Reds vs. Cardinals

ArmyBengal

Here we go now. The start of the second half. The Reds really need to start off strong in this series with the Cards.

Cueto and Carpenter are pitching in tonights game, so it should prove interesting.

I haven't given up hope on the season yet, but they need to get focused and show some consistency.

GO REDS !!!

2-0 Reds, then 4-3 Reds. Each time with the lead a chance to break the game open. Now it's 5-4 Cards.

This team has no killer instinct. None. That and Dusty doing idiotic things like putting in his 4th best reliever to face Rasmus and Pujols. Idiot. Pure and simple.

Arroyo vs. Carpenter today.

Needless to say, yikes.

Yikes indeed. Carpenter is 13-4 with a 2.29 ERA in 21 starts against the Reds. This game will be a tough row to hoe for Cincinnati. Arroyo has surrendered a major league-high 25 home runs, eight in his last three starts.

That being said I feel the Reds are primed to win back to back games for the 1st time in a month. We have to start stringing wins together!

Stubbs I can sort of deal with. Taking Cozart out for Renteria is not smart. Changing the lineup that saw your leadoff hitter hit 2 HRs and your shortstop have 3 hits is not smart. Renteria is hitting .167 against Carpenter. Why would you take out Cozart? He's 7-20 since coming up.

Dusty tinkers with the lineup too damn much and he's more concerned with managing egos instead of managing to win. Always has been.

3-1 Cardinals.

Make that 4-1.

And the treading water continues. Over a month now since back to back wins. This season has been extremely disappointing.

So many holes to fill. It makes you wonder if the Reds would really be better at selling and getting ready for 2012 instead of trading potential impact players this year at the deadline.

I'm leaning on selling. Standing pat, however, is not the answer for a team and a fanbase with one winning season since 1995.

Wow WTG Reds!!! Homer and Cordero pitched great. Cozart is looking great. Phillips great "D" again. We get a left fielder and we can win it again. Go Reds. Beat Pittsburg. Wow sounds funny A big series coming with the Pirates.

Wow WTG Reds!!! Homer and Cordero pitched great. Cozart is looking great. Phillips great "D" again. We get a left fielder and we can win it again. Go Reds. Beat Pittsburg. Wow sounds funny A big series coming with the Pirates.

Just take 2 out of 3 like we did this weekend. Awesome win today!

Exactly why I had been calling for Cozart earlier. I still don't like the decision to pull him from the lineup the day before, but whatever...

I don't know if anyone else heard it this morning on Mike and Mike, but there was an interview with Busty Ulney when they were talking about the Yankees interest in Himenez from the Rockies and he said the Rockies had gotten a call from the Reds and it started people thinking about players that could be had in trades prior to the deadline. He didn't say they were calling about Himenez or another player, but it sounds like they are trying to make something happen.

I have given Jocketty some grief this year, but he pulls stuff out of thin air sometimes, so I will sit back and wait...

It was Jimenez the Reds were calling the Rockies about:

/>http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/rumors/post/Rockies-don-t-plan-to-deal-Jimenez?urn=mlb-369558

The Cincinnati Reds are said to be interested in doing a deal for Colorado Rockies starting pitcher Ubaldo Jimenez(notes). Who wouldn't want the pitcher who started for the National League All-Stars last season and who has struck out 750 batters in his six seasons of work?