Chad Ochocinco's Big Adventure

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A misstep like this could even hurt his chances at joining the broadcasting scene that he always seemed destined for.

We should be so lucky.

While I find him humorous at times, that sh*t can only be taken in small doses.

If I had to listen to him for any great period of time, it would be bad.

I can't wait to hear the post-mortem Chad will do on his career. No doubt there will be lots of blame to go around, with himself conpsicuously absent from any fault whatsoever.

When your own ego is the only thing you care about, when it's the only thing you know, when it is basically your God, expect to live a shallow, unfullfilling life.

Another douchebag named Johnson weighs in.

During ESPN’s Monday Night Countdown, former NFL receiver Keyshawn Johnson, believed to be a cousin of Chad Johnson, insisted that the Cincinnati Bengals are to blame for Chad’s predicament.

Keyshawn suggested that the Bengals don’t have a strict organization. Chad has played for the Patriots and went to camp with the Dolphins since playing for the Bengals from 2001 to 2010.

Middletown native Cris Carter also was critical of Chad during the show, but did not blame the Bengals as Keyshawn did.

I don't know WTF is wrong with Keyshawn, but I blame the Jets.

Hey, it makes just as much sense.

During ESPN’s Monday Night Countdown, former NFL receiver Keyshawn Johnson, believed to be a cousin of Chad Johnson, insisted that the Cincinnati Bengals are to blame for Chad’s predicament.

Keyshawn suggested that the Bengals don’t have a strict organization. Chad has played for the Patriots and went to camp with the Dolphins since playing for the Bengals from 2001 to 2010.

Middletown native Cris Carter also was critical of Chad during the show, but did not blame the Bengals as Keyshawn did.

That statement makes no sense Chad beat his girlfriend back in 2000, so who's fault is that Oregon state? Too me it seems like Chad has a problem and needs help he seems to like to beat women! I can't stand when people try to blame other things when maybe the problem is the person. Such a stupid statement there Keyshawn!

While it would be easy to be vindictive, I'm going to go with just sad. As for the Keyshawn quip, I distinctly remember his "exclusive interview" with Chad back 5 or 6 years ago as being a precursor to Chad's attitude change and first round of trade demands. Keyshawn totally set Chad up in that interview and got him to start bagging on the Bengals, which he had never done before. At the time, Chad was under some fire for his whole "HOF 20__" jacket stunt and sounded like he was trying to be contrite about the whole thing. Keyshawn got the interview most likely based on Chad's impression that it would be a friendly room and a chance to control some of the damage to his reputation. Chad came across as being shocked that Keyshawn was asking him such difficult questions - like he was totally unprepared for it. Keyshawn was trying to hold onto his broadcasting (talking head) job at the time and - in my opinion - agreed to set Chad up to show how he could handle a "tough" interview. He asked him questions like what he thought about the Bengals "turning their back on him" after he had been such a reliable player, etc., etc., the usual "they're dissing you man" type of garbage. So prompted, Chad broke down nearly into tears about how he thought the Bengals didn't support him...blah....blah.

Bottom line - Keyshawn sold out his friend (and what was widely and probably incorrectly touted as his cousin) for an interview to try to help his career. Unfortunately, I think that's exactly what it did. Double unfortunately, I think that's when Chad really started to believe his own hype and the beginning of him jumping off the rails. He has never produced consistently since then and a few months later was making the rounds during the pre-Super Bowl media circus demanding (ultimately unsuccessfully) to be traded. Conclusion: Keyshawn is a punk ass and Chad was too dumb/naive to see it coming.

Things went worse when Chad signed on with Drew Rosenhaus as was predicted by many on this very site. Not really his fault either but he didn't help put a positive spin on his client or be a good life coach when necessary.

Bottom line - Keyshawn sold out his friend (and what was widely and probably incorrectly touted as his cousin) for an interview to try to help his career. Unfortunately, I think that's exactly what it did. Double unfortunately, I think that's when Chad really started to believe his own hype and the beginning of him jumping off the rails. He has never produced consistently since then and a few months later was making the rounds during the pre-Super Bowl media circus demanding (ultimately unsuccessfully) to be traded. Conclusion: Keyshawn is a punk ass and Chad was too dumb/naive to see it coming.

Great point. I had totally forgotten about that horrible interview.

No mas agua for Ocho

/>http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?w=1c1tw&storyId=8272213&disableShare=true&adBlock=block&i=SC&hidePageFooter=true&hidePageHeader=true

I've never heard of Zico water. What's Chad out? About a Benjamin?

No mas agua for Ocho

/>http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?w=1c1tw&storyId=8272213&disableShare=true&adBlock=block&i=SC&hidePageFooter=true&hidePageHeader=true

This is a brilliant marketing strategy. More people will hear about Zico water by stating publicly they have dropped Chad than they ever would have heard about it by letting him endorse it.

No mas agua for Ocho

This is a brilliant marketing strategy. More people will hear about Zico water by stating publicly they have dropped Chad than they ever would have heard about it by letting him endorse it.

Exactly.

It allows the company to publicly announce how they are a company of values and ethics.

Oh by the way, our product is freaking delicious.