Joseph signs with Houston

walzav29

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the fact JJoe mentioned QB at the start of a long list of players and positions has any particular significance beyond it being one of many positions at which Houston is more settled and experienced than the Bengals. To go through the list, QB is an obvious question. Our WR situation is currently based on wishin'/hopin'/prayin'. Our first round pick TE is a flop according to Hair and can't hold a candle to those mighty warriors the Pats drafted afterwards. Our leading rusher isn't signed and may be suspended. Our dline generates about as much pressure as a garden hose. All of this will likely improve, but it will take time and it's hard to blame JJoe for not wanting to wait around for another 2-3 years before maybe the team has a shot again.

The QB situation alone isn't enough to explain it - teams replace QBs all the time, and while Grunk + Dalton isn't ideal, it's not enough to steer FAs away to that degree.

Bulls**t, bulls**t, bulls**t.

This team just junked most of it's long-term planning and shifted, against it's will, from an established veteran starter to a freshly scrubbed and pinkish rookie.

Point blank, there aren't many veterans already on the roster who are going to look forward to further rebuilding. Furthemore, I'm guessing Joseph won't be the last to conclude it's a no-brainer to leave, nor will he be the last to point to the uncertainty at the starting QB position as his primary reason for leaving.

For those of you who want to move on without a second glance back? I say good luck with that. Because THIS is what moving on from an established veteran QB to a ginger haired rookie QB looks like.

I don't think the fact JJoe mentioned QB at the start of a long list of players and positions has any particular significance beyond it being one of many positions at which Houston is more settled and experienced than the Bengals. To go through the list, QB is an obvious question.

How's that again?

You say there's nothing significant about something you later describe as being....obvious?

:blink:

Hey, what do I know?

Maybe stuff like that only sounds stupid when you say it.

But no, that's not true, is it?

Regardless of who says it...denying the obvious always sounds stupid.

Cheese, you're up.

I don't think the fact JJoe mentioned QB at the start of a long list of players and positions has any particular significance beyond it being one of many positions at which Houston is more settled and experienced than the Bengals. To go through the list, QB is an obvious question.

How's that again?

You say there's nothing significant about something you later describe as being....obvious?

:blink:

Hey, what do I know?

Maybe stuff like that only sounds stupid when you say it.

But no, that's not true, is it?

Regardless of who says it...denying the obvious always sounds stupid.

I'm guessing it wasn't a coincidence how you cut and pasted my entire post except for the part where I went through all he reasons Joseph gave for his decision to leave.

Obviously, the things Joseph said don't fit your rant so you have to act as if they weren't made in the first place, or if acknowledged at all, have to be portrayed as meaningless.

Again, spin it however you like, but it seems obvious that the only thing you're really interested in is finding ways to support an opinion you've already formed. Worse, the types of support you've chosen are endless spin and a blatant rejection of any information that doesn't support your ravings.

So the obvious question is if you're so intent on ignoring facts and statements from the players themselves, well....wouldn't that suggest that whatever opinion you've formed is based upon deliberate distortions, half-truths, and copius amounts of cock-foppery?

I'm guessing it wasn't a coincidence how you cut and pasted my entire post except for the part where I went through all he reasons Joseph gave for his decision to leave.

No, it wasn't a coincidence.

After all, whenever someone gives their reasons for doing something there's only one thing possible that fits the description of being...(wait for it)...the first f**king thing to fall out of their mouth.

Here's an idea whose time may have come. How about you and Cheese spend a few hours waxing poetically about the very last thing Joseph listed as a reason for leaving. Because really, it seems obvious, at least to guys like you, that the very last thing Joseph mentioned was probably the most important thing on his mind, right?

Or better still, what say the two of you put your bulbs together and debate the reasons Joseph didn't even bother mentioning. Those must have been equally important, right?

I'm guessing it wasn't a coincidence how you cut and pasted my entire post except for the part where I quoted the first reason Joseph gave for his decision to leave.

Considering your egregious cutting of his original quote from context, I ignored it.

Again, spin it however you like, but it seems obvious that the only thing you're really interested in is finding ways to support an opinion you've already formed. Worse, the types of support you've chosen are endless spin and a blatant rejection of any information that doesn't support your ravings.

What other information have we? The Bengals have (I think) more money than anyone, they have to spend it, and they're getting killed in FA. Even their own players run the other way. Connect the dots. Putting this on one guy, as if but for his decision to run away this team would be totally functional, is retarded or blind. This team's dysfunction dates back to when Carson was playing Pop Warner.

...copius amounts of cock-foppery?

Since it's your posts that contain the highest density of references to fellatio, coprophagia, and self-service, methinks you protest a bit too much on that front. He who tastes it...fopped it?

By the way, you should eat that cracker, it's getting soggy.

Ignoring all of the isolated statements Joseph made in his explanation, the reason he gave was a simple one. He wanted to go to a team that was building something now... not rebuilding for the future.

Why are the Bengals in all-out rebuild mode? Well, the primary reason is that the cornerstone of the last rebuild was not a solid rock... but a petrified turd.

Without Palmer's douchebaggery, Cincy wouldn't be viewed as a "rebuilding" team.

I'm guessing it wasn't a coincidence how you cut and pasted my entire post except for the part where I quoted the first reason Joseph gave for his decision to leave.

Considering your egregious cutting of his original quote from context, I ignored it.

As expected. It's become increasing clear that about the only thing you're capable of doing well is ignoring the things being said by others.

Putting this on one guy, as if but for his decision to run away this team would be totally functional, is retarded or blind.

Good sir, you have me at a distinct disadvantage as you seem to be an expert on all things retarded. Furthermore, it's become obvious that your blind skills are truly mad. You've proven how you can ignore things most mortal men could not.

That said, I have no desire or intent to put this on one guy. Rather, I place upon Palmer the things that must be placed upon Palmer alone, and I don't give a tinkers damn about your excuses and attempts to portray Palmer's doucebaggery as some noble hero saga.

This team's dysfunction dates back to when Carson was playing Pop Warner.

Speaking of which, do you know whether or not Palmer quit Pop Warner ball, and if he did quit were his highly principled actions made possible by his family's wealth? The reason I ask is due to my curiousity about how much money a person has to have before their spine stiffens. For example, is it mandatory a player have 80 million in the bank before his spine stiffens and his lips move OR might that very same person, at an earlier point in his life, be willing to take a stand against the man in exchange for a Dairy Queen Dilly Bar or a Happy Meal?

...copius amounts of cock-foppery?

Since it's your posts that contain the highest density of references to fellatio, coprophagia, and self-service, methinks you protest a bit too much on that front. He who tastes it...fopped it?

By the way, you should eat that cracker, it's getting soggy.

I can't really explain why I find this so funny... I guess I just find the idea of someone confusing Hoosier for Hair ironic.

Ignoring all of the isolated statements Joseph made in his explanation, the reason he gave was a simple one. He wanted to go to a team that was building something now... not rebuilding for the future.

Why are the Bengals in all-out rebuild mode? Well, the primary reason is that the cornerstone of the last rebuild was not a solid rock... but a petrified turd.

Without Palmer's douchebaggery, Cincy wouldn't be viewed as a "rebuilding" team.

And there it is.

But of course, what does an obvious truth have to do with anything being discussed on a football related messageboard?

Cheese, I think you're up again.

Or was Hoosier the last of your bunch to attempt denying the obvious?

(((shrug)))

I can't really explain why I find this so funny... I guess I just find the idea of someone confusing Hoosier for Hair ironic.

It's easy to understand. I just copy/pasted Hair's reply to Cheese as my reply to him, since he's the one pulling the bullsh*t he's accusing Cheese of.

Hair got jilted by Prometheus and is now going to blame his lack of fire for everything. Meanwhile, the rest of us will point to the all the myriad other problems on the team and wonder why Hair thinks no other player in the league could see them but Carson.

Since we don't have a training camp thread I decided to stick this one in here just to get it out. I was happy to hear the following comment from Marvin but once again it is a little too late. However, I will give him the benefit of the doubt. Often you hear coaches bemoan the mistakes of the past or a previous job and vow to not make them again. So hear goes, Marv. It's 2003 all over again. You probably won't get another chance.

Said Lewis: "Some will feel we've changed for the positive. I said it back in December it would be a new beginning, and if things worked out and I was back here, I was going to do something that not a lot of people get to do and that's start fresh. I told you things were going to be different."

/>http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110730/SPT02/107310357/Sun-shines-Bengals

It's easy to understand. I just copy/pasted Hair's reply to Cheese as my reply to him, since he's the one pulling the bullsh*t he's accusing Cheese of.

Is THAT what you were doing? I have to admit I just assumed you were being intellectually lazy again, as is your habit. That you were guilty of letting others write the bulk of your post for you in the same manner that you let others do your thinking for you.

Meanwhile, the rest of us will point to the all the myriad other problems on the team and wonder why Hair thinks no other player in the league could see them but Carson.

Actually, throughout these debates you've proven again and again how you'll point to any problem, including fake ones, as long as the problems being discussed have absolutely nothing to do with Carson Palmer's actions or holding him accountable in any way.

BTW, I'm not very impressed by your attempt to portray your opinion as part of a larger consensus. Mostly because a lifetime of experience has taught me that stupid people tend to gather in groups for strength. I'm also pretty confident about my own abilities to thin whatever herd you might attempt to hide in without getting any help from others.

Is THAT what you were doing? I have to admit I just assumed you were being intellectually lazy again, as is your habit. That you were guilty of letting others write the bulk of your post for you in the same manner that you let others do your thinking for you.

Meanwhile, the rest of us will point to the all the myriad other problems on the team and wonder why Hair thinks no other player in the league could see them but Carson.

Actually, throughout these debates you've proven again and again how you'll point to any problem, including fake ones, as long as the problems being discussed have absolutely nothing to do with Carson Palmer's actions or holding him accountable in any way.

BTW, I'm not very impressed by your attempt to portray your opinion as part of a larger consensus. Mostly because a lifetime of experience has taught me that stupid people tend to gather in groups for strength. I'm also pretty confident about my own abilities to thin whatever herd you might attempt to hide in without getting any help from others.

I don't think that many would argue that you're one of the most informed and intelligent posters on the board. I just don't get why you name call as much as you tend to do. It takes away from the "substance" of the post.

BTW, I'm not very impressed by your attempt to portray your opinion as part of a larger consensus.

Well, I don't know about you, what with your ongoing computer issues and all, but when I click on this forum I see lots of threads about lots of issues that his team has that don't have anything to do with Carson Palmer. So I feel pretty safe in saying that the general consensus is that the team has plenty of issues quite separate from its former franchise QB. Now, if we here can see that, I'm going to go out on a limb and bet that NFL players can see it, too. And further, I'll bet that those who have the option are going to go places where the grass looks greener (see Joseph, Johnathan).

Hair got jilted by Prometheus and is now going to blame his lack of fire for everything.

Well, we'ren't we all jilted by Prometheus? Hasn't Andrew Whitworth repeatedly called Palmer a quitter who had left all of his teammates...."holding the bag"

Yet here you are trying to lecture me about how the loss of Palmer won't have any direct impact on the rest of the roster or in FA? That in your humble opinion Carson Palmer hasn't done anything that should prevent Mike Brown from rewarding him? That in your humble opinion a real tough guy would bend over and pick up whatever peanut or crumb he might find laying around.

Again and again you write post after post arguing that this person or that person is guilty of acting like a jilted girlfriend. But have you ever stopped to wonder what guys like you are acting like when you beg for crumbs?

Frankly, we should all be so lucky if guys like you improved your game enough to resemble a jilted girl. After all, you can still do unspeakable things to a jilted girl....so they still have value. But you clowns are almost worthless. All most of you can do is repeat tired rants about how Carson Palmer quit for the very same reasons that made Carl Pickens a prick.

STFU

Yet here you are trying to lecture me about how the loss of Palmer won't have any direct impact on the rest of the roster or in FA?

Nope, sorry, I did include Carson on the list of issues that would keep FAs away, remember? You even quoted that part and cut off the rest of the list.

I don't think that many would argue that you're one of the most informed and intelligent posters on the board. I just don't get why you name call as much as you tend to do. It takes away from the "substance" of the post.

I like name calling. Or rather, I don't mind it. And when confronted with it I see no reason whatsoever not to indulge my inner prick.

For example, when repeatedly confronted with accusations that I'm acting like a jilted gal or that I'm suffering from some unmanly form of butthurt I simply acknowledge the way others are attempting to portray me and I respond in kind. That others will then pretend they weren't name calling first is of absolutely no concern to me.

As for taking away from the substance of what's being written? Isn't that just as true as when I insert jokes into the debate? Of course it is, right? Yet those are the very types of things that I have to do to amuse myself. So I don't worry too much if the larger point is lost temporarily because I know I can tweak and fold the rant in any manner that pleases me as the debate moves forward. But yeah, name calling can be amusing or a valuable tool that allows the two parties to cut through the civilities and come to a greater understanding of where things are.

Besides, it works.

Yet here you are trying to lecture me about how the loss of Palmer won't have any direct impact on the rest of the roster or in FA?

Nope, sorry, I did include Carson on the list of issues that would keep FAs away, remember? You even quoted that part and cut off the rest of the list.

So now you're claiming Jonathan Joseph's list as your very own?

What I remember most is you attempting to downplay the things Joseph listed as his reasons for leaving, including the very first thing that fell out of his mouth after he opened it.

What I remember most is you attempting to downplay the things Joseph listed as his reasons for leaving, including the very first thing that fell out of his mouth after he opened it.

Nope, just attaching no significance to the order in which he mentioned a whole bunch of things. His reasons are all quite legitimate, and far from downplaying them I think they all need to be addressed.

I like name calling. Or rather, I don't mind it. And when confronted with it I see no reason whatsoever not to indulge my inner prick.

For example, when repeatedly confronted with accusations that I'm acting like a jilted gal or that I'm suffering from some unmanly form of butthurt I simply acknowledge the way others are attempting to portray me and I respond in kind. That others will then pretend they weren't name calling first is of absolutely no concern to me.

As for taking away from the substance of what's being written? Isn't that just as true as when I insert jokes into the debate? Of course it is, right? Yet those are the very types of things that I have to do to amuse myself. So I don't worry too much if the larger point is lost temporarily because I know I can tweak and fold the rant in any manner that pleases me as the debate moves forward. But yeah, name calling can be amusing or a valuable tool that allows the two parties to cut through the civilities and come to a greater understanding of where things are.

Besides, it works.

Very eloquently explained. You'd make a good politician.

The QB situation alone isn't enough to explain it - teams replace QBs all the time, and while Grunk + Dalton isn't ideal, it's not enough to steer FAs away to that degree.

Bulls**t, bulls**t, bulls**t.

This team just junked most of it's long-term planning and shifted, against it's will, from an established veteran starter to a freshly scrubbed and pinkish rookie.

Point blank, there aren't many veterans already on the roster who are going to look forward to further rebuilding. Furthemore, I'm guessing Joseph won't be the last to conclude it's a no-brainer to leave, nor will he be the last to point to the uncertainty at the starting QB position as his primary reason for leaving.

For those of you who want to move on without a second glance back? I say good luck with that. Because THIS is what moving on from an established veteran QB to a ginger haired rookie QB looks like.

Moving on from "an established veteran QB"? Granted, I would have preferred Carson stay and discover what he could do with AJ Green, Simpson, Shipley, Caldwell and Gresham. and, granted, I have not been as geeked about Dalton as some others (in fact, to me, Gradkowski gives this team the best chance to win right away) but let us not mistake Carson for something that he wasn't. He was inaccurate, consistently made bad decisions and mis-reads, and despite what I thought was maybe being on the right track in 09, he failed miserably in 2010, aided and abetted by Brat, TO and Chad. To me, there really is no equitable difference in the probable productivity of the 2010 Palmer and the 2011 Dalton. Probably a push.

Relevant to FA's, I do agree that JJoe has it right that this team is rebuilding. When your franchise QB walks out on you, choosing to sty home and play Mr. Mom than earn his paycheck, albeit at the equivalent of working as a night manager of a UDF, it is the materialization of what most in the league already know to be the case: Cincy is not the place to go play, choose somewhere else. FA's use Cincy as leverage. FA's view Cincy as air travelers view taking a connecting flight through O'Hare in February. FA's go to Cincy when they would rather play a few more years instead of going home to play Mr. Mom, well, except of course for Palmer.

Oh, and also, the fatigued and stale bitter beer battle with some of the posters here is showing its threads. Is it as boring to you as it is to the rest of us? Well, if I have to ask, I suppose it isn't

Very eloquently explained. You'd make a good politician.

You're making my point for me.

I gave an honest answer to the question you asked, and you immediately respond by name calling. Yet I take no offense to the intended slander because by calling me a particular name I can more easily judge where you're coming from.

Name calling works.

And you just proved it.