Chad Ochocinco's Big Adventure

The Pats cut Haynesworth... so who knows how much longer Chad has.

A side note about Haynesworth: I remember during the 2010 draft, there was a rumor that the Bengals were going to trade their 2nd round pick to Washington for Haynesworth. Many (myself included) were disappointed when it fell through. But then Dunlap managed to fall to the Bengals spot.

I think we can all agree that it worked out pretty damn well.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pats cut Haynesworth... so who knows how much longer Chad has.

Maybe but Haynesworth had an el cheapo contract with big incentive numbers, so by letting Fat Albert walk now the Pats save $$$ since he won't hit those incentives now. I don't think Chad's deal was set up the same way.

And continuing upon the now familiar theme....

The Bills just signed ex-Bengal PK Dave "Blame it on the" Raynor today. Of note, the Bills also worked out but did not sign ex-Bengal PK Shayne "Suddenly a Journeyman" Graham.

Sadly, there are no updates available on the status of ex-Bengal PK Doug Pelfrey.

Meanwhile, the Indianapolis Colts have caught the LeFevour, signing ex-Bengal QB Dan as well as CB Morgan Trent.

• 3 weeks later...

Could the Pats cut Chad...in order to sign (wait for it) TO?

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/27/rosenhaus-presence-on-pats-sideline-fuels-t-o-rumor/

Nothing could make me laugh harder! :lol:

Yeah, I did hear Rosenhaus was in da house at the Pats game. Would that not be ironic? Ocho would be able to say, 'Et Tu, Drew', if he were smarts enough to know that Julius Caesar isn't a salad.

Hammy injury? Not so fast.

By the way, if you didn't notice, Chad Ochocinco was inactive Sunday. Originally, he was thought to have a hamstring injury, but the Boston Globe's Greg Bedard writes that Ochocinco, who came into the game with 11 catches for the season, wasn't sidelined because of an injury.

"After making solid progress in previous weeks, Ochocinco really looked unprepared against the Chiefs and may now be in the doghouse after being a somewhat healthy scratch," Bedard wrote Sunday evening. "Figured Taylor Price would get a look, but Tiquan Underwood, who was just signed this week, played more and dropped a touchdown pass. It’s a joke what they’re getting out of that position."

Think about that for a second: Ochocinco, acquired prior to training camp for his ability to stretch the field, was scratched for a guy that's been on the team for less than a week. After Bill Belichick and Tom Brady spent the first 11 weeks of the season defending Ochocinco for his hard work, he might soon suffer the same fate at Albert Haynesworth, the team's other big-name offseason acquisition who now plays for the Buccaneers.

Hammy injury? Not so fast.

By the way, if you didn't notice, Chad Ochocinco was inactive Sunday. Originally, he was thought to have a hamstring injury, but the Boston Globe's Greg Bedard writes that Ochocinco, who came into the game with 11 catches for the season, wasn't sidelined because of an injury.

"After making solid progress in previous weeks, Ochocinco really looked unprepared against the Chiefs and may now be in the doghouse after being a somewhat healthy scratch," Bedard wrote Sunday evening. "Figured Taylor Price would get a look, but Tiquan Underwood, who was just signed this week, played more and dropped a touchdown pass. It’s a joke what they’re getting out of that position."

Think about that for a second: Ochocinco, acquired prior to training camp for his ability to stretch the field, was scratched for a guy that's been on the team for less than a week. After Bill Belichick and Tom Brady spent the first 11 weeks of the season defending Ochocinco for his hard work, he might soon suffer the same fate at Albert Haynesworth, the team's other big-name offseason acquisition who now plays for the Buccaneers.

Six millin bucks and you are on the inactive list? And on top of that I think the Pats are on the hook for the full amount even if they cut him. It is just kind of an embarrasing situation for New England. I think they'd like an exit strategy from this mess that isn't just a complete admission of error.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Lord and Lady Douchebag is more like it. What a waste of time.

79tdouchebag3.jpg

BTW, does anyone know folks that were rooting for the Pats? In the two week buildup to the game and during the game and immediately after, I don't think I heard or saw one person that wanted NE to win.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like it's time for Chad Ochocinco's Big Pay Cut.

Suckers.

I don't understand what the Pats are doing here. Surely they don't want to roll more salary into a signing bonus but if they want to cut his $3mill salary Chad can say no and then the Pats have a salcap hit due to his $6mill signing bonus. I can't imagine he makes the Pats team next yr at any salary and his agents have to know that better than anyone.

Presumably, the Pats split the $6 million cap hit over the two years of the extension. So there's still $3 million of that to be amortized in 2012, plus Chad's $3 million salary, for a total cap hit of $6 million. If they cut him, his salary comes off the books and his cap hit falls to $3 million in "dead money." If they can get him to take a pay cut down to vet minimum (which for Chad I think would be around $900k) then they would gain about $2 million in cap space.

If he doesn't agree, I expect he will be cut.

Looks like it's time for Chad Ochocinco's Big Pay Cut.

Suckers.

I don't understand what the Pats are doing here. Surely they don't want to roll more salary into a signing bonus but if they want to cut his $3mill salary Chad can say no and then the Pats have a salcap hit due to his $6mill signing bonus. I can't imagine he makes the Pats team next yr at any salary and his agents have to know that better than anyone.

I feel he is going to feel what Hines Ward felt. The big cut.

I still don't care about any of his issues.

F*CK YOU CHAD !!!

Then you'll love this Army...............

Chad gets pee'd on by a Lion at a Charity Event

http://now.msn.com/now/0304-lion-pees-on-ochocinco.aspx

Awesome, but I couldn't help noticing that beside the Chad story there was a link entitled, "Kristen Chenoweth Receives Hair Extensions For Her Dog". The stories are of almost equal import, in my estimation, anyway. Lion bites off head of washed up receiver? Then we've got a story. (And one of the best days of my life)