even full contact. WR dropping balls. Yea i know someone on here is going to tell me that they aren't used to each other yet. However, Shipley looks great, he's fast and has great hands!

It was the 2nd day of practice man, give it some time. They are not going to come out looking like superstars right away, go look at other camps everyone is struggling at this time. Dalton is a rookie and for being a rookie and only 2 practices i thought he looked pretty darn good, AJ is just incredible. There is still time to fix things, and Andy is the type of guy of is studing and practicing without the coaches telling him what to do. Im actully excited about seeing these youngs play and compete.

Mike Brown is known from time to time to make some head scratching comments, but this beauty he made during the training camp luncheon might have been one of the better ones.

Said Brown about the end of the lockout: "We're so happy, we're like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs."

Question 1, exactly who is Snow White; question 2, can any of the dwarfs play linebacker?

He went on to say something like "Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work we go." So that's what he was referring to, that they were getting back to work.

I hope i'm wrong, but Dude we are going to suck. Watch a video of practice and the ball hit the ground to many times on off. RB fumbled the ball and it wasn't even full contact. WR dropping balls. Yea i know someone on here is going to tell me that they aren't used to each other yet. However, Shipley looks great, he's fast and has great hands!

It was the 2nd day of practice man, give it some time. They are not going to come out looking like superstars right away, go look at other camps everyone is struggling at this time. Dalton is a rookie and for being a rookie and only 2 practices i thought he looked pretty darn good, AJ is just incredible. There is still time to fix things, and Andy is the type of guy of is studing and practicing without the coaches telling him what to do. Im actully excited about seeing these youngs play and compete.

x2

I feel I can root for these guys. Win or lose.

We act like we don't have talent on both sides of the ball.

We lost a WR who we thought was hurting the team. Addition by subtraction. Our receivers and TEs have HUGE potential.

Andre may surprise us.

Our defense has some up and coming pass rushers who hopefully can take pressure off of our secondary. Which is thin but not inept.

Rey is finally getting to the middle to replace slow Dhani.

We did lose JJoe - The one big minus.

Palmer was a deer in headlights. He couldn't handle the pressure of bringing TO in and Chad. Lets take pressure off QB and win as a team.

Schedule is cake this year - Easily 6 wins.

Maybe 16.

Who's with me?!!!!!? :crack:

He went on to say something like "Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work we go." So that's what he was referring to, that they were getting back to work.

I was hoping for 'old' comment.

That comment was eons ago.(5 days)

x2

I feel I can root for these guys. Win or lose.

We act like we don't have talent on both sides of the ball.

We lost a WR who we thought was hurting the team. Addition by subtraction. Our receivers and TEs have HUGE potential.

Andre may surprise us.

Our defense has some up and coming pass rushers who hopefully can take pressure off of our secondary. Which is thin but not inept.

Rey is finally getting to the middle to replace slow Dhani.

We did lose JJoe - The one big minus.

Palmer was a deer in headlights. He couldn't handle the pressure of bringing TO in and Chad. Lets take pressure off QB and win as a team.

Schedule is cake this year - Easily 6 wins.

Maybe 16.

Who's with me?!!!!!? :crack:

Reedys tweeting about how great Dalton and AJ are looking. From what i hear AJ is burning the DB, and catching everything in sight, looks real promising, i love that AJ pick!!

Dontay Moch looks great as a pass rusher they are saying, im just hoping they use him as a situational pass rusher this year, a guy on 3rd down to get the sacks.

So i think before any of us say we are going to be horrible, or we are going to be great lets see what preseason looks like. I dont think any of us know, but the young guys are looking great so far and its only the 3rd practice.

Watching the highlight video from practice... Green looks like a man among boys. He made Hall look stupid twice, just in the short video.

I love it!!! Chad who??????? This guy is going to be crazy good, and it sounds like Dalton and him are getting on the same page which is a good thing. Actully from what im hearing from Reedy sounds like all the WR are doing pretty good.

Watching the highlight video from practice... Green looks like a man among boys. He made Hall look stupid twice, just in the short video.

I love it!!! Chad who??????? This guy is going to be crazy good, and it sounds like Dalton and him are getting on the same page which is a good thing. Actully from what im hearing from Reedy sounds like all the WR are doing pretty good.

Yeah... actually I misspoke. Green made Hall look foolish thrice. Hall didn't cover him once.

I know not everybody wanted Green, but I can safely say that Leon is happy he won't have to face him on Sundays.

Watching the highlight video from practice... Green looks like a man among boys. He made Hall look stupid thrice, just in the short video.

So you think he might be better than Ocho???

Watching the highlight video from practice... Green looks like a man among boys. He made Hall look stupid thrice, just in the short video.

No... I think Jerome Simpson 'might' be better than Ocho.

I know AJ Green is better than Ocho... he 'might' be better than everyone.

No... I think Jerome Simpson 'might' be better than Ocho.

I know AJ Green is better than Ocho... he 'might' be better than everyone.

That video clip amazes me how crisp and clean AJs breaks are its amazing.

Listening to Marvin speak about Andy Dalton, sounds like he is understand the offense pretty good, letting guys know when they line up wrong, sounds like he may be a leader out there. Only 3rd day of practice, but sounds pretty postive that he is catching on.

Green made Leon Hall look stupid. Hall was not even close to covering him. at all. Hall floundered....badly.

Either Hall needs to play some catch-up, after taking it easy during the labor dispute. OR, Green is an absolute monster. Monster.

I'd like to see Revis stack up on Green... Good luck, Revis.

If Green gets 7-10 catches a game, they will win a few more games than last year, at least.

Green made Leon Hall look stupid. Hall was not even close to covering him. at all. Hall floundered....badly.

Either Hall needs to play some catch-up, after taking it easy during the labor dispute. OR, Green is an absolute monster. Monster.

I'd like to see Revis stack up on Green... Good luck, Revis.

If Green gets 7-10 catches a game, they will win a few more games than last year, at least.

I love Hall as a player but I do already Miss Joseph,Hall was a great all around player but always felt Joseph had better coverage skills...

Hall always seems to play Deep.

There is reason for Doom and Gloom. While there is a cap on the amount a team can spend, just like in previous seasons, the floor that was negotiated in the CBA does not take effect until 2013. So teams like Oakland, Buffalo and the Bengals do not need to spend the 90% necessary. I expect some of these teams, including the Bengals, to try and save as much money as possible during the next two years. They will go through a very trying season this year, rely on Dalton and Gang to rally the fan base in 2012 and then put forth a marketing campaign in 2013 with new FA and this new team that is going to compete for AFC North Title.

This has been played out too many times in Cincinnati. The NFL needs to step in and do something right now. Or better yet, fans should cancel their season tickets until 2013!

The rally cry should be, we'll spend when you spend!

Dude are you serious? A marketing campaign, not if it comes out of Mike Brown's iron clad cheap ass budgets. His only marketing campaign will be the run the same old crappy vids on the big screens at PBS, oh wait, unless he can find a way to get the county to pay for it... then your talking his language