Chad Ochocinco's Big Adventure

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notice when Chad caught the TD pass he just gave the ball back to the ref, no stupid TD celebration or nothing. Man i wish he would have just kept his mouth shut and played football here!! Oh no he always had to have some stupid TD celebration, i guess now its just handing the ball to the ref

Notice when Chad caught the TD pass he just gave the ball back to the ref, no stupid TD celebration or nothing. Man i wish he would have just kept his mouth shut and played football here!! Oh no he always had to have some stupid TD celebration, i guess now its just handing the ball to the ref

I think the Patsies managed to give him the fear of God when it became clear that Tom Brady wasn't putting up with his sloppy habits (including terrible routes), and that if they continued he was going to get cut.

Interestingly, this isn't a phenomenon unique to football. Long-term employees tend to become entitled, and it can take a new job, new coworkers, and higher expectations to give them the kick in the ass they need.

Of course, it helps if the new organization and its management earns respect through a history of success.

I will be very eager to watch and see if Chad can actually get separation against the CB's in the AFC East. If he has lost a step or two, he will be very ineffective. If he can still get open, he could end up having a pretty big year with Brady firing lasers to him. Mostly, though, I think he will be a decoy, and Brady will gut defenses with Hernandez and Gronkowski.

I will be very eager to watch and see if Chad can actually get separation against the CB's in the AFC East. If he has lost a step or two, he will be very ineffective. If he can still get open, he could end up having a pretty big year with Brady firing lasers to him. Mostly, though, I think he will be a decoy, and Brady will gut defenses with Hernandez and Gronkowski.

I think he's released by week 6. Seriously. He is slower, definitely a few steps from where he used to be. And it's not like he has a second career as a possession receiver. The reason why I see him out of town - if he breaks one route the wrong way and Mr. Bundchen throws a pick 6 because of it, he's gone. And that happened all the time the last 3 years in Cincinnati.

• 2 weeks later...

Chad continues to suck in NE.

Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston.com broke down first-team snaps from Saturday’s game against Detroit. Ochocinco was in for 23 of 42 plays. That total was closer to Taylor Price (17 snaps) than it was to Deion Branch (34) or Rob Gronkowski (32). Wes Welker missed a series with an injury and played more than Ocho.

Ochocinco wasn’t effective when he played. He didn’t make a catch, but he did have a 15-yard pass interference penalty. It looked like a bad call on television, but Tedy Bruschi of ESPNBoston.com points out that Ochocinco’s poor timing on the play caused the penalty.

“When you’re in the Patriots’ precision offense, there is a right way to run a play and a wrong way,” Bruschi wrote.

For now, Ochocinco is struggling to learn the right way. It’s only the preseason so there is no time to panic, but there’s no denying the transition hasn’t been easy.

“To put it plainly, Chad Ochocinco’s sucked this preseason,” Tom Curran of CSNNE.com. “Yet because the guy has works his ass off, shows up every single day ready to go and is as disappointed in himself as everyone who wanted an Ocho explosion on arrival, I’m cutting him slack.”

Looks like Chad is learning that you can't just switch it back on after spending years half-assing it. I have to wonder just how much slack NE will cut him before they...well, cut him.

• 2 weeks later...

So...this will prob get moved to NFL forum, but, f**k it.

Beautiful 40-yard pass to Gronkowski from Brady, called back. Why?

Because Chad Johnson, naturally, lined up on the LOS rather than stepping back after the TE on his side was also on the LOS.

Saw that from that fool too many times to count over the years in Cincy.

Had to laugh extra when Jaworski said Johnson had been around too much to make that mistake.

HA HA HA.

OT: Is anyone else completely annoyed by Chris Berman's cigar voice? My god, man, retire! You sound like s**t!!! Plus we're tired of your old worn out schtick.

What bugged me more was during his "3 Fastest Minutes", The Bengals win over Cleveland was not alloted one second.

OT: Is anyone else completely annoyed by Chris Berman's cigar voice? My god, man, retire! You sound like s**t!!! Plus we're tired of your old worn out schtick.

What bugged me more was during his "3 Fastest Minutes", The Bengals win over Cleveland was not alloted one second.

I wouldn't piss on that guy if he was on fire.

It wasn't only the Bengals that got stiffed. Chargers, 49ers, Lions, and Jaguars. Not a word. In fact those 4 teams and the Bengals have been all but ignored all day by the talking heads.

It wasn't only the Bengals that got stiffed. Chargers, 49ers, Lions, and Jaguars. Not a word. In fact those 4 teams and the Bengals have been all but ignored all day by the talking heads.

Good. More grist for the "us v. the world" mill.

Haters, keep on hatin'!

Yep i agree keep on hatin!! Its funny how the bengals media keeps asking Marvin about it, and they asked Dunlap about it, who cares just go out and do your job and win the game!!

Anybody listen to Marvin in his press confrence i thought it was pretty good, he seems more relaxed then he has in past years with all the divas that surrounded him.

Chad dosnt seem to play very much, im not even sure if i have seen him in the second half

Interesting isn't it?

Bengals get rid of:

Chad Ochocinco, declining skills

TJ Houshmandzehdeh, declining skills

Carson Palmer, declining skills

And yet, they're criticized for letting their "best players" walk. Funny how it's all seeming to work itself out.

Chad dosnt seem to play very much, im not even sure if i have seen him in the second half

Interesting isn't it?

Bengals get rid of:

Chad Ochocinco, declining skills

TJ Houshmandzehdeh, declining skills

Carson Palmer, declining skills

And yet, they're criticized for letting their "best players" walk. Funny how it's all seeming to work itself out.

Well theres Chad playing when the Pats up big LOL LOL!!

Makes me laugh when i here Colin Cowhard say Chad will have over 80 catches with the Pats, and the Pats finally got there speed guy on the outside!! Really speed guy.....ok.