Chad Ochocinco's Big Adventure

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<Meanwhile instigator awaits his ham sandwich from Bellichek in the mail>

Anyone expecting me to say anything bad about Chad Ochocinco will be sorely disappointed. I wish him well. He was a great guy. He will be sorely missed.

Oh who am I kidding? And 5...6...7...8...

Ding dong the douche is dead, the wicked douche, the wicked douche...

Ding dong the wicked douche is deaaaaaad!!!!!

:sure:

Just a quick note, Schefty reports the Bengals actually get 2 "late-round" picks, one in 2012 and 2013, for Chad.

On the one hand, I'm happy we got something for him. On the other hand, I can't help but remember that Mikey could have had two first-round picks for him 3 years ago...

Why stop there?

I say the Bengals SHOULD have traded ALL of it's star players to the highest bidder prior to the trading deadline in 2005.

As a tribute to Chad, my favorite Chad nicknames provided by you guys over the years...

10. The Artist Formerly Known as Chad Johnson

9. Ocho Droppo

8. Ocho No-Show

7. Ocho No-Go

6. Ocho Freak Show

5. Ocho No Catcho

4. Ocho Doucho

3. Ocho F*** Face

2. Ocho Vagino

annnnnd...Army's classic...

1. F*ck you Ocho Cinco

Turn the page. Even more reason Carson needs to stay gone.

Maybe.

Then again, maybe Chad really was the douchebag he seemed to be, and by dumping his sorry ass two seconds after the deadline passed the Bengals were saying to Palmer....."Look at me, baby. I've changed."

Ha! Too bad it was too late they missed him at the airport to make up...and "baby" had already left for Cali.

Chad turned into a bad fit, but when he was going all out I wouldn't say Mike Brown was giving 100%. I think Chad truly cares about winning he just got fed up like Carson did, and said screw it. Mike isn't giving 100% I'm not going to give 100%. I wish they would have traded him to Washington, but he was the best WR this team ever had and he was phenomenal at 1 point. I hope he wins a ring in NE as long as it isn't in the playoffs against us. Which of course wouldn't happen because we can't make the playoffs. Remember that NO game? The SD game? He had some big ones. The 2011 Bengals are a better team for this. I'm glad the circus has ended, but he put us in the spotlight with the guarantee vs KC. Remember?

I couldn't agree more. It's hard to give a crap when you don't have the full support behind you. I am not saying that Marvin gave up on the team but when management doesn't take the time to take care of the player who won and can win for you, the players also stop giving. Sometimes I wish the fans of Cincinnati would do the same. It would be great to see 4k in the stadium on opening day and go down from there. The fans deserve better than what they have been getting and players on the team deserve better. It's going to take the NFL taking over the team to make the necessary changes for this franchise to succeed on a continual basis.

Sorry to see you go Chad! On the flip side, hello A.J. Green!!!!

Well they just freed up more cap room, im hoping they will be smart and use this to help sign Jjoe or an o-lineman!

Looks like $ went to Howard, but they should still have more to spend.

I'm on the fence with JJoe, all he does is get hurt, and is not worth the heavy investment he'll get elsewhere most likely, despite the superior CB he is when healthy.

The problem is, this team has no one beyond Hall, who is overrated as-is, besides Pac Man, and who knows what will happen with that clown.

So I'll be disappointed to see JJoe go as a result, but I'm not "expecting" the Bengals' to resign him, they don't overpay for anybody they need to keep - it's why they lose more often than they win.

Maybe.

Then again, maybe Chad really was the douchebag he seemed to be, and by dumping his sorry ass two seconds after the deadline passed the Bengals were saying to Palmer....."Look at me, baby. I've changed."

Ha! Too bad it was too late they missed him at the airport to make up...and "baby" had already left for Cali.

"California ain't so far away, baby. And the reason bus wheels are round is so they can bring you back home to me. Call me." --- Mike Brown Eyes

Maybe.

Thought of this myself...but more likely old Mike wasn't going to pay two WR's that kind of money (after signing Green). Just like he isn't going to pay two CB's on the roster top dollar in Hall and JJ.

Just like he wished that Sam Shade had a twin brother.

Favorite memories:

Long TD run vs. Ravens in 2002? 2003?

The "Don't Fine Me NFL" poster game 2003?

The game against the Colts in 2005

The extra point vs the Pats in preseason

Most of the 2005 season

Not-so-favorites:

The "Ocho Cinco" debut game-2006

Any game on Sunday night or Monday night

The "HOF 20??" jacket game

The meltdown at halftime vs. Steelers in the playoffs

His disappearing act vs. the Jets in back-to-back weeks in 2009

The Super Bowl week "trade-me" road show after the 2008 season

chadcrying.jpg

Sadly, I think the high point for this group was the week before the playoff game against the Steelers. The team had made the playoffs and Carson had just signed his contract. With Chad and Carson gone hopefully Marvin will finally be able to run this team properly, without all of the distractions. It's probably his last chance.

I'm still going to wear my Chad Johnson jersey. I never considered getting an Ochocinco one.

For several years now I've proudly worn a #85 Bengal jersey featuring the name X'd out by two long pieces of tape. To call it a conversation starter, even here in sunny southern Cal, would be an understatement.

I assume it will burn easily when lit.

THANK

YOU

GOD

!!!!!!

This one single move makes this (for me) one of the very best offseasons ever....although yeah, I would have preferred the 1st and 3rd from a year or two back as well

Now only one more worthless sh!tbag needs to go.......hint: good with money, bad with football

(well, ok, yeah, Carson needs to move on too)

oh wait....JJoe left too? Crap, we're back in the sh!tter again.

With Brady (a.k.a. a quality QB without any quit in him) throwing to Chad in the Patriots offensive scheme I see him catching for more than 800+ yards this season.

He'll be reborn. It's the way things work for us.

With Brady (a.k.a. a quality QB without any quit in him) throwing to Chad in the Patriots offensive scheme I see him catching for more than 800+ yards this season.

He'll be reborn. It's the way things work for us.

Dont underestimate the level of ME in Chad. And the level of quit in Haynesworth. We all know Chad cant block if he wanted to. HE is useless if the ball isn't being thrown to him.It'll be interesting how Belichek will handle him and how Chad reacts to it.