Joseph signs with Houston

walzav29

Oh, and also, the fatigued and stale bitter beer battle with some of the posters here is showing its threads. Is it as boring to you as it is to the rest of us? Well, if I have to ask, I suppose it isn't

I'm sorry if you were under the impression that I'd suddenly change my opinion the moment two or three disagreed with me. And I know you must have been disappointed to see no change in my position after so many of you have chosen to repeat yourselves over and over again without adding a single nugget to a rant that I had rejected months ago.

Maybe things would go smoother if those of you crowing about moving on would actually do that instead of loudly insisting the rest of us develope a greater fondess for the taste of peanuts.

Bored? Butthurt? Feeling bad about feeling bad? I say, move on. But when you do move on do so with your eyes open. And that's not happening when so many of you insist that Palmer's quitting had no impact on Joseph's decision to leave. Of course it did. And yeah, it's just one of the many reasons why this team shouldn't reward Palmer under any circumstances.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and also, the fatigued and stale bitter beer battle with some of the posters here is showing its threads. Is it as boring to you as it is to the rest of us? Well, if I have to ask, I suppose it isn't

I'm sorry if you were under the impression that I'd suddenly change my opinion the moment two or three disagreed with me. And I know you must have been disappointed to see no change in my position after so many of you have chosen to repeat yourselves over and over again without adding a single nugget to a rant that I had rejected months ago.

Maybe things would go smoother if those of you crowing about moving on would actually do that instead of loudly insisting the rest of us develope a greater fondess for the taste of peanuts.

Bored? Butthurt? Feeling bad about feeling bad? I say, move on. But when you do move on do so with your eyes open. And that's not happening when so many of you insist that Palmer's quitting had no impact on Joseph's decision to leave. Of course it did. And yeah, it's just one of the many reasons why this team shouldn't reward Palmer under any circumstances.

Don't merge the impact of Carson quitting related to FA's with the differing business philosophies of "rewarding" Carson for the quitting.

Yes, FA's and their decision to stay or go, play here or elsewhere, has been effected by Carson and his quitting.

As for "rewarding" Carson, I view it as more of a needless infliction of self-mutilation by not dealing him for value. This is the jilted lovers "If I can't have him, no one will" in the form of SoP claiming he has a contract here and we expect him to honor it or retire. Love us or love no one. Really mature, SoP. Nice business planning. This is professional football, not an elementary school crush.

Holding the Carson "plays here or plays nowhere" position, solely to make the point about the employee/management dynamic, or so as to not expose yourself to this in the future, all the while costing the team draft picks or value in trades for players, is why this team can't shake the perceived and real reputation for being a crap franchise. It crystallizes for me all the reasons why SoP is a creaky old dinosaur who's obtuse management rigidity pokes out like a pubescent boner during a school play.

Very eloquently explained. You'd make a good politician.

You're making my point for me.

I gave an honest answer to the question you asked, and you immediately respond by name calling. Yet I take no offense to the intended slander because by calling me a particular name I can more easily judge where you're coming from.

Name calling works.

And you just proved it.

I wasn't trying to throw insults. I was just joking. I try not to take this board too seriously, and not saying you are, but we can all see where the typed word is lost into context. My last post being a good example.

I wasn't trying to throw insults. I was just joking.

Yeah, I get that. But do you see my point about how you can make a point using jokes and name calling? It's verbal shorthand. When you say someone should be a politician we both know what is being implied. I laughed.

Indeed. Point taken. And yeah, I see how that could be implied as a backhanded compliment. Especially with the political climate lately.