Chad Ochocinco's Big Adventure

Best, when asked what type of player the Patriots are getting Lapham mentioned how Chad, a 10 year veteran WR, was currently guilty of running the worst routes in his entire career.

Yes and that won't go over well with Tom Brady and Co. If Chad doesn't change that then this won't work out in NE.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice assessment. :sure:

Just to be clear, the last bit about AJ Green being an instant upgrade was all mine. The other stuff was my best attempt to distill the odd mixture of Lap's personal opinions and the the things he passed along while speaking as the official caveman mouthpiece for the Bengals.

Agree with all of that. Bottom line..Chad just isn't very good anymore.

Nice assessment. :sure:

Just to be clear, the last bit about AJ Green being an instant upgrade was all mine. The other stuff was my best attempt to distill the odd mixture of Lap's personal opinions and the the things he passed along while speaking as the official caveman mouthpiece for the Bengals.

Oddly, Marvin stole your upgrade line today. (Maybe he liked how it sounded.)

• 2 weeks later...

Man I don't miss this tool.

Just watching the media flocking to him and his teammates in NE having to talk about him is delightful. Better them than us. So so so f**king glad the circus has moved on.

Just watching the media flocking to him and his teammates in NE having to talk about him is delightful. Better them than us. So so so f**king glad the circus has moved on.

Im hearing he is trying to find a fan to live with in NE. Im also hearing he is dropping alot of balls in practice, so who knows how good he will be. I cant imagine Bill would allow Chad to live with a fan, but who knows.

Amen.

Chad gone.

TO gone.

Brat gone.

This season has already been a victory in my opinion.

Amen.

Chad gone.

TO gone.

Brat gone.

This season has already been a victory in my opinion.

Only thing that could have made this offseason better for me is Paul Alexander & nate livings also being gone.

That is what I was referring to. The roommate thing. And the teammates being asked about. On some level, that has to be making belichick's skin crawl.

LOL LOL i think its so funny. All i know is im excited about the drama free football, and just players working there butts off to get better.

That whole "Patriots do things a certain way" thing lasted a good 5 minutes.

And how about Chad's claim about how there would be no "need" for this type of stuff now that he was a Patriot?

That lasted about 5 minutes too, right?

Point blank, people only feel a need to do certain things if they think they can accomplish something or help them reach their goal. So ask yourself what "need" forced Chad to do the things he did in Cincy? What was the goal?

Clearly, in Cincy or New England, it had nothing to do with being a leader or helping the team win. The goal was to create a brand. And because the goal isn't based upon winning Chad's needs haven't changed at all. He still needs to attract attention to his brand. Leadership and matters related to winning are issues for others to be concerned about. Chad's too busy selling clown shoes for Reebok.

Think Chad could be cut before he plays a game with the Patriots?

/>http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-08-14/report-suggests-haynesworth-ochocinco-could-be-released

I doubt it seeing as they'd be out about $5mill but they're clearly not too impressed with him. This will be interesting to watch

It would be nice if the Patriots cut Chad, but throwing away 5 million would be tough for any club. Surely they're not happy about the media circus Chad is courting with his attempt to move in with a fan. Maybe we don't know all the details of his contract, maybe they can cut him and get most of their bonus back.

No, they gave up and gave him to much to cut him. Not to mention, their WR corps isn't all that to start with.

Chad will be a Pat for 2011 and do well. Will they win a championship ?? Who knows...

I am really just happy Chad is gone. I'm less mad at him and his antics. I'm less concerned with his BS (see not).

It's just the weight that was needing to be lifted from this team.

Think Chad could be cut before he plays a game with the Patriots?

Nope. I'm betting the Patriots will happily pay for a one year audition to determine if Chad still has enough deep speed to adequately perform his one-trick pony role. Furthermore, I'm guessing the Patriots will ignore many of Chad's failings, just as the Bengals were forced to do, simply because of the high value they place on that one trick.

BTW, in a weak defense of Chad's already broken promise not to be a distraction Bob Ryan predicted Chad would catch 80 balls this season. I shrugged, and promptly wondered if that level of production would be enough to keep Chad in a Patriot uniform beyond this season.

50/50?

Nope. I'm betting the Patriots will happily pay for a one year audition to determine if Chad still has enough deep speed to adequately perform his one-trick pony role. Furthermore, I'm guessing the Patriots will ignore many of Chad's failings, just as the Bengals were forced to do, simply because of the high value they place on that one trick.

BTW, in a weak defense of Chad's already broken promise not to be a distraction Bob Ryan predicted Chad would catch 80 balls this season. I shrugged, and promptly wondered if that level of production would be enough to keep Chad in a Patriot uniform beyond this season.

50/50?

I'd say then that it may very well boil down to whether Chad's speed is still there. If he doesn't appear able to beat DBs deep then why would they use him for that role? If he looks like he's lost more than a step then that could sew up his fate

Chad's going to have a solid year in NE. I'm surprised so many people are doubting that.

There's no question what a motivated Chad is capable of. The question is how long Chad will stay motivated once he sees how often the ball goes to other receivers. I think he'll do fine with it as long as they're winning, which I fully expect them to do this season. After that, we'll have to see.