Joseph signs with Houston

walzav29

I am seriously confused over some of the anger. I had written this season off as a rebuilding year about three seconds after last season ended...

Agreed. The problem is, they don't seem to be retaining, or attaining, good players.

Here's an interesting experiment: name me the best player on the Bengals.

*crickets*....

Rebuilding is only rebuilding if you're getting better. Otherwise, it's a euphemism for 'sucking'.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Postscript: the Eagles won the Nnamdi sweepstakes tonight. His total deal is $60m over 5 years, but he only got about $1.5 million more guaranteed than Joseph.

Its amazing these teams who never seem to have a ton of money lands these top name guys. Then you have the bengals who have all this money, and only thing they have really signed is Bruce Gradkoski, really shows just how bad Mike Brown really is when it comes to free agency.

Just when i thought last year Mike was really trying to win, signing guys to come in here to help this team get over the top, well that didnt work out, and this year so far Mike has showed he dosnt want to sign guys again. Hope this changes soon there are so many holes that need to be filled.

Its amazing these teams who never seem to have a ton of money lands these top name guys. Then you have the bengals who have all this money, and only thing they have really signed is Bruce Gradkoski, really shows just how bad Mike Brown really is when it comes to free agency.

Just when i thought last year Mike was really trying to win, signing guys to come in here to help this team get over the top, well that didnt work out, and this year so far Mike has showed he dosnt want to sign guys again. Hope this changes soon there are so many holes that need to be filled.

The extra insane part: he has like $50M he has to spend. Has to. Who the *hell* is he going to spend it on? At this point, go ahead and extend Fat Andre, that'll soak up some cap space.

Zimmer doesn't sound happy:

"I was under the assumption in the conversations I've had since before the lockout that we were going to get him back. I was pretty much told we were going to get him back," Zimmer said. "It will be interesting to see what the next guy is. Whether he's here, or at training camp, or on the street somewhere, or if he's on another team, or Canada. Who knows? You have to find somebody out there and play and if we can't find a guy exactly what we're looking for, we'll have to alter some of the things we're looking to do."

So can the apologists shine this turd too?

When we lose Hall next March, suddenly he'll be a POS, too.

Well, if it helps we could all declare early. I'll go first.

Point blank, if Hall's play last season is any indicator of what to expect going forward I won't want him back. Because while Hall very clearly isn't a POS...he played one on TV last year, from preseason until at least half of the season was gone. I bitched about it. Coaches talked about it. Hall admitted it. The guy played like a zombie.

Without knowing how Hall will play in the coming season it's impossible to say for certain how I'll feel if and when Hall reaches free agency. But having said that, it's ridiculous for anyone to claim now that retaining Hall next year is an absolute must. By the time March rolls around it may not even be a want.

"I was under the assumption in the conversations I've had since before the lockout that we were going to get him back. I was pretty much told we were going to get him back," Zimmer said. "It will be interesting to see what the next guy is. Whether he's here, or at training camp, or on the street somewhere, or if he's on another team, or Canada. Who knows? You have to find somebody out there and play and if we can't find a guy exactly what we're looking for, we'll have to alter some of the things we're looking to do."

Who are the apologists again? I don't hear anyone rejoicing about the departure of Joseph.

Sure thing.

Just take the turd out of your mouth and I'll go find my buffer.

What's that you say?

You don't want to take the turd out of your mouth?

You say you like the taste of turd?

You say you can't live without the taste of turd in your mouth?

Well, I'm sorry, but we can't polish a turd while it's in your mouth.

You'll have to remove it.

No?

Well, what if we traded the turd in your mouth with this severed cock?

Yeah?

Alright, you keep the severed cock in your mouth while I do a little paperwork. Meanwhile, I'll get someone working on your turd right away.

Shouldn't take long.

Maybe an hour.

Two at the most.

Just enjoy the severed cock until then.

You're welcome.

:cheers:

Who are the apologists again? I don't hear anyone rejoicing about the departure of Joseph.

Some cheer when we win and also cheer when we lose. Its a mental disorder I think.

Until we hear from JJoe or find out what exactly happened, this is all guessing on our part. It should have never come to this though. Should have been done long ago when the Bengals were the only team allowed to talk to him.

I know I didn't think we would get him back. Its as easy as looking at a couple years of rebuilding vs a potential contender. I don't think JJoe was out for the last dollar.

Its not the end of the world. We had two supposed shut down corners last year and went 4-12 with a below average defense.

Until we hear from JJoe or find out what exactly happened, this is all guessing on our part. It should have never come to this though. Should have been done long ago when the Bengals were the only team allowed to talk to him.

I know I didn't think we would get him back. Its as easy as looking at a couple years of rebuilding vs a potential contender. I don't think JJoe was out for the last dollar.

What does that say, though? That your players are willing to give the *out* of town discount? Because the reasons JJ didn't stay are limited:

1) Mike Brown cheaped out despite having $50M he has to spend

2) Mike Brown dragged his feet and screwed up free agency

3) JJ wouldn't stay no matter the offer.

4) Mike Brown has a master plan to spend the cap money on something other than football players.

I'm not seeing anything else, and I don't like any of those.

You forgot one, Cheese.

5) Houston looks like a lot better team than the current Cincy train wreck.

JJoe was asked if the Bengals made an offer during his intro presser in Houston.

“It was a competitive offer but at the end of the day, you have to weigh all the options. You know, what your team has in play. You know the starting quarterback, an all-pro quarterback, Pro Bowlers, best receiver in the NFL, great tight end, leading rusher from last year. Look at the D-line. You’ve got guys on the D-line that are all-pro players, DeMeco Ryans, Bryan Cushing. Just a chance to be an addition to that defense says a lot for me as part of this team. It was a no-brainer for me.”

You forgot one, Cheese.

JJoe was asked if the Bengals made an offer during his intro presser in Houston.

“It was a competitive offer but at the end of the day, you have to weigh all the options. You know, what your team has in play. You know the starting quarterback, an all-pro quarterback, Pro Bowlers, best receiver in the NFL, great tight end, leading rusher from last year. Look at the D-line. You’ve got guys on the D-line that are all-pro players, DeMeco Ryans, Bryan Cushing. Just a chance to be an addition to that defense says a lot for me as part of this team. It was a no-brainer for me.”

So i guess it was Jjoe who wanted to leave, sounds like Mike could have gave him all the money he wanted but he still would have left. Im suprised i think the bengals have a young and up and coming d-line, and defense. It sucks that he left, but its what he wanted, just hope he dosnt suck up there.

You forgot one, Cheese.

I understand him wanting to play with a contender for the playoffs.

You forgot one, Cheese.

I understand him wanting to play with a contender for the playoffs.

I really do think the bengals have a up and coming defense they may be young, but if they play to there potental they could be very good, with Jjoe gone they lost a big piece, so i hope they fill that soon. I dont blame Jjoe either, but its not like the bengals defense is horrible though.

You forgot one, Cheese.

Thank you, Carson Palmer. Once again your bold leadership has paid dividends.

You forgot one, Cheese.

That is so true!!

Sounds to me like the bengals had the better offer on the table, Jjoe decided he didnt want to play here anymore. So not really sure we can blame the FO on this one, they offered the money Jjoe just didnt want to take it. Its a real shame i really think the Bengals are young and up and coming team. Alot of young talented guys on this defense, too bad Jjoe decedied he didnt want to play here anymore!!

You forgot one, Cheese.

"It was a competitive offer but at the end of the day, you have to weigh all the options. You know, what your team has in play. You know the starting quarterback, an all-pro quarterback, Pro Bowlers, best receiver in the NFL, great tight end, leading rusher from last year. Look at the D-line. You've got guys on the D-line that are all-pro players, DeMeco Ryans, Bryan Cushing. Just a chance to be an addition to that defense says a lot for me as part of this team. It was a no-brainer for me."

So i guess it was Jjoe who wanted to leave, sounds like Mike could have gave him all the money he wanted but he still would have left. Im suprised i think the bengals have a young and up and coming d-line, and defense. It sucks that he left, but its what he wanted, just hope he dosnt suck up there.

This reminds me a little of Takeo's departure in 2003. At some point I guess enough is enough. Kinda sad to see this play out every few years with this team.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/30/joseph-says-bengals-made-competitive-offer-but-move-was-no-brainer/

Or it could be that two guys read the same situation and made the same basic decision - 'get me the f*ck out of here'. JJ was lucky he was a FA. Palmer would rather give up football than play for the Bengals.

Kind of the equivalent of being such a terrible f*ck that you drive your ex-girlfriend to a nunnery.

Or it could be that two guys read the same situation and made the same basic decision - 'get me the f*ck out of here'.

Spin it however you like. All I know is when they asked him why he picked Houston the very first thing mentioned was....

"You know the starting QB...."

Probably just a coincidence though, right?

Spin it however you like. All I know is when they asked him why he picked Houston the very first thing mentioned was....Probably just a coincidence though, right?

Just like it's not a coincidence that every talented Bengals player in the Mikey era has, in the end, left the team under less than pleasant circumstances. Face it, the team is now as big a train wreck as it's ever been, and it starts at the top.

For months, people focused on Carson's decision as an isolated incident, but it clearly isn't. The Bengals can't sign their own FAs, and can't attract any others worth a damn. The QB situation alone isn't enough to explain it - teams replace QBs all the time, and while Grunk + Dalton isn't ideal, it's not enough to steer FAs away to that degree.

I'd ask myself what the hell happened that Carson finally said 'f*ck it'. I don't think it was Mrs. Carson, and I don't think it was the 4 wins. I doubt we'll ever get the full story. And I'd also guess that FAs are looking at the situation and thinking if a pretty well respected guy like Carson finally snaps, they better stay away. And I don't blame them.

When JJoe said it was a "no-brainer" in signing with the Texans because they are a contender, THAT was what rang loudest in my ears.

Call it Palmer's lack of leadership, call it what you like, but this organizations continual lack of contending is what causes this.

I don't think all of that falls on one specific person, but only one ultimately has to take the blame.

No, I don't blame JJoe in the least and I wish him well in Houston.

Spin it however you like. All I know is when they asked him why he picked Houston the very first thing mentioned was....Probably just a coincidence though, right?

I'm guessing it wasn't a coincidence how you cut and pasted my entire post except for the part where I quoted the first reason Joseph gave for his decision to leave.

Obviously, the things Joseph said don't fit your rant so you have to act as if they weren't made in the first place, or if acknowledged at all, have to be portrayed as meaningless.

Again, spin it however you like, but it seems obvious that the only thing you're really interested in is finding ways to support an opinion you've already formed. Worse, the types of support you've chosen are endless spin and a blatant rejection of any information that doesn't support your ravings.

So the obvious question is if you're so intent on ignoring facts and statements from the players themselves, well....wouldn't that suggest that whatever opinion you've formed is based upon deliberate distortions, half-truths, and copius amounts of cock-foppery?